OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We will still be in the 1100 range lower than x plan price on most models because of our 300 bonus..

Just saying..
No question you guys are doing a great service for all of us. I was just saying if shipping runs $1100, it’s a wash. Or it could be a fun drive home for some!
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate Granger’s proactive nature and excellent pricing structure. Seems like a lot of dealers are hiding their prices and it is just annoying having to wade through that crap. Some of the dealers out there don’t seem to know that the Bronco is coming out!

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thought is that it would be difficult to coordinate a group shipping based on varying reservation times and build sequencing based on reservations and trims. Additionally, for WA taxes for out of state are based on your address and in-state purchases are based on the dealer’s location. I’m not sure a flight and drive back or paying for additional shipping or dealing with an far away out of state dealer is worth the extra savings.
Agreed - group shipping logistics likely a nitemare......Flying out to Grainger - from a purely practical point probably not much if any savings when the travel expense is considered. But for the pure FUN of it, spending time with my lil bro with his new Bronco (4 door & my 2 door) or whomever else/tag-alongs/victims will cry to join in :LOL: , stopping along the way going west on I-90 (traveled many times - much of is beautiful route) a chance to "get away from it all" (sort of, & any similar cliche' statements): "priceless"... we're gonna do a big road trip with them eventually anyway too so....why not I guess. So many variables, so very long between then & now...One thing for sure: I'm spending way waaaay too much time on here:ROFLMAO: but its really great (& educational) to have something to be enthused about, especially in this most rotten of years 2020!!

Last edited:

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm reserved at Vancouver Ford but open to options.

Updated Oct 20th
Talked to Vancouver Ford and they have zero info with the tag line of "well the price is whatever Ford puts down on their page". Its always a walk in price until you get into financing.

Last edited:

Akwestender

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F350 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m currently using a dealer in Corvallis, Wilison Ford, who has committed to X plan and no markup. I’m willing to reach out if anyone is interested. My dad bought a Bronco from them in 71 and five fords sense. They are solid people.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to move my #1 reservation to Granger. For me the initial savings pays off for spectacular and slow road trip that I have wanted to do anyway. IF things change and something comes up with an OR/WA/ID dealer I have another reservation to move that still has a great spot. All about the experience with the Bronco for me and @Granger Ford is at least being enthusiastic and transparent. Huge plus in my book.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided to move my #1 reservation to Granger. For me the initial savings pays off for spectacular and slow road trip that I have wanted to do anyway. IF things change and something comes up with an OR/WA/ID dealer I have another reservation to move that still has a great spot. All about the experience with the Bronco for me and @Granger Ford is at least being enthusiastic and transparent. Huge plus in my book.
I’m certainly thinking along those lines. Waiting for build and price to launch and get a price commitment from my local dealer.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m certainly thinking along those lines. Waiting for build and price to launch and get a price commitment from my local dealer.
@fv9 I was totally in your mindset till this weekend too and I think it is solid planning. I have had a good experience with Damerow here in Oregon. I didnt want to jump the gun, but for me the road trip back really got me for the potential experience. I almost feel like the dealers out here could match Granger and I would still head out to the "Field of Dreams"! Fingers crossed for a dealer to step up on West coast to help everyone who can't or doesn't want to make a trip out.
Hopefully BnP comes soon so we can have the next thing to angst endlessly about haha.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I havent found any dealer in the Portland area willing to give pricing below MSRP + no ADM, most are accepting x plan. I believe, from previous posts, x plan is invoice plus $100?

Granger and Stephens will do $1000 under invoice for everyone, and $1300 below invoice for x plan.

If comparing to MSRP and no ADM, this is a $2700 savings, plus discounted options (Sasquatch and packages). Discounted options still in effect for non x plan.

If using X plan locally, then you pay an extra $1400 (compared to Granger and Stephens)but don't have shipping/traveling expenses and the $250 tax.

Hats off to Granger and Stephens but I'm really hoping for a west coast alternative.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havent found any dealer in the Portland area willing to give pricing below MSRP + no ADM, most are accepting x plan. I believe, from previous posts, x plan is invoice plus $100?

Granger and Stephens will do $1000 under invoice for everyone, and $1300 below invoice for x plan.

If comparing to MSRP and no ADM, this is a $2700 savings, plus discounted options (Sasquatch and packages). Discounted options still in effect for non x plan.

If using X plan locally, then you pay an extra $1400 (compared to Granger and Stephens)but don't have shipping/traveling expenses and the $250 tax.

