KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive the black diamond, hardtop, tow, sas and love it. My opinion is the Black Diamond is the most underrated package produced for the price. But we all know the "opinions are like ....." everybody has one.
October 1, 2020 reservation here with the same order. Took off hard top. Still no bronco. But I'm in Granger Purgatory.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very valid point if you want the gearing and the other things sas pkg has its cheaper to get SAS then add that stuff after market. I dont know if you could add the 4 auto at all though.
Apologies for my poorly worded reply, Sas is a bargain. I chose the Sasquatch package (Base) over vinyl flooring (BD), both my wants were going to cost me roughly the same money. I believe I may add the BD flooring this summer, should cost about a grand.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In this case, probably those requirements are AT, heated seats and maybe rear locker. Vinyl flooring is a plus … so the more I look, the more the Black Diamond (with mid pkg)seems to make sense.
This is an enthusiast oriented forum, so... we all ordered Stick-shifts. ;-)

But, if she wants an automatic for some reason, either Big Bend (cloth) and add the rear locker and mid, or Black Diamond (Vinyl) and add the Mid.

Black Diamond Tires are much better than the Big Bend tires, but will be a lot louder.

My 2-door Base model is louder than our old expedition, but quieter than my convertible Mustang.

Suposedly the 4-doors are a lot louder, which makes sense given more top seams.

Edit to add: I would have ordered the Black Diamond, but I couldn't get cloth seats on that trim, so went down to Base. I refuse to put up with either Vinyl or Leather in Phoenix.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apologies for my poorly worded reply, Sas is a bargain. I chose the Sasquatch package (Base) over vinyl flooring (BD), both my wants were going to cost me roughly the same money. I believe I may add the BD flooring this summer, should cost about a grand.
yea I been pricing it out also its more like 1500 sadly and I haven't figured out the "insulation" part yet. Seems like a decent effort. I did find really high walled floor matts that cover all of the carpet in the front. https://www.tuxmat.com/ theres actually a video on here and youtube on them.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
October 1, 2020 reservation here with the same order. Took off hard top. Still no bronco. But I'm in Granger Purgatory.
Yeah, Granger has a solid team over there and definitely got the shaft from ford. Feel for you guys

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We went with a 2dr OBX non-SAS mid package. Cloth seats, locker, roof rack. 44k out the door. 2 year wait . This is for the wife, traded in her ES 350. She absolutely loves it. Downside, not much room for stuff, but back seats are surprisingly comfy. Our off roading is 99% sand, so no need for much upfitting with options. Over 60 there’s some noise, at 80 on the interstate it’s pretty loud. Build quality is TBD but no issues in 6k. Make sure she drives a 2dr before you commit, it’s a blast to drive IMO but not everyone may agree…..
Ford Bronco Prospective Buyer looking for input. 3FDFBBD6-226B-4FA9-982F-CEE4E8ABCD60

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you really off road 5 times last year ? Are you really gonna dump your 75K bronco in a mud pit and do you understand that people who offroad normally have rigs built from 20 year old trucks or something that is ok to break and abuse.

Wanna drive over rocks, any Bronco even the top model is going to need about 50K added in equipment. Any stock Bronco in a mud pit is a bad idea again 50K worth of upgrades and you are ready to mud pit race.

Any perspective buyer should know Ford is currently an active dumpster fire.
Damn Bro ..... chillax a little.

I currently drive a 2011 rusted out Ford Focus. How many times do you guess I went off road last year....:rolleyes:

I also never said anything about spending 75K or dumping a Bronco in a mud pit or rock climbing. Also based on your estimation it cost about$90,000 to $125,000 bucks to properly off road a Bronco. I don't know if you are figuring that in Peso's but that sounds a tad high to me. You could get a Badlands and a Defender for that investment.

