First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone start off in eco mode to keep off the boost until the engine warms? I've been doing this a few days and it seems to heat up the oil faster and then I switch back to normal or sport before hitting the freeway. Not sure how much it can affect longevity but I always tried to keep off the turbo until the oil is at operating temps, the eco mode just makes it easier. Drives like a slug though.
Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The shutter is automatic. It closes when the car is warming up. Opens at operating temp. Just drive normally in Normal mode.

Start the car in Normal mode or Sports mode and go outside check it out. It is closed.

Take it easy and keep it below 4k rpm then you are good.
Using Eco is not really needed unless you really really really want to baby the car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Boost will heat the oil/engine faster, but I would not introduce high boost on a cold motor. Let it get to operating temp.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's the exhaust column about?
Probably fake “engine noise enhancement” like on the Bronco Sport - there was rumor about a resonator though - idk if it actually went on or not

OP
OP
e34john

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably fake “engine noise enhancement” like on the Bronco Sport - there was rumor about a resonator though - idk if it actually went on or not
My Focus ST had a sound symposer. Almost as dumb as the electric cars with "exhaust noise"

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I assume that "Wet" is "Slippery", because my 2022 BD doesn't have wet!?
Yeah - I think they just threw the chart together and figured it would make sense. Mine is also Slippery, and Sand is Sand/Snow - but I think I can kinda figure out what they are getting at.

I shamelessly stole this chart from an old post around here somewhere, so I can't take credit for it's creation or original posting. I don't have a link to that post right off hand, I had saved the graphic so I would know for my own knowledge.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah - I think they just threw the chart together and figured it would make sense. Mine is also Slippery, and Sand is Sand/Snow - but I think I can kinda figure out what they are getting at.

I shamelessly stole this chart from an old post around here somewhere, so I can't take credit for it's creation or original posting. I don't have a link to that post right off hand, I had saved the graphic so I would know for my own knowledge.
Well, it IS ford, so maybe wet=slippery to them (slippery when wet), and thanks for the clarification!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, it IS ford, so maybe wet=slippery to them (slippery when wet), and thanks for the clarification!
True - I know it threw me for a loop seeing Slippery, then seeing Sand/Snow thrown together. I think it's different on the Bronco Sport - where "Slippery" is a picture of a snowflake, and Sand is just Sand.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True - I know it threw me for a loop seeing Slippery, then seeing Sand/Snow thrown together. I think it's different on the Bronco Sport - where "Slippery" is a picture of a snowflake, and Sand is just Sand.
If ford thinks that driving in snow is the same as driving in sand (I guess there are some similarities) that explains a lot about ford!
Sponsored