dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No competition at all. At 6'5", I cant even sit in a Jeep without hitting my head on the crossbar. Thats why Bronco crossbar over the rear seats is so important a design upgrade!
Pretty sure that's just a happy accident and not forward thinking on FORD's part
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whoa there cowboy, I'm not asking for 12,000lbs of towing capacity!

If my wife's unibody Subaru Ascent with a 4cyl turbo and CVT can tow 5,000lbs, I don't see any reason why the Bronco couldn't without any impact to it's off-road performance. The BRAPTOR has a 4,400lb capacity!

I just want to be able to pull a small travel trailer to a campsite so that I can go off-roading in that area without needing to book a hotel or deal with a massive RV towing the Bronco behind it.
I don't think that is too much of an ask from Ford. If it wasn't meant to pull trailers, then why does it have a tow hitch at all?
hitch step to make easy to get your dogs in and out of the back of course! priorities people

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Full floating axle has been in the works for 2+ years. With a truss kit and some $800 ball joints that makes a Stock Jeep 39” ready IMO if weight is kept in check and throttle being a yes/no answer for a driver

Bronkey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What color is that in the photo, Earl? It's gorgeous.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has a bit of Renegade look in the grill... But doesn't look too bad to me.

Love the 5k towing!!! Love the pre-loaded maps!!! Screen size is nice and mostly just a modernization.

If the noise cancellation system works, it likely will be a huge hit...

I have 2 Jeeps now and 1 will go when the Bronco arrives in a couple months. But which one? I have the LJ Rubicon, only 3000 made in 2006. A near unicorn... But also a JK 4 door that is still very capable and no problem taking it where I won't take the Bronco. Even though the JK isnt super refined, it's still night and day more comfortable and quiet than the LJ.

Sigh...
I didnt know there was an LJ Rubicon. Thats awesome.

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100:1 crawl ratio? Mine is only 94:1. Better trade in.

AFMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco; 89 Foxbody; 11 Miata; 82 280zx
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LEDs not standard equipment until you get to the Sahara. Currently a $1495 option at the Sport S model level. The factory non-LEDs are not great. I'm still surprised Jeep hasn't made LEDs standard across all models.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has a bit of Renegade look in the grill... But doesn't look too bad to me.

Love the 5k towing!!! Love the pre-loaded maps!!! Screen size is nice and mostly just a modernization.

If the noise cancellation system works, it likely will be a huge hit...

I have 2 Jeeps now and 1 will go when the Bronco arrives in a couple months. But which one? I have the LJ Rubicon, only 3000 made in 2006. A near unicorn... But also a JK 4 door that is still very capable and no problem taking it where I won't take the Bronco. Even though the JK isnt super refined, it's still night and day more comfortable and quiet than the LJ.

Sigh...
That's a hard one.
Prices on the LJ's right now are HOT, so if you were ever tempted to cash in on some return investment, it's not a bad time. 9 months ago was better, but the market is still crazy on the TJ in general, LJ's bringing more premium money.
The JK, well, they are quite a bit more common to replace if you had seller's remorse but the pricing varies greatly as does the care taken of them along the process.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan of the grill but the increased towing capacity is awesome. I’m curious if the 4XE will also get 5K towing. Don’t necessarily think the Sport S getting a 4XE powertrain is necessarily a good thing. Like we saw with the Willy’s it’s just an excuse for them to raise the price on other models.
@Ford Motor Company better have some tricks up their sleeve for the next refresh.
They need to fix the awful gauge cluster. Also hoping we see a PHEV finally.
A lot to digest, awesome updates. Also a lot to digest when we just bought our 2023 4 weeks ago lol. Waited 2 years for the Bronco only to switch to Jeep and then Jeep updates the Jeep a month later. Meanwhile a week after we picked up the Jeep, Ford sends us a vin. I think I’m done buying cars for a long time.
Sounds similar to my scenario lol. Let the dealership know I wanted a GR Corolla a year ago and ordered the Bronco 3.5 years ago. Beginning of the week the Toyota dealer calls me saying “hey we have one coming in, how do you want to spec it and it’s yours if you want it.” Later that same week I get a Bronco VIN. Although I will say the Bronco build has been moved 5x and the GRC is in my driveway.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What color is that in the photo, Earl? It's gorgeous.
Yep, it's Earl. It's one of those that looks different based on the light. I snapped a pic of one (below) on the lot when I was picking up my 392. They are releasing Anvil again as a color as well.

I don't use my Jeep to tow anything, especially anything that weighs a lot, but I gotta say that upgrade that allows 5k tow is pretty nice.

Ford Bronco Competition: 2024 Jeep Wrangler Gets Facelift & Upgrades EG

Sponsored

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Standard side curtain airbags never would have happened without the Bronco. Non-starter for me with Jeep as this is my daily driver and want the best safety possible for my wife and kiddos. Now I can have my fun topless vehicle.
This. I traded in my Wrangler for my Bronco primarily for the side-curtain airbags when my wife was pregnant. Unwilling to compromise on rear-seat safety anymore, and thanks to the Bronco, I could have all the fun of a removable-roof and off-road capable daily driver without worrying about safety. I love the Bronco, though, so no plans to switch back anytime soon.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of the grill but the increased towing capacity is awesome. I’m curious if the 4XE will also get 5K towing. Don’t necessarily think the Sport S getting a 4XE powertrain is necessarily a good thing. Like we saw with the Willy’s it’s just an excuse for them to raise the price on other models.

They need to fix the awful gauge cluster. Also hoping we see a PHEV finally.

Sounds similar to my scenario lol. Let the dealership know I wanted a GR Corolla a year ago and ordered the Bronco 3.5 years ago. Beginning of the week the Toyota dealer calls me saying “hey we have one coming in, how do you want to spec it and it’s yours if you want it.” Later that same week I get a Bronco VIN. Although I will say the Bronco build has been moved 5x and the GRC is in my driveway.
Lol it’s so frustrating! Oh well we love our Jeep either way! Still love the Bronco we were just over Ford’s handling of this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Having had tons of wranglers. From 3.6 Rubicon JL to Rubicon 4xe to 392 xr. Love it or hate it but if you order a Jeep you will get it. Ford needs to take a page out of Jeep's book when it comes to being able to build the orders.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnt know there was an LJ Rubicon. Thats awesome.
It's a crawling beast... But feels like driving a tractor. My daughter is 5'7".

Ford Bronco Competition: 2024 Jeep Wrangler Gets Facelift & Upgrades IMG_4496.JPG

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a hard one.
Prices on the LJ's right now are HOT, so if you were ever tempted to cash in on some return investment, it's not a bad time. 9 months ago was better, but the market is still crazy on the TJ in general, LJ's bringing more premium money.
The JK, well, they are quite a bit more common to replace if you had seller's remorse but the pricing varies greatly as does the care taken of them along the process.
You are spot on!
Sponsored