What I wouldn't mind doing is hitting some local easy trails that I have done with my friends in their Jeeps and trucks that was loads of fun. I also have some bull dozer/logging trails on my uncles hunting property that were too much form my old 4x4 Ranger but would probably be fine for a Wildtrack or Badlands without the apparently 50K in required upgrades to make it a viable candidate for proper off road use.

Also my dealer has always looked out for me .... this will be my 9th Ford and I have bought several of those from him. He has an unclaimed 2 door Wildtrack that has a VIN and a build date scheduled. I have a sales contract and can opt out at minimal risk.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all, hoping to engage in some general conversation as I work through deciding how serious my family is about adding a 2D 6G Bronco to the garage in the next 6-12 months. I’ve found that enthusiast forums are a great place to collect information that otherwise is scattered across the web. I also know the frustration of answering the same questions on a daily basis, so I ask your patience.

As background, I typically order through a local long time dealer, but not opposed to taking from inventory. My last Ford, a 2021, was around 4 months from order to delivery day, not bad. And that’s the first question:

I know the Bronco has been plagued by both production and delivery delays, along with much of the industry. Do we see this changing materially in the next 6-12 months? Anecdotal evidence suggest there may be more Bronco inventory on the lots. We know sales have slowed across the industry, is that coming to the Bronco?

Second question: This would partially serve as the wife’s daily driver. She drives a truck now, and is not fragile, but how are real world creature comforts, specifically noise and climate?

Lastly, if you will indulge, I will have follow up questions based on the myriad of trims this thing is offered in. As a rule, I trend toward base or the lowest trim that can accommodate our requirements. This is one reason I like to go through the order bank. In this case, probably those requirements are AT, heated seats and maybe rear locker. Vinyl flooring is a plus … so the more I look, the more the Black Diamond (with mid pkg)seems to make sense.

Happy to get any feedback on the above and thanks for your time.
I have a 2021 Base with the hard top and the V6 I've had it for over a year. It is my daily driver wouldn't trade it for anything, have taken it on long trips with no problems, me and my wife find it really comfortable for the type of vehicle it is. Your wife would really enjoy it as a daily driver.

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are not seeming to understand. I purchase billstien 5100 shocks (which are adjustable and far superior to factory options (even with a fake reservoir). A certified mechanic installed in 1.5 hours. The shocks we 650 including tax and 2 hours labor.

Katskin offers dealers and installers in every city in the untied states and millions of people are opting for their interiors. You also could for the 2400 price cover the console lid, shift boot and door cards.

If you take a picture of these things any standard insurance company likle State Farm will cover them in the event you have a claim. I actually work in the insurance industry so ask me how I know.

Not sure what happened in your accident but hopefully you have healed up well.

LMAO. dealer. NOPE.
realist.
no one is going to swap shocks at a salvage lot, and no one is going to swap seat covers and 99% of people will not add additional insurance for aftermarket accessories. BUT whoever ‘loses’ will absolutely get online and whine how insurance ‘screwed you’

i have mods on mine, and havent added insurance coverage but im well aware i lose it all. I can and actually did do all the work to mine. Still there is something to be said for it all being on the build sheet.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy now children, according to the forum gods you should not post if you do not agree. Apparently opinions on a public forum are not welcomed if they don’t agree with or help with the OP in any given thread. We have a Hurtfeelioma pandemic running wild.
Maybe, just maybe, don't be rude to forum members, learn some common courtesy, and treat others with respect.
If you come into a thread flaming anyone simply asking questions and looking for input, you're the problem. Save the complaining for people who care. Another of your posts complains about "13 pages of absolute nonsense", which added exactly what to the conversation? You complain about people posting too often, or things that don't contribute, and then go and do the exact thing you complained about. Get over it, it's a forum, people are going to ask questions you've seen a hundred times because unlike yourself, they're not on here every day, they're not familiar with the search feature, they're not "forum gods".
It's unfortunate that your feelings were so hurt by the mods deleting your posts. Sorry that happened to you, and I hope the healing process is quick.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond is arguably the best Bronco trim there is and if I could have gotten High Package with it I wouldn't have bought a Badlands. MGV seating smokes the leather as far as comfort and I think it actually looks better as well.

