First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the looks of this! My biggest question on something like this is the wash-ability of it. Will dirt get stuck in the crevices? Will it shred a wash mitt? Looking forward to your report back on the livability of it!
I did almost the whole of my FJ (just not the white roof) in black Raptor Liner. It tended to show our local (high desert) dust but never really got terribly dirty looking (and I never wash my vehicles).
EDIT: http://jackoftools.blogspot.com/2018/12/raptor-lining-whole-vehicle.html
Sponsored

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nicely done, I almost went that way. Instead I did a ceramic coating.. really like what I see turned out great

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I needed to do something with all those mis-matched Grey roof panels. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Paint thing or the Line-x. I finally decided that the time was NOW... and I'm glad to have finally made my choice.

I kinda decided (maybe a poor kinda decision), that I wanted to go with the Line-x Ultra, because it goes on almost like paint, and it can be mixed to within a shade of most paint codes. So, off I go to Line-x of El Cajon (San Diego), as they are the only Certified "Ultra" installer in the San Diego area. After a long discussion with the Sales Manager (Scott), I am advised that the Ultra might not be the finish that I want. He mentions that the finish goes on thin, and it doesn't have a perfect record on some of the most flexible parts, like fender flares... and that the Ultra price would add about $700 extra to the price, in a standard black, plus an additional $350 or so, if it was a color match. He suggested either their Premium or Standard finish! I told him that I don't want my Bronco to look like a truck bed!!!

Well, now I wasn't shure what to do, as the finish texture and color are different on each of these two remaining options: 1) with a Premium finish (and a fine-tip on the spray), the product is not completely smooth, it looks like a knock-down that you might see on drywall and some stucco finishes; however, it dries as a glossy black (it can also be color matched to your paint code); and 2) with a Standard finish (and a fine-tip on the spray), the product has "fine" irregularities (kinda looks like sandpaper); however it dries as a Satin black, maybe a shade darker than the matte finish on the door handles (I've included a door handle in my photos, for your comparison).

Well, this was the first Bronco that they have seen in their shop. I decided to go with the Standard spray, and the finished color is a beautiful Satin Black. The color is a GREAT match to my RTR wheels and the remaining black trim.

I know that you're wanting to know, so here's what I paid, in California dollars: They took it all apart, including 4-roof panels, 4-fender flares, and the four side trim panels that you can see coated in my photos... and they replaced everything, on delivery back to me for $1,700+... he job looks fantastic... my wife and I are both thrilled with how close the match is to our other trim parts... and we can't believe this was so inexpensive to have done.

Now this extra little bit was not actually quoted, but just to help make sense: A Premium finish is about $350 more than the Standard finish... and a color change to Premium is about another $350! The Ultra adds about $400 to the Premium, and a color change to the Ultra adds about another $350. I also received two quotes for Paint, in the color of my choice, to include prep, primer, color, and clear... and both prices were about $2,400 (welcome to California)!!!

If you're anywhere near Southern California, call Line-x of El cajon... ask for Scott!

x-01.jpg

x-02.jpg

x-03.jpg

x-04.jpg

x-05.jpg

x-06.jpg
Looks amazing -- is there any reason you didn't spray they bumpers too?

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks amazing -- is there any reason you didn't spray they bumpers too?
For me, it would'a been too much. I didn't want it to look like all those Jeeps running around, with a 100% coating.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. Looks great.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks really sharp. Will be interested to see how this holds up long term. I'm happy with my MIC so far but could absolutely see doing this as it starts to fade.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

I really like the looks of this! My biggest question on something like this is the wash-ability of it. Will dirt get stuck in the crevices? Will it shred a wash mitt? Looking forward to your report back on the livability of it!
my 12yo Raptor running boards still look good. Since new I've used a soft car brush due to the shape but never had an issue shredding a mitt.
Way easier than keeping my vinyl bed cover clean.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WNewsome

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Indian FTR1200, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I needed to do something with all those mis-matched Grey roof panels. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Paint thing or the Line-x. I finally decided that the time was NOW... and I'm glad to have finally made my choice.

I kinda decided (maybe a poor kinda decision), that I wanted to go with the Line-x Ultra, because it goes on almost like paint, and it can be mixed to within a shade of most paint codes. So, off I go to Line-x of El Cajon (San Diego), as they are the only Certified "Ultra" installer in the San Diego area. After a long discussion with the Sales Manager (Scott), I am advised that the Ultra might not be the finish that I want. He mentions that the finish goes on thin, and it doesn't have a perfect record on some of the most flexible parts, like fender flares... and that the Ultra price would add about $700 extra to the price, in a standard black, plus an additional $350 or so, if it was a color match. He suggested either their Premium or Standard finish! I told him that I don't want my Bronco to look like a truck bed!!!

Well, now I wasn't shure what to do, as the finish texture and color are different on each of these two remaining options: 1) with a Premium finish (and a fine-tip on the spray), the product is not completely smooth, it looks like a knock-down that you might see on drywall and some stucco finishes; however, it dries as a glossy black (it can also be color matched to your paint code); and 2) with a Standard finish (and a fine-tip on the spray), the product has "fine" irregularities (kinda looks like sandpaper); however it dries as a Satin black, maybe a shade darker than the matte finish on the door handles (I've included a door handle in my photos, for your comparison).

Well, this was the first Bronco that they have seen in their shop. I decided to go with the Standard spray, and the finished color is a beautiful Satin Black. The color is a GREAT match to my RTR wheels and the remaining black trim.

I know that you're wanting to know, so here's what I paid, in California dollars: They took it all apart, including 4-roof panels, 4-fender flares, and the four side trim panels that you can see coated in my photos... and they replaced everything, on delivery back to me for $1,700+... he job looks fantastic... my wife and I are both thrilled with how close the match is to our other trim parts... and we can't believe this was so inexpensive to have done.

Now this extra little bit was not actually quoted, but just to help make sense: A Premium finish is about $350 more than the Standard finish... and a color change to Premium is about another $350! The Ultra adds about $400 to the Premium, and a color change to the Ultra adds about another $350. I also received two quotes for Paint, in the color of my choice, to include prep, primer, color, and clear... and both prices were about $2,400 (welcome to California)!!!

If you're anywhere near Southern California, call Line-x of El cajon... ask for Scott!

Ford Bronco Finally... LINE-X ULTRA sprayed MIC top, fender flares, door handles 4017DDAD-7898-4CE8-91EC-61AB6D9CE6F8

Ford Bronco Finally... LINE-X ULTRA sprayed MIC top, fender flares, door handles 4017DDAD-7898-4CE8-91EC-61AB6D9CE6F8

I am trying to decide between the ceramic or this. I’m liking the texture of this the more I look at the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored