Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are overthinking things. Just leave it in Normal.
Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why not just give it a few minutes to warm up at idle before you take off ?
Then just drive it a little easy for the first few miles in normal mode. They really do warm up pretty fast, just not instantly.
It's a method that has worked well for me over the years with a lot of vehicles

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do usually wait for the idle rpm to drop, which is about the same amount of time it takes carsync to load up. And then take it easy until I see the oil temp come up, which is usually just a few miles down the road

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Overthinking. Leave it in normal.

If I wanted less boost, I would use Sport, due the shift points.

Assuming I was cursed with an automatic transmission of course. Since I row my own gears, I haven't touched the dial in over a year.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

From Fords web site:

The Modes include*:

• Eco – For efficient driving. This mode helps deliver maximum fuel efficiency and helps to increase driving range.
  • Sport – For sporty driving with improved performance handling and response. This mode increases accelerator pedal response and provides a sportier steering feel. The powertrain system holds onto lower gears longer, helping the vehicle accelerate faster.
  • Normal – For everyday driving. This mode is a balance of excitement, comfort and convenience. This is the default mode after each ignition cycle.
  • Mud/Ruts (available) – For off-road driving. This mode enhances vehicle performance to traverse muddy, rutted or uneven terrains. Mud/ruts mode engages the four-wheel drive lock.
  • Slippery – For less than ideal road conditions, such as snow or ice-covered roads. This mode can be used for crossing terrain where a firm surface is covered with loose, wet or slippery material. Slippery mode lowers throttle response and optimizes shifting for slippery surfaces.
  • Sand/Snow – Sand mode is for off-road driving on soft, dry sand or deep snow. Sand mode engages the four-wheel drive lock.
  • Rock Crawl (available) – For optimum rock-climbing ability. Rock crawl mode engages the four-wheel drive lock and the rear differential lock feature. It also activates the front trail camera at slow speeds.
  • Baja (available)** – On Bronco Badlands,™ Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, it optimizes suspension and other systems for improved performance on loose terrain and sand. (Baja mode is not available on Bronco Sport).
*While all eight modes (up to seven in a series) are available on Bronco trims, with Sport featuring five of the seven — Sand, Slippery, Sport, Eco and Normal as standard — Ford Bronco Sport Badlands offers an additional two modes: Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl, bringing its total to seven G.O.A.T. Modes. **Baja mode replaces Sport mode on Bronco, bringing the total to seven G.O.A.T. Modes.

Sponsored