First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a hard top guy. It will be very rare my bronco top comes off. Then again. The “targa” top comes off so easy that could be common practice in the evenings.

but in line with this thread. The main reason I bought it was because it was available with a manual.
Different strokes for Different folks, right?

Still, at least we're on the same page with our taste in cars, and on the same team. As you stated, I'm only here 'cause it's Manual, otherwise I'd be elsewhere
Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After my dealership said they don’t have allocations for my order without dropping constraints, I looked for other dealerships that had broncos in stock. Found that most dealerships were selling manuals at very little ADM or MSRP since demand for them are just much lower.

Losing remote start is a big deal for me during winter because cleaning snow/ice off my windshield takes so much extra time.

I found a badlands hardtop that I want to buy but it doesn’t have SAS. Im afraid how much concentration it will take to drive on hills and I’m hoping the dealer gives me extensive time with the vehicle.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I love standard shifting. The ease of the auto in the woods, for me is so much nicer than clutch foot.

I’d get a sports car in a stick though.

plus the 10 speed shifts like butter
Yes a Million times. My wife has an AUtomatic Bronco and it just doesn't feel right.

And I do most of my driving in the woods, no clutch foot. Crawler gear is amazing. if I really need to go slow i put it in 4 low and barely need to use the clutch.

Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Count me in the "if it's not manual I don't want it" camp. If the Bronco didn't offer a manual I wouldn't have bought one, period.

This doesn't just apply to the Bronco, by the way. I think that now is the time to buy cars that I won't be able to buy in the future. Everyone talks about EVs and hybrids. No thank you, I have the rest of my life to get those (and they'll improve and get cheaper while I wait). I'm going in the other direction. Get the big V8 with a manual (preferably a Tremec) while you can!

I had a 2020 Raptor and drove the 10 speed at Off Rodeo. I was impressed with the automatic for rock crawling at Off Rodeo, it was like cheating compared to the manual rigs I’ve crawled in the past. I could live with the automatic if there was no manual option, what I couldn’t live with would be a 4 door.
I got to try a manual at the Off-Roadeo and I thought that the Crawler gear in the manual was like cheating, too. No issues whatsoever off-roading in the manual.

Like Rob above, the only reason I bought the bronco is because of the manual option. Probably one of the last big vehicle manuals you’ll ever be able to buy. And it’s a slick little shifter. Way better than the bowl-of-pudding on the Jeep’s.

Get the manual. That and the soft tip make this thing fun. Crawler gear going up a hill of loose garbage will make you wonder why you even posted this.
Comparing against the Wrangler isn't saying much. Let's not get carried away. The Bronco MT is average at best. Still worth it, in my opinion, but there is nothing special about it.

TSGibbs

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Colorado, GSXR 750, Scott Genius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
14,000 miles. MT. Yes we have the grinding. Waiting on parts for a rebuild. The grinding does not seem to be affecting the transmission or performance in any way. But sure can't wait to get the grinding gone. Dealer fixing the transmission has a manual with grinding also. Dealership plans to guinea pig with dealers tranny rebuild before they get to mine.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the option to buy a badlands with the 7 speed. Question is, with all the problems people are having with the manual trans, do I get it or keep looking for an auto? How wide spread is the issue?
Yes because real vehicles don't shift themselves.
Seriously it is a nice transmission and is a little more fun to drive

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No argument from me on scarcity. Buy your V8s and manuals today.
Amen to that, that's what I did. Might buy another, who knows. 15 years from now people will wish they had bought some of these vehicles when they had the chance.

I’d really like a 6-speed V8 to keep forever before they likely go extinct in the near future. The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing wing with its 668 hp and 659 pound-feet of torque is likely to find a spot in my garage as my daily driver in the next year or two. My wife won’t understand but I don’t get her clothes/jewelry/handbag thing after 30 years together. :)

DC8B2161-4B5B-4569-9B58-9D7B557B84EC.jpeg
Do it. You will not regret it. It's an amazing car.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/post-your-broncos-garage-mates.66434/post-1816071

The new Mustang might also be an option, but get one of the high end versions with the Tremec if you can. Totally worth it.

Sponsored

ken101lee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150 V8 (5-spd), 2013 Audi S4 (6-spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and no noise here.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine makes noise on cold mornings until I get into 3rd gear and drive a couple of blocks.
My 2010 Ranger MT did the same thing until I installed Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF at about 25K miles.
I suspect this is an el-cheapo fluid fill problem, just like "Ford Synthetic Blend 5-30w".
Put some synthetic fluids in all the orifi on your $50K+ veehickle!!!

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my manual. I don't think it would be as much fun without it.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
MT for sure, unfortunately the purchasing dept(wife) said no way, now we have a 2 door AT and I'm missing the MT daily!!!

We bought a 22' MT Tacoma last year and after she drove it for a bit in traffic I had to switch my build from MT to AT.

They both have perks but I grew up on MT's so I'm missing it BAD.

MtnBronc

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just crossed 10k miles in my 4dr MT badlands after 11 months of ownership, and I love the MT. Like others, it was a big reason I bought the Bronco.

No noise. 7000 miles at almost a year. I wouldn’t have gotten a Bronco, unless it was manual shift. But I’m very old school.

If your buying decisions are based on what might go wrong, you should probably be buying a Toyota and not a Ford.
Buddy of mine has a MT Tacoma, has a very similar noise as people have with their MT Broncos. He had the thowout bearing replaced twice under warranty with the noise returning each time. Toyota won't do anything else at this point and he just lives with the noise hoping the aftermarket comes up with a solution.
Sponsored