Hats off to Granger and Stephens but I'm really hoping for a west coast alternative.

Thoughts?
Not exactly right on xplan, but close. Literally hundreds of posts on here about it but a good start is this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/

Reminder that you will pay tax on a new car in OR regardless what state you buy it in. If you buy in state they call it new vechicle Lux tax. Doesn't matter if it is local dealer 2miles from your house or dealer 2000miles away, it is 0.5 of 1% of sale price. No escaping that one!

And I agree every Oregon dealership I have talked to is at MSRP (no ADM) and will honor Xplan if offered. I think there are some good honest dealers here, but none that have stepped up to Granger or Stephens type of deal (yet and I hope someone does). For me it was all personal preference and the allure of a great (fingers crossed!) road trip.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If one west coast dealer would offer something similar to Granger, they would clean up.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not exactly right on xplan, but close. Literally hundreds of posts on here about it but a good start is this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/

Reminder that you will pay tax on a new car in OR regardless what state you buy it in. If you buy in state they call it new vechicle Lux tax. Doesn't matter if it is local dealer 2miles from your house or dealer 2000miles away, it is 0.5 of 1% of sale price. No escaping that one!

And I agree every Oregon dealership I have talked to is at MSRP (no ADM) and will honor Xplan if offered. I think there are some good honest dealers here, but none that have stepped up to Granger or Stephens type of deal (yet and I hope someone does). For me it was all personal preference and the allure of a great (fingers crossed!) road trip.
Thanks for the info. I was unaware of any Oregon tax for new vehicles purchased in state. I'm curious what the source is. I looked at Oregon DOJ for guidance:
https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/motor-vehicles/buying-a-vehicle/

The site states:
  • There is no sales tax on any vehicle purchased in Oregon.
    • As of January 1, 2020, certain Oregon businesses will need to pay a new Corporate Activity Tax (CAT). Oregon vehicle dealers are allowed to pass the cost of the CAT on to consumers who purchase vehicles from them.
    • If you are buying a car in another state, make sure the dealer fills out paperwork for Oregon residents so that you do not have to pay sales tax.
Appreciate the feedback, lots to learn on this.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I was unaware of any Oregon tax for new vehicles purchased in state. I'm curious what the source is. I looked at Oregon DOJ for guidance:
https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/motor-vehicles/buying-a-vehicle/

The site states:
  • There is no sales tax on any vehicle purchased in Oregon.
    • As of January 1, 2020, certain Oregon businesses will need to pay a new Corporate Activity Tax (CAT). Oregon vehicle dealers are allowed to pass the cost of the CAT on to consumers who purchase vehicles from them.
    • If you are buying a car in another state, make sure the dealer fills out paperwork for Oregon residents so that you do not have to pay sales tax.
Appreciate the feedback, lots to learn on this.

Yup very easy to over look. There isn't SALES tax on USED vehicles. ANY NEW vehicle gets this tax.

https://www.suburbanford.net/vehicl... privilege tax is,of any new taxable vehicles.

Tricky buggars... I know this for a FACT. Bought a rig in 2018 brand new 3miles from house w/ only 88 miles and got hit with it. It is acutally called a Privlege tax if you buy in state. Or a vechicle use tax if you buy it out of state.

No way we are getting out of this tax with the Bronco...cause if I show up to Iowa and my NEW "Ole Bess" has more that 7000 miles on it @Granger Ford might have to have a polite but firm discussion on the PDI policy.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup very easy to over look. There isn't SALES tax on USED vehicles. ANY NEW vehicle gets this tax.

https://www.suburbanford.net/vehicle-taxes.html#:~:text=Oregon Vehicle Privilege Tax&text=The vehicle privilege tax is,of any new taxable vehicles.

Tricky buggars... I know this for a FACT. Bought a rig in 2018 brand new 3miles from house w/ only 88 miles and got hit with it. It is acutally called a Privlege tax if you buy in state. Or a vechicle use tax if you buy it out of state.

No way we are getting out of this tax with the Bronco...cause if I show up to Iowa and my NEW "Ole Bess" has more that 7000 miles on it @Granger Ford might have to have a polite but firm discussion on the PDI policy.
Good to know, I also found it at https://www.oregon.gov/dor/programs/businesses/Pages/Vehicle-privilege-and-use-taxes.aspx

My example is for a $50K new vehicle purchase, .5% will be $250, looks like we have to pay whether we buy in state or out.

Thanks again.
Sponsored