Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
Why is no one talking about the different ride heights seen in these photos? Unless these are pictures of two different vehicles, this thing has air ride which would explain the covering up of the ‘coil spring’ on previous leaks.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is no one talking about the different ride heights seen in these photos? Unless these are pictures of two different vehicles, this thing has air ride which would explain the covering up of the ‘coil spring’ on previous leaks.
because that could be due to just body roll, accel, and braking.

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
because that could be due to just body roll, accel, and braking.
you may be right but look at where the running board lines up with wheel center line in these two pics. By my eyes there’s a clear difference in ride heights that couldn’t be justified by brake dive, etc.

F7E40BDA-CBF1-4C9E-AFBA-D6FB3CF6464F.jpeg

1E959E02-81AB-4B0B-969C-F78620853946.jpeg

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely interested to see what the next 4Runner looks like.
If it's happening in 2021, we'll likely see it first. Toyota usually unveils in February. At least they have for the last few years.
Sorry to go out topic everyone but I want to answer this:

The 4Runner is not being redesigned that soon. Currently from what I've been told by people I know who work for Toyota in both Texas (DFW & SA) and in Ann Arbor, that vehicle is some 3 years out.

Launch of the redesigned Land Cruiser and Tundra are first priority in 2021, followed by Sequoia in 2022.

Between the Tacoma and Hilux, versus the Prado/4Runner/Fortuner SUVs, it is either or between August 2022 and April 2024 in terms of launch dates of redesigns.

The Tacoma benefited from a heavily evolutionary redo in September 2015, but some components were carryover from 2011-2015 iteration of the 2004-2015 2nd generation production run. It is officially mid-cycle per Toyota, stating next set of major improvements are a ground up redesign.

The last Tacoma EOP date I saw in a industry manufacting database, was June 30, 2022. I imagine that got shifted back because of Tundra & Land Cruiser delays creating a domino effect.

The N280 4Runner however dates back to 2009, which itself was a heavy revision of the 120-Series architecture (ie N210 4Runner) launched in October 2002. The new TNGA-F architecture will be the basis for everything body on frame at Toyota.

A retro FJ40 reboot with removable roof has been reviewed, but I don't know if it was formally approved. They are probably waiting on Ford or studying market forces.

The next Land Cruiser will be less luxury focused, more off-road oriented. No 3rd row. And no, it will still be sold in the USA despite rumors. This comes from very informed Toyota sources, but none in executive management.

2023 Sequoia will stay true to its wsspurpose, taking after the next generation truck and move to its new frame, competing with the new 2022 Expedition.

I apologize for going off topic.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These two photos clearly show the two different ride heights. And I don’t think we’re looking at two separate vehicles.

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1E959E02-81AB-4B0B-969C-F78620853946

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1E959E02-81AB-4B0B-969C-F78620853946
Could be braking

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The 4Runner is not being redesigned that soon. Currently from what I've been told by people I know who work for Toyota in both Texas (DFW & SA) and in Ann Arbor, that vehicle is some 3 years out.

Launch of the redesigned Land Cruiser and Tundra are first priority in 2021, followed by Sequoia in 2022.

Between the Tacoma and Hilux, versus the Prado/4Runner/Fortuner SUVs, it is either or between August 2022 and April 2024 in terms of launch dates of redesigns.

The Tacoma benefited from a heavily evolutionary redo in September 2015, but some components were carryover from 2011-2015 iteration of the 2004-2015 2nd generation production run. It is officially mid-cycle per Toyota, stating next set of major improvements are a ground up redesign.

The last Tacoma EOP date I saw in a industry manufacting database, was June 30, 2022. I imagine that got shifted back because of Tundra & Land Cruiser delays creating a domino effect.

The N280 4Runner however dates back to 2009, which itself was a heavy revision of the 120-Series architecture (ie N210 4Runner) launched in October 2002. The new TNGA-F architecture will be the basis for everything body on frame at Toyota.

A retro FJ40 reboot with removable roof has been reviewed, but I don't know if it was formally approved. They are probably waiting on Ford or studying market forces.

The next Land Cruiser will be less luxury focused, more off-road oriented. No 3rd row. And no, it will still be sold in the USA despite rumors. This comes from very informed Toyota sources, but none in executive management.

2023 Sequoia will stay true to its wsspurpose, taking after the next generation truck and move to its new frame, competing with the new 2022 Expedition.

Right on. Thanks @Carmaker1

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good.

So a FJ40 reboot huh?
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! maxresdefault (1)

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
Could be braking
Check out the two pics I posted in post #214. Now draw a straight line from the bottom of the running board to wheel center front and back. The difference is drastic. In my opinion too much to be brake dive. But judge for yourself.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out the two pics I posted in post #214. Now draw a straight line from the bottom of the running board to wheel center front and back. The difference is drastic. In my opinion too much to be brake dive. But judge for yourself.
I'll double check it
Sponsored