Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering abut the cameras. What mode activates the cameras???

BTW: I had/rode a BMW 1150GS for 17yrs. Great bike!
Can’t really say, exactly, since my 12” screen is currently inoperable, but just based on memory, I think Mud & Ruts, Rocks, and maybe Sand? Typically any mode that engages lockers, because you’re going slow. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do change things you can’t change by pushing a button like shift points and aggressiveness too.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t really say, exactly, since my 12” screen is currently inoperable, but just based on memory, I think Mud & Ruts, Rocks, and maybe Sand? Typically any mode that engages lockers, because you’re going slow. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. I have had my Bronco for about a month and have not really taken it anywhere that I would engage one of the modes. And I likely won't do anything extreme but nice to know what i have. Cannot remember from the Off-Roadeo!

Bad Hulk

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to Bronco offrodeo! You will quickly learn how valuable these settings are!

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't even bother with GOAT modes on my Base Sasquatch, because the only off road modes offered are Sand and Slippery. I've tried Eco once or twice, but you don't want that one if you're going up and down hills because it doesn't want to downshift when it needs to. Never bothered with Sport because the mileage is bad enough as is.

So I just switch between 2H, 4A, and 4L as needed. I haven't really found a need for 4H either, and I started another thread to discuss that a few weeks ago. I hit the locker buttons as needed.

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go to Bronco offrodeo! You will quickly learn how valuable these settings are!
I did and I loved it! I did it in May but I just got my Bronco at the end of July. I can't remember! LOL!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think the GOAT modes are gimmicky. I have some recency bias as I got back from the Off-Rodeo a week ago...

Some context:
- I'm a car guy through and through. I love everything about older cars where you have to be involved with the driving experience.
- I've done a lot of track days, autocross events, car control clinics, etc... I will always advocate for technique versus technology.
- I have zero off-roading experience until about 6 months ago, after bringing my Bronco home.

So with that all said, I took the Bronco to an off-road clinic to learn the fundamentals of handling this vehicle off road. I didn't use any of the GOAT modes (it wasn't necessary for the things we were doing).

After taking the Bronco camping (off road) and attending Off-Rodeo, here's what I can say - the modes let you focus on driving versus thinking about what you need to do when you're on a challenging part of the trail.

When doing things manually, I found myself forgetting to push a hero button, or doing something with the transmission. This is definitely my own inexperience but damn it was nice to toggle a mode and focus on going over an obstacle versus spending energy, "Did I disengage the sway bar?".

I fumbled with manually toggling the lockers, engaging 4L or 4H, etc... when I was out with my buddies.

The GOAT modes let me kind of "set it and forget" for some time. And for all intents and purposes, they're just shortcuts to things you'd do when hitting a specific part of the trail.

- If I'm going over high-speed scrub? Baja mode.

- Climbing up/down rocks? Rock-crawl (and may as well get hill-descent while I'm at it).

- Goofing off in the mud? Mud and ruts.
Exactly. I thought they were a gimmick but they do let you get several settings done at once which makes it quicker.

4A is the gimmick. I still have not heard a good use. "Some snow/water on the ground" 2A is fine.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I thought they were a gimmick but they do let you get several settings done at once which makes it quicker.

4A is the gimmick. I still have not heard a good use. "Some snow/water on the ground" 2A is fine.
4a is good if your hard on the skinny pedal in rain. With our torque management it’s not needed through the first 2 gears but can save your ass in a kick down situation grabbing 2nd or 3rd especially if the wheel is not straight.

Normal driving, I see no use for it. Just excess wear and tear. Be lucky to make 40k miles running 4a on dry pavement daily.

Bad Hulk

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did and I loved it! I did it in May but I just got my Bronco at the end of July. I can't remember! LOL!
Got my Bronco a week after you, 6/28 build date. But did Offrodeo last august. Loved the experience, and my Jeep owning daughter went with me and also had a great time and learned a lot about her Jeep!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They also turn on/off cameras and offer specific views. (I miss those, because my APIM is dead, so my 12” screen is inoperable. :cautious:)
😲 Hopefully it's a warranty fix

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I might have said yes before the off-Roadeo. Necessary no but they do engage vehicle systems that you would not have access to in plain 4 low. Just using the trail control Sat we climbed a bunch of rocks smoothly and with limited wheel slip. Then tried some without and it takes more skill without them. They make some of the trail too easy lol.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I’ve never bothered using them. I just manually select 4H/4L or the rear locker when I need it. With the manual transmission you aren’t gaining much from the GOAT modes, maybe you’d benefit from them more if you have the AT.

There was one video I saw a while back with someone from Ford explaining that the GOAT modes are good for less experienced drivers. That way they can select the terrain and the truck figures out the rest for them.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😲 Hopefully it's a warranty fix
I don’t want to derail this thread since this is off-topic, but it’s covered under the factory warranty.

TL;DR — The SYNC 4 APIM is dead. That’s the Accessory Protocol Interface Module that integrates all of the accessories (e.g., cameras, nav, radio, Sirius XM) with the 12” infotainment screen in the middle of the dash. The vehicle history report suggests it may have been bricked by a failed OTA update. :cautious: The main issue is it’s on national backorder, and dealers are typically waiting 2-3 months for the replacement parts to direct-ship from the vendor. Since the part is direct-shipped, and not in Ford’s inventory system, Ford has zero visibility on an ETA. What are you gonna do? At least the vehicle is drivable in the meantime, minus some modern conveniences. 🤷‍♂️

If you have any follow-up questions, please see this other thread for additional details.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gimmick
All it does is tell the computer what you want to do