Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the top end engine would be "really top end" if you get my drift with some extras to it...alluded to my hints, if you know what I'm saying. I'm suprised I haven't heard anything about a mid range option and you'd think it would default to the 2.7L, since that would be most likely used in the next gen Ranger also. I wanted a hybrid 2.7L myself, but I don't want the banknote that a top end Bronco is gonna have.
A hybrid version REALLY interests me. Is Ford still working on that option or did they scrap it?
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

3.0 EB in the 'raptor' version? i dont think anyone is expecting that...
Think higher then that, but your on the right path with all the hints laid out....trust me from what I've heard the Bronco is going to shock some people out there.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A hybrid version REALLY interests me. Is Ford still working on that option or did they scrap it?
Still happening and ties into my hints...

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I really hope this doesn’t mean what I think it does... if I have to shell out more than $45k just to have an engine that ISN’T the 2.3, I’m out. I like it so far, but not enough to spend as much on it asI spent on my Mustang
what if it was a 2.3 + an electric motor in the plug in hybrid version? would likely be 300+ total combined hp. if it happened.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Final hint

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! hint

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"With 494 horsepower and 630 lb-ft of torque, and all of the power and torque coming from a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 with a hybrid system, the Aviator Hybrid's output "

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still happening and ties into my hints...
YASSSSSS thank you!

now I think the odds are slim, but if there were a hybrid power train WITH the “raptor” package or equivalent we would really be cooking with hot grease! That’s the version I would get haha

edit: wait I may be dumb as hell ad that may be exactly what you’re saying?!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

what if it was a 2.3 + an electric motor in the plug in hybrid version? would likely be 300+ total combined hp. if it happened.
As it stands now, Ford doesn't have a RWD 2.3L EB Hybrid.

The 2021 F-series is supposed to get a V8 Hybrid-which is also supposed to find its way into the Mustang.

The Explorer has a n/a 3.3L V6 Hybrid

The Aviator has a 3.0L EB Hybrid

The RWD Hybrid setup is built into the transmission, helping with packaging and towing, but isn't a huge improvement gas mileage wise.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

now I think the odds are slim, but if there were a hybrid power train WITH the “raptor” package or equivalent we would really be cooking with hot grease! That’s the version I would get haha
You better get your self a fire extinguisher so your house doesn't burn down and I hope your tax bracket can afford it since it won't be cheap.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You better get your self a fire extinguisher so your house doesn't burn down and I hope your tax bracket can afford it since it won't be cheap.
You the man!! I know it ain’t gonna be cheap but I been saving my pennies and shopping at dollar tree for just a time as this!! HOLLLA!!!! For me this is the best option with no V8

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You the man!! I know it ain’t gonna be cheap but I been saving my pennies and shopping at dollar tree for just a time as this!! HOLLLA!!!! For me this is the best option with no V8
the 3.0 EB hybrid aviator STARTS at just under 70k. it would break the internet if the bronco got that engine, but if it does, it would probably start 55-60k. yikes

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As for powertrain rumors-I've heard two different engines-One that is going to require "Aviator" style pay to be able to afford in the top end product (please read between the lines on this) and the 2.3L. I haven't heard anything as a mid range engine....
I'm going to read 'aviator' as A V8 or... I like that option better than some other "interpretation"
Sponsored