Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford can't build orders they have yet the board decided to keep adding trims. Smart move, won't piss off any customers waiting from months to years. At some point, people will just walk.

I think ordering a LADA in russia is built quicker during Soviet times than FORD can with Mavericks, Broncos.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THERE ARE “A TON MORE” FORD BRONCOS ON THE WAY
The Three Newest Trims Are Just The Beginning
by Zac Quinn April 27, 2023, 4:30 pm

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor_11.jpg

After the launch of the newest generation of the Ford Bronco, we’ve seen a ton of excitement surrounding the off-road-focused SUV. As sales continue to increase as the company irons out the wrinkles, there’s plenty of reason to get excited. With the arrival of the Everglades and Raptor trims and even the Heritage Edition, we’ve seen a Bronco trim to fit anyone’s lifestyle or plans for the SUV. But it turns out that this is just the beginning.

More Ford Bronco Trims On The Way: Details
“Derivatives are an opportunity, when you have something like a winning product like Bronco, to actually extend into new and different spaces, right, going after different customers. So there’s three examples on the screen here with Everglades, the Raptor and Heritage, all distinctly going after different customers. This is just the start. We have a ton more coming. And on Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunity in different spaces to speak to different customers.,” said Jim Baumbick, Ford’s vice president of product development operations and quality, while speaking at the 2023 Bank of America Global Automotive Summit.

“On Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunities in different spaces to speak to different customers. And I can tell you with perfect certainty if you look at something like a Bronco Raptor customer versus a Heritage customer, they’re very different. And for some customers, it’s a bit of a rustle. They want both. So this is a really incredible opportunity for us to leverage.” Baumbick stated.

Baumbick couldn’t be more right; just based on what we’ve seen, there’s a massive demand for the Ford Bronco, its sales are shooting to overtake that of the Jeep Wrangler, and with the addition of more trims for customers, as time goes on, offering more variants of the rock crawler at various price points, that success will only continue.

With gas prices being as unpredictable as they are, there are bound to be many fans that are conscious about fuel economy. The Jeep Wrangler has its 4xe, which has been successful, so we can see a Ford Bronco hybrid following suit. That said, Baumbick mentioned that customers want a combination between the Heritage and the Raptor, which would be interesting. Perhaps a Raptor with the design queues of the Heritage? Though it’s unclear what we will see reach the market in the future, one thing is sure; this is just the beginning of the different flavors of the Bronco lineup. But before we start counting those chickens before they hatch, hopefully Ford can sort out its Bronco production kinks, and bring back the Everglades.

You can read the full transcript of the 2023 BoA Global Automotive Summit event here.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/there-are-a-ton-more-ford-broncos-on-the-way/
I don't have a problem with more variety, but they should probably eliminate the Big Bend or Base or combine them into one offering.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about just offering a manual with the V6 ?
Good luck... that might actually be the one thing that would piss me off because I would be mad I don't have it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hate points so much I switched to a Petronix system in the old Mustang. I DO keep the points in the glove box just in case though...😁
Yes, for all those "wannabe retro purists" that don't want any computer chips, just let them have their points and distributor caps for a few months. Then, like you with PerTronix Electronic Ignition and me with Mallory Electronic Ignition, they will know why we upgraded to have computer chips in our ignition systems.

In the meantime, they can carry cans of WD-40 with them to dry out their distributor caps for when they drive through a puddle.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford said:
We have a ton more coming....
Well, one Bronco weighs 3 tons, so maybe there isn't much coming... 🤔

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wait for this edition Bronco was terrible. It would pale in comparison to the orders received if they offered a V8.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have a problem with more variety, but they should probably eliminate the Big Bend or Base or combine them into one offering.
Those are fighting words! haha

I don't think the number of trims is the problem, but what they should probably do is eliminate some options from trims. I know it would be massively unpopular here, but they should probably drop SAS from base, BB and OBX. maybe replace the full SAS package with an option on those trims with a bit more aggressive tire. Keep those are your more street oriented trims and let the BD, BL and WT be for the more off road crowd.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

At this point. EV is outrageously practical and I would even claim superior to gasoline on traditional roads/highways. I dont have the same sentiment for off road applications. Not yet.
I would agree if you were talking about suburban living where you have access to stores nearby, general shopping and off-street parking so you can charge. in residential neighborhoods in say, chicago, most people dont have a garage for a charger and there are not plans to install chargers at the curb. same goes out in rural america where there are virtually zero fast charging stations and it is known that regular home chargers take up to 20h to fully charge a lightning battery. if the use case fits your needs then they are great, I honestly dont think we are anywhere close to being ready as a country to make this transition to 100% EV, I dont think we'll be close enough to reach 50% by 2030 and realisitcally I think once everything is fully sorted out we'll end up seeing about 1/3 ICE, 1/3 EV, and 1/3 alternative fuels. just my .02

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree if you were talking about suburban living where you have access to stores nearby, general shopping and off-street parking so you can charge. in residential neighborhoods in say, chicago, most people dont have a garage for a charger and there are not plans to install chargers at the curb. same goes out in rural america where there are virtually zero fast charging stations and it is known that regular home chargers take up to 20h to fully charge a lightning battery. if the use case fits your needs then they are great, I honestly dont think we are anywhere close to being ready as a country to make this transition to 100% EV, I dont think we'll be close enough to reach 50% by 2030 and realisitcally I think once everything is fully sorted out we'll end up seeing about 1/3 ICE, 1/3 EV, and 1/3 alternative fuels. just my .02
Agreed. I am in full support of EV but we have a long road ahead. And even today like you said, it works great in certain areas. Like in LA, it’s amazing having an EV. I almost went model Y over the bronco just out of practicality and cost saving (happy I didnt). But in other areas they might not work out so great, yet. In time the charging or lack there of will get better.

Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agreed. I am in full support of EV but we have a long road ahead. And even today like you said, it works great in certain areas. Like in LA, it’s amazing having an EV. I almost went model Y over the bronco just out of practicality and cost saving (happy I didnt). But in other areas they might not work out so great, yet. In time the charging or lack there of will get better.
the on-street parking in the cities (i'm most familiar with chicago cuz I lived there for 40+ yrs), installing curbside chargers will be a nightmare. the charging heads are being cut off and in large swaths of chicago this will be a very serious issue
20351066_web1_200204-CVR-N-chargingstation.jpg

in cities this is one of my concerns, ongoing infrastructure upkeep. what is truly needed in rural areas is huge improvements in battery life and fast charging capability. I'm talking full charge in a few hours overnight or 30-40 mins during the day. with current tech and projections on experimental tech we are still 15-20yrs out from that reality at bare minimum.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sounds like we are coming together on the plan for Ford, Two versions. One with a V8, points and condenser ignition, three on the tree, 2 doors, and an 8-track stereo, with pizza cutters on all four corners and the other a Mach-E with a 6 inch lift and 35's all the bells and whistles like heated seats, mirrors, power windows and 4 doors.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like we are coming together on the plan for Ford, Two versions. One with a V8, points and condenser ignition, three on the tree, 2 doors, and an 8-track stereo, with pizza cutters on all four corners and the other a Mach-E with a 6 inch lift and 35's all the bells and whistles like heated seats, mirrors, power windows and 4 doors.
With vinyl making a come back I say we hold out for the dash mounted record player.

maxresdefault.jpg

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With vinyl making a come back I say we hold out for the dash mounted record player.

Ford Bronco "A Ton More" Bronco Trims/Variants Coming Says Ford maxresdefault
Not if it only plays 45’s! 🫤

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A ton more but we will drop the base while we are at it to make for more efficient manufacturing
Sponsored