First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was always a fan of painted fenders even on jeeps , the mirrors and door handles were a plus . Black roast interior was also my fav out of the interiors . Didn’t have my own order so was searching endlessly for an abandoned badlands or outer banks with high package so here we are

IMG_0061.jpeg
Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sasquatch is the great equalizer. All sas broncos are basically equal, except the BL with the front disco, the WT with HOSS 3.0, and the Raptor.

I originally ordered a black diamond for the washout floor and MGV.

But I really wanted tan or brown interior and the 12 inch screen.

That wasn't possible with the black diamond, and the WT was more expensive and the interior options weren't great.

Originally, I thought the OBX interior was ugly when I first saw leaked photos of it. So I was willing to settle for the black diamond.

Then I got to test drive an OBX with the high package and the roast leather.

Changed my order that day. The interior is actually great in person, and the blue stitching matches the velocity blue paint well.

My OBX with the 2.7, sas, and the high package was way cheaper than the BL, WT, and the Raptor. It was only slightly higher priced than the black diamond.

Looking forward to taking delivery in March

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The data collected on Bronco6g is a little skewed toward enthusiasts. Ford will probably make more OBXs than Badlands. While both models allow you to select the higher levels of creature comfort (Lux and leather seats), the OBX has more choices in the leather colors. The sway bar disconnect on BL probably won't be used by most of the owners (except to take pictures). BL does give you the MGV option with washout floors.

For people who like the painted mirrors, fenders and/or door handles, the OBX unpainted parts can be bought from Ford and painted.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think we are all going to be driving a mall crawler soon anyway. Might as well be comfortable doing it. Most of the trails are on government land. The goal for them it to shut it all down. We have several thousand acres of government land where I live. Some is National Grassland some Forest Service and some wilderness area. Also lots of state land you cant drive off the paved roads. When I was growing up I spent alot of time riding dirt bikes out there. About 8 years ago they shut it down to 2 roads that run through one section of it. Now most of it never gets used because most people aren't going to hike 8 miles in this rough country shoot a deer and carry it out. It will happen where you all are at too someday.
Oh and to answer your question I ordered it because my wife daily drives it on the road. We got it in August and have 13k miles on it already. We travel alot in my wife's vehicle. We wanted the little better mileage with all the luxury and the off road/ top off fun also. We both liked the painted plastic over having cheep looking black plastic. I also think the interior colors are the best options. I have roast, didn't care for the blue/ grey. We got one in at work and I loved it the blue/ grey its so much better when you get to actually see it.

Last edited:

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Originally we wanted to order the Wildtrak but the interior options didn’t gel with us as we wanted the roast leather interior.

Also liked the painted mirrors and door handles (getting Sasquatch we lost the painted fenders), so dropped down to an OBX and then added $13,500 in options to raise it back up the pecking order.

Absolutely love the OBX we chose and have no regrets at all.

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? IMG_2556

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? IMG_1534

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like it was a popular dealer stock order as well
This is the answer.

It's not necessarily popular so much as it and Big Bend are what Ford pumped out, while reservation holders were waiting for the other trims. Ease of access to OBX should not be mistaken for popularity so much as compromise.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Originally ordered an OBX due to first trim to have high package and the roast interior. Having to replace my order earlier this month after price increase ordered an OBX again but switched to badlands with MGV, 2.7, SAS, Tow, Ox. White, the black mirrors and door handles look good on the white and I will be repainting the grill black. I also love the rubberized flooring, had it in my Sport Trac was a breeze to clean. Hate carpet. And the price was only $4-500 different than the OBX.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Non-Sasquatch OBX... Too pedestrian.

lol

So pedestrian...
The 18” wheels are a big part of the pedestrian looks IMO.

Your RTR wheels, tires and of course it being a two door fix that problem nicely. 👍

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I originally ordered an outer banks in 2021. What drew me to it was the slightly more premium features an options. I like the painted handles and flares, never did any off reading so it was the mall crawler for me. And ordered with the Lux package. 500 days into waiting I bought a mid Wildtrak and love it. Didn't think I wanted the Sasquatch when I ordered it. But parked next to a stock outer banks, sasquatch is way to go. Now my original ordered got picked last month and will be built this month, I'm passing on it and keeping the Wildtrak.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And to add to mine, this is pretty much about right. I don’t plan on getting too crazy. I go to Tennessee to the mountains every now and then but this thing will never see any hardcore off roading. I average about 23-24 mpg in the city. In the end, I want to have some aesthetics and keep it as practical as possible. It was what was on the lot, and I’m happy. If I want to add anything more, I can always do that down the road. The other thing I like about this rig, everything is completely customizable and changeable.

And to add to mine, this is pretty much about right. I don’t plan on getting too crazy. I go to Tennessee to the mountains every now and then but this thing will never see any hardcore off roading. I average about 23-24 mpg in the city. In the end, I want to have some aesthetics and keep it as practical as possible. It was what was on the lot, and I’m happy. If I want to add anything more, I can always do that down the road. The other thing I like about this rig, everything is completely customizable and changeable.
Have our OBX on order. That MPG is much better than I expected. What motor did you wind up getting?

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford did some really weird things with the trim levels.
They're good at that.
On the Explorer, the standard trim progression is XL - XLT - Limited - Platinum/King Ranch.
On F150 it goes XL - XLT - King Ranch - Platinum - Limited.

And damn, to go from Platinum to Limited on F150 is an extra $20,500 on the MSRP. For a trim that didn't offer standard BLIS on Explorer just five years ago.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we are all going to be driving a mall crawler soon anyway. Might as well be comfortable doing it. Most of the trails are on government land. The goal for them it to shut it all down. We have several thousand acres of government land where I live. Some is National Grassland some Forest Service and some wilderness area. Also lots of state land you cant drive off the paved roads. When I was growing up I spent alot of time riding dirt bikes out there. About 8 years ago they shut it down to 2 roads that run through one section of it. Now most of it never gets used because most people aren't going to hike 8 miles in this rough country shoot a deer and carry it out. It will happen where you all are at too someday.
Oh and to answer your question I ordered it because my wife daily drives it on the road. We got it in August and have 13k miles on it already. We travel alot in my wife's vehicle. We wanted the little better mileage with all the luxury and the off road/ top off fun also. We both liked the painted plastic over having cheep looking black plastic. I also think the interior colors are the best options. I have roast, didn't care for the blue/ grey. We got one in at work and I loved it the blue/ grey its so much better when you get to actually see it.
Could be like us in Texas and it’s 99.9% privately owned. Public land is a truly foreign concept. Even a lot of our state parks are previously private land that was donated to the state.

MotoFish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We built a big bend, black diamond and the outer banks. They were all really close in price with the options selected and went with outer banks because of the interior and the painted grill, handles, mirrors and flares. Contrary to the Ford builder the 2023 flares on the Sasquatch are in fact not painted. We were a little bummed about that but oh well.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 20221006_120655
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 20221006_120904
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 20221006_120630

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Originally we wanted to order the Wildtrak but the interior options didn’t gel with us as we wanted the roast leather interior.

Also liked the painted mirrors and door handles (getting Sasquatch we lost the painted fenders), so dropped down to an OBX and then added $13,500 in options to raise it back up the pecking order.

Absolutely love the OBX we chose and have no regrets at all.

Where did you get your trail sights from?
Sponsored