Secondly, if you want one within the next year youre going to have to buy off the lot and expect $5k+ adm if not more for a 2 door.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond is arguably the best Bronco trim there is and if I could have gotten High Package with it I wouldn't have bought a Badlands. MGV seating smokes the leather as far as comfort and I think it actually looks better as well.

Secondly, if you want one within the next year youre going to have to buy off the lot and expect $5k+ adm if not more for a 2 door.
Black Diamond is pretty sweet, agreed. MGV is nice if you want washout flooring, and don't mind them in the hot sun. I think @trickydick has a fix for the hot seats though ;)

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure this will get deleted because it’s empty content to a truth in reality.
When you know your post will likely get deleted because of the way you are, why make it?
You already know how you act online, you're not encouraging people to stay, and instead are being critical of the way they act on a forum.

Perhaps you could try pointing them in the right direction, instead of just telling people they're doing it wrong.

Crappy response: "This is a stupid post, lots of people have upgraded their stereo, why are you asking what a stereo upgrade might cost?! GOOGLE IT!"

Better response: "Check out this thread here where others have discussed this previously, and have examples of their costs and products they were able to obtain. I used the search function, and put in "B&O Upgrades" with Titles Only selected. Good luck on your upgrades!"

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If heated seats are a must have, I'd get the minimum trim they're available on....

First, continue to ask questions here. A caution too....you will read negatives. They exist with every vehicle, but, IMO...they are amplified in forums like this. I chose the Black Diamond. Some have called it the "sweet spot" of trims. It has great offroad capabilities yet is great for the highway.
I was one of the early reservation holders. My 2 door Black Diamond came to me 2 years to the day from reservation. Right now they have 37,000 back orders to get through and have delayed allowing new 2023 orders....they probably have enough to go into MY2024. Know that if you order, it could be 12-20 months before you get it. Also, if you order, ORDER IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT AND THEN WAIT. Some have tried to play the game of dropping features that are in high demand hoping to get theirs sooner. For some it happened, others saw no difference. Order it the way you want it. If you order it, get everything in writing, EVERYTHING and signed by you and the sales manager/owner. Have it totally clear what the final price will be. Those that got screwed from a "bad" dealer also did not have a clear written contract when they ordered. Signing the order sheet is not enough.
If you want it off a lot, (to get one quicker), then look around and find what you want. Hopefully find a dealer that is selling at MSRP or no more than $5K over. I would also try to find a 2022 model, with a Gen2 top if you are going for a hardtop. The newer the better as to avoid some of the (few) recall issues.
Mine is a 2022. I avoided all the recalls. I have no issues with mine, none and I love it.
There is a lot of knowledge here and you will find this page very helpful. CAUTION; when you get yours, hide all your modification receipts from your wife!
Some photos of mine:
Ford Bronco Prospective Buyer looking for input. 3FDFBBD6-226B-4FA9-982F-CEE4E8ABCD60
Off topic, but how do you like the Coopers? Coopers are my go to for replacement normally, so I'm curious how they are on the Bronco...

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was a July 2020 reservation...finally got it 12.23.22. WT 2dr high no tow. I absolutely love it. It's my daily driver. Gas mileage terrible, but didn't buy it for that. Very comfortable for me 6'4 at 200. Lots of room seat not even all way back. Some wind noise but acceptable being a removable top.

You'll have better luck buying off a lot. Ordering process won't be changing anytime soon. With new constraints all.dealrs will be over MSRP and it will keep going especially when all the vehicles on lots get grabbed because of this new constraint. All IMO though.
REACH OUT ANYTIME WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHOLE PROCESS
Here's mine

20230127_131808.jpg

Screenshot_20230119_220853_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored