First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like it. 2-door 2.7 so around town, Normal is too jumpy. Doesn't help that I'm constantly switching between vehicles so my muscle memory is a bit off.

Eco is great for just casual cruising around the city. Still has plenty of get up and go when you need to make a maneuver. Whether or not it actually saves fuel means nothing to me, I just like the sedate feel when I'm going on a comfort drive

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve never seen any mileage advantage in eco mode. Have tried it many times on long trips and never helps. Maybe it works better with thr V6, but seems like a complete waste on the 2.3L.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even the Prius manual tells you to accelerate briskly to get to your cruising speed. All cars, whether a Bronco, BMW, or Prius will get abysmal MPG when under load starting out, 2-5mpg usually. You need to get out of that band ASAP. This is why city mileage is usually so low, the stops and starts combined with the lower average speed put a whooping on MPG.

I'd say the best of both worlds would be to get to speed in sport and cruise in normal or eco but that's too much of a PITA.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve never seen any mileage advantage in eco mode. Have tried it many times on long trips and never helps. Maybe it works better with thr V6, but seems like a complete waste on the 2.3L.
Agreed.

I still haven't seen a list of what the "ECO" mode changes either.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So am I the only one that absolutely loves how smooth the Bronco drives and shifts in Eco mode? I use it as my normal everyday mode and find that “normal” mode actually gets on my nerves for being too sensitive. When I want to pass someone or get crazy off road it’s just an easy switch up to sport mode. This 10 speed auto trans in Eco mode is the smoothest shifting vehicle I’ve owned.
I actually like it on my 7MT, it definitely smooths out the clutch release and the gas is less sensitive.

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
An “ECHO” mode would be pretty cool. pretty cool. pretty cool.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 7Mt and hace tried eco, sport and normal and find normal works well for darn near everything. Eco takes the fun out of driving, and didn't save me any fuel, and sport is fun but don't need to drive that way all the time. Seems to me the boost is the main factor. In eco it grudgingly meters out reduced boost where in sport it boosts willingly. Even more willlingly if you gas it up with premium, at which time you wonder why people needed a 2.7. A 2.7 in sport with premium must be a hoot!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like eco mode as well. Shifts smoother and seems to keep you at a lower boost than normal (at least in city driving) which is the largest contributor to bad gas mileage.
Sponsored