First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I installed a Total Chaos long travel on a friend's Tacoma the directions specifically stated to swap the left/right tie rods as to allow more clearance needed for the kit. When I first read about this issue in this thread I assumed that was Icon's solution for the coil spring clearance issue they had previously experienced with their coilovers.

If there is no clearance issues with your current wheels then I would just leave them as is.

With the number of units they had pre ordered alone I'm sure this is going to be a huge headache for Icon.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON please offer these in Bronco raptor widths....just make a new inner 3" longer and you could still use the outers you already make. While your at it get an angle grinders and shave off all the bassackwards L and R marks before more people get dooped.or pissed...I almost bought these this week.
If you would have engineered them with Braptor in mind in the first place, then the design could have been straight (like the BRaptor ones are) straight ones will work for the vast majority of Broncos wheels and don't need the bent section at all. A single outter and 2 different length inners and you'd have both the normal bronco and the Braptor covered.

Also please build the adjustable aluminum UCAs for the Bronco Raptor! with the delta joint pro! ILL SEND YOU A SET OF OEM Braptor UCAs , tie rod too, if you need them to use in design or engineering. If thats whats needed let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I fully agree, I may have to pay another $120 for an alignment... Not very happy about this. Guess I'll check to see if my wheels hit at full lock, if not I can swap them around next time I need an alignment.
Yes please let us know this cuz I'm very curious to know if there's enough room with them angles facing the wrong way ....if that don't hit hit your wheels at full lock, then obviously we could use straight ones instead !

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’ve read most of this and apologize if I’m a little slow but I have a question? If I’m stock SAS, 35’s and no other lift, do I really need to upgrade the tie rods? I’d rather break a rod than damage the rack. I’m about to order the spare kit from Tricky Dick but now wondering if I should upgrade and keep the stock as spares. Also, how does Ford look at warranty issues to the rack with upgraded tie rods? (I can probably guess)
Thx for any info

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I’ve read most of this and apologize if I’m a little slow but I have a question? If I’m stock SAS, 35’s and no other lift, do I really need to upgrade the tie rods? I’d rather break a rod than damage the rack. I’m about to order the spare kit from Tricky Dick but now wondering if I should upgrade and keep the stock as spares. Also, how does Ford look at warranty issues to the rack with upgraded tie rods? (I can probably guess)
Thx for any info
Unless you’re doing some serious off-roading, I don’t think it’s necessary. These will definitely damage the rack if it’s not upgraded long term. With the Hoss 3.0 racks people have been ordering being defective there isn’t a good solution until more companies release upgraded racks. Not sure if the defective racks have been solved yet. Made me pump the breaks on ordering one though

Sponsored

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a set for Spares in Moab next week. No time to install. I’m glad I saw this thread.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tire salesmen will always tell you that you need new tires.. and thus tie rod salesmen will always pounce on a few isolated incidents in extreme conditions and convince the industry they need to spend more money on something they don’t need. It’s not exclusive to the automotive industry but a good example here… coming from someone who wheels a lifted WT on 37’s and stock tie rods (gasp)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thx for any info

For 35s on stock suspension, just get a spare.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes please let us know this cuz I'm very curious to know if there's enough room with them angles facing the wrong way ....if that don't hit hit your wheels at full lock, then obviously we could use straight ones instead !
With stock wheels and 1" wheel spacers you have a mile of room at full lock.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For 35s on stock suspension, just get a spare.
Agreed.

Also Ford’s “35’s” are 315s, not true 35s….but that’s a different conversation. 🤪

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless you’re doing some serious off-roading, I don’t think it’s necessary. These will definitely damage the rack if it’s not upgraded long term. With the Hoss 3.0 racks people have been ordering being defective there isn’t a good solution until more companies release upgraded racks. Not sure if the defective racks have been solved yet. Made me pump the breaks on ordering one though
74 Weld has their upgraded steering rack. Should take care of any issues seen on the stock racks and allow you to run upgraded tie rods.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
74 Weld has their upgraded steering rack. Should take care of any issues seen on the stock racks and allow you to run upgraded tie rods.
Absolutely, the issue with theirs is you have to buy the Hoss 3.0 rack for $1600 and send it to them to use the shell as I understand it and then pay whatever they’re going to charge which I’m assuming will be in the 4-5k range. Not sure I’m willing to spend nearly 7k before install for a upgraded rack from them. I have no doubt it will be a beast and you won’t have to worry about breaking it though.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely, the issue with theirs is you have to buy the Hoss 3.0 rack for $1600 and send it to them to use the shell as I understand it and then pay whatever they’re going to charge which I’m assuming will be in the 4-5k range. Not sure I’m willing to spend nearly 7k before install for a upgraded rack from them. I have no doubt it will be a beast and you won’t have to worry about breaking it though.
Yeah, good point. I heard it'll be around $3500, but if you have to buy the HOSS 3.0 rack first, then it gets quite high.
I would only need to buy their rack as mine already has the HOSS 3.0.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plus needing reprogrammed for the 3.0 steering. I'm waiting for someone like Dorman to make a reasonably priced, plug and play upgrade.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, good point. I heard it'll be around $3500, but if you have to buy the HOSS 3.0 rack first, then it gets quite high.
I would only need to buy their rack as mine already has the HOSS 3.0.
That changes things for sure. My dealership won’t install the Hoss 3.0 rack for me because it didn’t come factory they said. I asked my service tech if he had looked at my bronco, since basically nothing on it is factory. The shop that installed my coil overs will do it but they can’t program it so I’m
Plus needing reprogrammed for the 3.0 steering. I'm waiting for someone like Dorman to make a reasonably priced, plug and play upgrade.
So am I. The programming part is another 2-300 on top of everything else. I have someone from this forum that will program it but shipping on the rack isn’t cheap to get it to me after. Also you have to hope and trust that they will actually send it back to you. Not a cheap item to be trusting and hopeful about.

didn’t mean to hijack this thread
Sponsored