Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The number 2 is half the size of 4 so it would explain the insecurity, move on all you 2’s
4 divided by 2 is 2 so theres that..it all goes back to 2..lol
Sponsored

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
I have a 4 door my wife has a 2 door. The 2 door does “look” better but it is noticeably smaller cargo wise when in use. I’m glad I went with the four door.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha. Same! Family of three. The little guy loves the Bronco.
2 door all day for me.

I have the same thoughts as another on here who said if not a 2 dr Bronco I'd have bought a 2 dr wrangler. If I wanted 4 doors in an overlander I'd get a 4Runner.

IMG_4702.jpeg
Fellow Illinoisan too! Hope to see you out at some of the gatherings this year:cool:

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll reiterate that the 2 door Bronco is much more liveable (especially if you remove at least one seat) than the 2 door Jeep. The size helps, the front seats have plenty of room, and it's damn near as long in the cargo (or feels it) as my 4 door Wrangler. I've pretty much been able to fit what I want back there or on top (get a roof rack from the factory).

Where that size/weight hurts will probably be off road, I'll start testing that soon. I figured a 2 door Badlands SAS will in most instances match or beat a 4 door JL Rubicon stock (33's), obviously it might lose on certain climbs, off-camber where the length helps.

Sponsored

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am happy with my 2-door bronco. Keeping the 4-door rubicon for overlanding trips out west:
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? jeep bronco.JPG

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the 4 door, because my wife and I like to do night overs in campgrounds. With the 4 door, we sleep inside the bronco with the seats folded down (extra nice with the soft top). That said I think the 2 door looks far better, and the seating is more comfortable (if harder to get into). Also, I wanted the bigger gas tank, my wife's jeep has a 16 gal and about the same gas mileage as my bronco. She has to fill up quite often.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No regrets with my 2-door. Rarely is there more than one other person in my Bronco. No pets. Don't tow anything. I've never had a vehicle that generates so much interest from others. Almost daily, someone is asking me about my Bronco. Some had never seen the 2-door version. One Jeep 2-door owner was so interested that he spent several minutes looking at my Bronco. I even took him for a test drive!

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Empty nester here! I almost went 4 door to accommodate others who may ride with me. (Which would be extremely rare.) My husband has a crew cab pickup, so worst case an occasional swap. I love the stance of the two door! If you have to accommodate a regular back seater, I’d go 4. Other than that, 2 door gang.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 & 5 year old. My Bronco was supposed to be my daily driver and my wife’s Sorrento was supposed to be the family hauler. Instead, my girls love it so much that it’s not only demanded for school drop off, but my 2 year old basically just asks for a ride in the Bronco, constantly.

it’s honestly not even problematic to get them in their seats, because I tend to just hop in the back with them and fasten them in whole damn near standing in the back. It’s weirdly easier than getting them into the 4-Door SUV, because I don’t have to worry about reaching over them nor bumping their heads getting them in & out.

Even the dogs don’t seem to mind.
Obvious member of the “Cool Dad Club” as well as a charter member of the 2 Dr Cartel ”Blood In, Blood Out!! :oops:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
Do this and you won't have to worry about how much cargo you can carry. It's only limited by the number of tie-downs you have. Then you'll have a Bronco everyone admires and will be able to carry all your equipment. Besides, fold down (or remove) the back seats and you'll have more than enough space.
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? TVonTo

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am lucky enough that my 2 door is our 3rd vehicle. My crew P/U allows me to now worry about space. If the Bronco was my DD and only vehicle, I would consider the 4 door...and it would be the Braptor.