JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is getting expense. Ordered 4” Hertz later in the day, even though I already installed the Kicker CS in the rears and modified the other pair for front install, so I can’t return any.
Trial and error I guess. I think the hertz might be better. I’ll wait to see how it turns out, before ripping out the rears.

BEE878AC-6453-441C-A342-DEB02FE3B7E7.jpeg
Just installed these this weekend. These were the only swap I did so far. I wanted to see if there would be a difference before I change out the other B&O speakers. I installed one only then compared the sound with the fader. These seem to play just a little lower than stock but far clearer. They handle higher volumes a lot better too. I did a video of me fading back and forth and played it to my wife. She couldn’t believe the difference. I will be getting some Hertz for the rest of my swap. FYI I got these new off eBay for only $60.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed these this weekend. These were the only swap I did so far. I wanted to see if there would be a difference before I change out the other B&O speakers. I installed one only then compared the sound with the fader. These seem to play just a little lower than stock but far clearer. They handle higher volumes a lot better too. I did a video of me fading back and forth and played it to my wife. She couldn’t believe the difference. I will be getting some Hertz for the rest of my swap. FYI I got these new off eBay for only $60.
They were weak/less full compared to the kicker CS which shocked me. I used the same blocker though when comparing. The crap part is the connections are not normal on these. Two large males.

I also tested the hetz 6.5 and it was weaker than Kicker CS and OEM beat out all.

I’ll test the kickers and hertz without the bass blocker after I get my additional wiring harness in.

Last edited:

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They were weak/less full compared to the kicker CS which shocked me. I used the same blocker though when comparing. The crap part is the connections are not normal on these. Two large males.

I also tested the hetz 6.5 and it was weaker than Kicker CS and OEM beat out all.
That’s odd considering the kicker’s sensitivity is 4DBs lower. Using a dab meter the Hertz played 1-1.4 DBs lower than stock on average. For $60 I’m happy with the Hertz.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I’m guessing only 6.5 in rears would be the difference. That PRV woofer is pretty darn good in my center. It might be worth a try in the rear, but I think I’m good for now.
I’m just glad I didn’t trash my 6.5 OEM speaker like did with the rest.
3C607A5C-6749-48FA-A990-5A491C9F011D.jpeg
Are you listening in stereo or surround? I’m not sure what I want to do with the center channel yet. I listen in stereo mode for the most part.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you listening in stereo or surround? I’m not sure what I want to do with the center channel yet. I listen in stereo mode for the most part.
Yep switched to stereo mode.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok In the name of science I cut off the capacitor off my only wiring harness and the Hertz sounded significantly better. Huge difference. Don’t put a blocker on that hertz lol.

Tested Kicker CS without a blocker, and yep Hetz still beat. With blocker, kicker does better.

Last edited:

Frebaln

Badlands
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 VW Variant (Squareback)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which speakers did you use for the dash and rears?
Fosgates in all 3 dash 4” speakers
Focals in the 2 rear 4” pods

Researching shows that FORScan doesn’t work with rear speakers on B&O systems, due to the built in DSP. So unable to control the rear eq
Didn’t want to go all stereo nerd and upgrade everything, was just hoping speaker upgrade would do the trick. Wanted good sound with top off and descent speed
Also, confirm from other post that the 6.5” kick panels aren’t worth upgrading

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn keeping the Hetz I guess lol. They sound so good without blockers. The kickers are slightly louder, so I’m of the mind of leaving them in rears.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fosgates in all 3 dash 4” speakers
Focals in the 2 rear 4” pods

Researching shows that FORScan doesn’t work with rear speakers on B&O systems, due to the built in DSP. So unable to control the rear eq
Didn’t want to go all stereo nerd and upgrade everything, was just hoping speaker upgrade would do the trick. Wanted good sound with top off and descent speed
Also, confirm from other post that the 6.5” kick panels aren’t worth upgrading
Yep, I didn’t believe it so I went down that road with two different 6.5 speakers. It’s true uhhh.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s possible that the other bass blocker will work better with the Hertz. It’s definitely not better with the 0-600hz blocker. Maybe with the 300hz. I’ll test tomorrow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll tell yeah I think the PRV midrange was a good upgrade. They sell singles on Amazon for $24. I decided against another tweeter in the center.

I can walk you through the removal of the trim. It’s not super easy.

The OEM center is the same as the rears, paper cone.

Someone here has step by step instructions and I was a bit confused on how to get the USB out. He states it just pops out, but didn’t for me. I had to squeeze the tabs just underneath to get out. It’s important to do this, or you can’t reinstall it.

E94BADD7-B645-486B-A57B-976B1DAF1D19.jpeg

C47E3096-7970-4403-B6AF-897B3364435A.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This guy claims the Focal for the kick panel were a significant upgrade. These are $440 a pair, so definitely not cheap. Is it worth a try, im not sure. I already closed up the kick panel after trying with two different speakers.

8AA5AB85-5E21-4804-B998-F30D7CAADAED.jpeg

7D7CCB9B-93CC-4D60-8C74-0C83FB7AA69B.jpeg

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s possible that the other bass blocker will work better with the Hertz. It’s definitely not better with the 0-600hz blocker. Maybe with the 300hz. I’ll test tomorrow.
I used the 300hz blockers. Sounds great.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the 300hz blockers. Sounds great.
Well, that’s exactly what I’m going to try tomorrow. 300hz. What I tried today were 0-600hz and without blockers.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, that’s exactly what I’m going to try tomorrow. 300hz. What I tried today were 0-600hz and without blockers.
Any update with the 300hz blockers?
Sponsored