Sponsored

In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation..

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey folks so I’m in dire need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation hopefully I can get some tips or what not here. So my bronco finally arrived at the dealer this week…Finally after almost 2yrs. anxiously waiting for it. When I placed my order reservation last year I spoke on the phone and in person with the manager there and he assured me that he wouldn’t do any MARKUPS on my bronco if I ordered through them. (He wasn’t going to play those bullshit games other dealers were playing on bronco order holders). Would not give me a contract agreement because he said the dealer wasn’t doing them. After I repeatedly asked him for one on multiple occasions. All he did was sign the bronco order form and had me signed as well. Stating that I wasn’t going to pay any Markups at the time of purchase. I was going to pay msrp Price that was on there. Well it turns out that on the phone and when I went in there this week to pickup my bronco he did do a Markup of $7,400 stating that(well materials and everything else went up and so forth…bs). So they won’t honor the commitment they made at the beginning. I have read about bronco order holders going through the same situation that I’m in right now with these last minute dealer Markups. I’ve also read that if there’s no contract agreement with the dealer name and seal on it there’s not much I can do…. Now they want me to sign a document stating that I no longer want my bronco which i think is horse shit. So what happens if I don’t sign that document? Do I have any type of leverage against them or at my totally screwed at this point?? I’m no expert in this by no means, but am I in some type of agreement or contract with them??? I know they want me to sign that so they can markup my bronco even more and sell it down the line. That’s what the manager told me over the phone a few days ago when I complained about the bullshit Markups.( I can sell that bronco for over $14,000 if I want)… Please advice as to what are my options at this point I really hate having to give it up after all this time waiting for it….Will ford reimburse me that $100 i paid to reserve it? The dealer says they will but I just don’t trust those greedy slime at this point…. Thanks
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm really sorry you have to deal with that bullshit. Say their name here so everyone knows what slime they are.
F* them and the horse they rode in on. They can make their markup if they want, but they damned sure shouldn't get it off of you.
"Hello, Jeep?..."

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dundee Ford in Dundee IL. They did the same to the some other guy and sold his bronco to someone else last week according to the sales guy…

Robtw

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is BS and I’m thinking my dealer is going to pull the same thing. It looks like some people have had success with mass negative social media reviews (google,yelp,ect.) Let us know if we need to help with that.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dundee Ford in Dundee IL. They did the same thing to some other guy a couple weeks ago and sold his bronco last week to someone else and according to the sales guy….

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, you are not the only that must deal with this. You have a contract! Might be tough to prove, but signed purchase agreement sounds convincing to me. I would strongly suggest appeal to a higher level manger if not the GM. If that doesn’t go well, I would scorch earth those guys. Ask the forum to flame the dealership ratings. Put in a bbb complaint. All that pressure can work for a possible good outcome. Technically you could pursue legally, but the incremental effort might not be worth the hassle.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove it yesterday When I went to pick it up

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, you are not the only that must deal with this. You have a contract! Might be tough to prove, but signed purchase agreement sounds convincing to me. I would strongly suggest appeal to a higher level manger if not the GM. If that doesn’t go well, I would scorch earth those guys. Ask the forum to flame the dealership ratings. Put in a bbb complaint. All that pressure can work for a possible good outcome. Technically you could pursue legally, but the incremental effort might not be worth the hassle.
The gm is the guy who signed my sheet but won’t honor it. They want me to know let my bronco go so they jack up the price even more and sell it. If I don’t sign the document they sent me saying (That I no longer want the bronco) can they legally sell to someone else?

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The gm is the guy who signed my sheet but won’t honor it. They want me to know let my bronco go so they jack up the price even more and sell it. If I don’t sign the document they sent me saying (That I no longer want the bronco) can they legally sell to someone else?
I suspect the request to sign the waiver is to protect them from the ford allocation formula that sales should be to the reservation owners. I would definitely not sign that. The gm sounds like someone who had no ethics. Is this a family owned dealership? Is there one level higher you could appeal to? Say, the actual owner or ownership group? If owned by conglomerate I would escalate. If no other appeals, than I would make them wish they decided to screw over another person. I have just enough vengeance that I would raise hell.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like you don't have a Bronco problem, because essentially, you don't have a Bronco after waiting 2 years.

Talk about shitty people at that dealership.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I suspect the request to sign the waiver is to protect them from the ford allocation formula that sales should be to the reservation owners. I would definitely not sign that. The gm sounds like someone who had no ethics. Is this a family owned dealership? Is there one level higher you could appeal to? Say, the actual owner or ownership group? If owned by conglomerate I would escalate. If no other appeals, than I would make them wish they decided to screw over another person. I have just enough vengeance that I would raise hell.
They’re part of the Bob Loquercio auto group.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arbitration.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey folks so I’m in dire need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation hopefully I can get some tips or what not here. So my bronco finally arrived at the dealer this week…Finally after almost 2yrs. anxiously waiting for it. When I placed my order reservation last year I spoke on the phone and in person with the manager there and he assured me that he wouldn’t do any MARKUPS on my bronco if I ordered through them. (He wasn’t going to play those bullshit games other dealers were playing on bronco order holders). Would not give me a contract agreement because he said the dealer wasn’t doing them. After I repeatedly asked him for one on multiple occasions. All he did was sign the bronco order form and had me signed as well. Stating that I wasn’t going to pay any Markups at the time of purchase. I was going to pay msrp Price that was on there. Well it turns out that on the phone and when I went in there this week to pickup my bronco he did do a Markup of $7,400 stating that(well materials and everything else went up and so forth…bs). So they won’t honor the commitment they made at the beginning. I have read about bronco order holders going through the same situation that I’m in right now with these last minute dealer Markups. I’ve also read that if there’s no contract agreement with the dealer name and seal on it there’s not much I can do…. Now they want me to sign a document stating that I no longer want my bronco which i think is horse shit. So what happens if I don’t sign that document? Do I have any type of leverage against them or at my totally screwed at this point?? I’m no expert in this by no means, but am I in some type of agreement or contract with them??? I know they want me to sign that so they can markup my bronco even more and sell it down the line. That’s what the manager told me over the phone a few days ago when I complained about the bullshit Markups.( I can sell that bronco for over $14,000 if I want)… Please advice as to what are my options at this point I really hate having to give it up after all this time waiting for it….Will ford reimburse me that $100 i paid to reserve it? The dealer says they will but I just don’t trust those greedy slime at this point…. Thanks
Call me stupid, but if both parties signed something agreeing to a price and money changed hands, in this case $100 reservation fee then, you have signed a contract.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, so the question is..... did you sign a purchase agreement/buyer's order OR did you sign the order sheet that lists MSRP and says "Not an invoice".

If you signed the latter, that document does not guarantee price unless extra verbiage was added to that document stating that the listed price was the agreed upon selling price. The only thing that order sheet does is acknowledge the order was submitted properly in Ford's ordering system.
Sponsored