Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod can you please move this thread to the Raptor sub forum where it belongs?
Sponsored

Orangeflava

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan 4s, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So am I the only one that absolutely loves how smooth the Bronco drives and shifts in Eco mode? I use it as my normal everyday mode and find that ā€œnormalā€ mode actually gets on my nerves for being too sensitive. When I want to pass someone or get crazy off road itā€™s just an easy switch up to sport mode. This 10 speed auto trans in Eco mode is the smoothest shifting vehicle Iā€™ve owned.
2021 badlands non-SAS, 2.3 on lightweight 35ā€™s and I get 19 mpg in sport mode. No need for eco šŸ˜€. Eco gave me worst mileage than normal. Iā€™m all highway miles (60 round trip).
5C51EA8C-86A9-4185-A026-E900B0AE0B22.jpeg

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have not tried ECO or Sport mode in mine. In my previous 2018 VW GTI I tried ECO mode on my work commute a couple of days. The MPG was worse than regular mode so since then I have never been motivated to try ECO mode in any other vehicle. I don't dare try sport mode- don't want it to burn any more gas than it already does. It moves out plenty fast for me in just regular driving mode, no complaints.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have 25k on my Wildtrak. Eco mode on the highway =worse mileage. ECO mode in town/city=slightly better mileage.
Interesting as I have found the opposite. If cruising at highway speeds, I can dial it to ECO mode which will lower the RPMs (slightly). But around town, it gets worse MPG than NORMAL mode. I have actually found that SPORT mode around town yields the best MPG using gentle/conservative modulation on the accelerator.

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m with OP on this one. I stay in eco mode around town and mpg goes through the roof. Mine is 100% mental though, when we go to sport mode for the interstate itā€™s way too easy to accidentally hit 100mph

Reactions: JTM

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think those of you that get worse mileage with ECO are laying into the pedal more because of the less lively map that ECO is. It feels a little more sluggish so youā€™re stepping on it more.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sometimes, late at night, I like to turn on the calm screen AND Eco mode and go for short, swift drives.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 badlands non-SAS, 2.3 on lightweight 35ā€™s and I get 19 mpg in sport mode. No need for eco šŸ˜€. Eco gave me worst mileage than normal. Iā€™m all highway miles (60 round trip).
Ford Bronco ECO mode is awesome! 5C51EA8C-86A9-4185-A026-E900B0AE0B22
I'd be lucky to get 19mpg on the highway if I was on a flatbed.

If I include a 120 mile trip on the highway in a tank of fuel, I get around 15 mpg. (Calculated from actual mileage and fuel consumption numbers, not from the optimistic dash display)

Also a 2021 Badlands "non-sas" 2.3L but on stock 33's with stick shift.

I tried eco mode and didn't find it made any difference at all, maybe due to not having the automatic.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So am I the only one that absolutely loves how smooth the Bronco drives and shifts in Eco mode? I use it as my normal everyday mode and find that ā€œnormalā€ mode actually gets on my nerves for being too sensitive. When I want to pass someone or get crazy off road itā€™s just an easy switch up to sport mode. This 10 speed auto trans in Eco mode is the smoothest shifting vehicle Iā€™ve owned.
So you don't drive on any hills or in traffic and need quicker response time to keep from getting rear ended or side swiped? Good on ya,lol

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Eco mode is wonky. Can't figure out what gear it wants to be in, and honestly don't think it saves any MPG.
That's just me though.
2.7 OBX 2Dr non-sas
Eco mode wonā€™t and isnā€™t designed to improve mpg.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thereā€™s already a ā€œcalmā€ screen in the Bronco and I think thatā€™s dumb AF as it is.

Maybe they should re-name Eco mode to Sport mode as a marketing gimmick.
You have just summarized what is currently wrong with our western civilization, and probably did not even mean to.

Eco mode wonā€™t and isnā€™t designed to improve mpg.
I have no idea what you are saying. Eco = economy mode

Many modern cars have an eco mode setting to improve the vehicle's fuel economy. While it's on, the engine reduces its power output, so it doesn't work as hard, and the gas pedals become less responsive. The reduction in power leads the car to accelerate more slowly. retrieved from What Is Eco Mode, and Should You Use It? | Progressive

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did a very unscientific comparison of each mode. Did my everyday normal driving in Eco, Normal, and Sport for a full tank each. Eco mode was 0.1 mpg better than Normal and Sport was 0.1 mpg worse than Normal. So I just leave it in normal unless I'm feeling frisky. :D

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hear what you're saying. For me in normal, it seems like shifting around gears can get a little choppy, especially when starting and stopping at low speeds. Eco mode seems to shift around smoother.
Sponsored

Reactions: JTM