First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Point? So are they selling below MSRP for $75,000? They are still moving here within 1 or 2 days at 10K over ($95-$100K).. Yes, they sit on the lot if a dealer is asking $120. If you are buying a gently used one for $75k, good luck with the legitimacy of that offer.
Is what it is. Had my fair share of fun cars some people need the money I had the money I had a title to maybe was a panic sale. Gave it a shot live and learn. Still gonna put food on the table still going to look for other cars in life still gonna run my business and make it back. Still going to look for an F150 to buy but not at a dealer

OJ’s Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Zay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 DHP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Point? So are they selling below MSRP for $75,000? They are still moving here within 1 or 2 days at 10K over ($95-$100K).. Yes, they sit on the lot if a dealer is asking $120. If you are buying a gently used one for $75k, good luck with the legitimacy of that offer.
the window sticker said $70,600, so technically he pay over MSRP

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean at the end of the day my current tacoma is falling apart I dont go to dealers and without a tax credit and this put me there to avoid sales tax pretty common. I had equity in it more than 75k thats pretty clear. Az title exactly as normal. As stated my now 7 year old Tacoma has paint damage, faded headlights, blown cv boot, needs an alignment. Can walk outside and take pictures of the thing lol. Old tech its slow I need a truck. I bought the bronco without the full intent of keeping as who would at that price. I was just browsing the webs for fun on a sunday afternoon looking for a new vehicle to purchase anyways. What does a dealer do they make profit right? Everyone probably paid some sort of mark up here? I paid a mark up at the dealer for the F150 didnt I? I just had equity to burn. The bronco had damage and they kinda smoked in it. Fresh start. I had it 15 days little over 2 weeks. I am not gonna respond over and over again to the same stuff its all here its public. Im missing the money and one of the vehicles I actually planned to keep. I havent bought something off the lot since 2016
Man, I respect your wish to grab a good deal when you see one.

However, personally, if I'm paying over $500 to anyone, I don't mind losing the tax benefits etc, but I want a paper trail as long as a CVS receipt, coz if things hit the fan, I want to be able to track down the seller for remedial actions like warranties, repairs etc. Especially 75k, I'll need to know their place of business or lawyer.

But I guess you just have a higher risk appetite than someone like me.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@ONCEHADABRAPTOR sounds like you run a cash business. I would touch up your books and be careful about statements about not liking paying taxes. I deal with some of this at work, it's all evidence in the eyes of the court.

$75k for Braptor is too good to be true. They are still averaging over $100k otd for anyone without a golden ticket. It's kind of interesting to see how many people don't see that as a red flag?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a crazy story so I feel obligated to be sceptical. Here's another angle:

From how I see it, there's no objective quality evidence so far that shows you paid $75k to someone else.

That opens the possibility for you to have been apart of it (or at least knew it was stolen and got scared and made up the "work truck" scenario) and this thread is a ruse to establish victimhood. Yeah $75k is too good to be true, but not if the caveat is that it's stolen.

Several others have mentioned the red flags. Plus you knew you wanted a pickup for your job but you went out of your way (losing any sensibility of being scammed evidently) and bought a vehicle that doesn't fit your needs.

I'm leaning towards you knew it was stolen. That's why you "immediately" took your truck to the dealership when they called, and started the whole "I didn't know" spiel.

I don't mean to be accusatory, I just feel like the dramatic lawyer trying to nail the defendant like in a A Few Good Men.

For what it's worth I hope justice is served to the appropriate party.
I’d hate to see what you’d write if you meant to be accusatory

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

...and I'm wondering what it feels like to not only have $75k in cash but to be "eh I'll make it back at work." after losing it for nothing.
Never been divorced? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The feds will want to know where he got the cash too if he reports to them.
No offense but I dont run a multi million dollar auto parts distributing company that sells to all 50 states and Canada in cash lol. The website when you check out (LIITERALLY LIKE ANY WEBSITE YOU HAVE EVER BOUGHT STUFF OFF) have a card processor. Every transaction is either card paypal affirm. You think I got pre approved through my mortgage lender in cash? Bank would have really approved that. No its called tax returns

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d hate to see what you’d write if you meant to be accusatory
It'd be more direct rather than theorizing.

I obviously don't know the facts. OP could fill in the gaps and prove me and others wrong.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'd be more direct rather than theorizing.

I obviously don't know the facts. OP could fill in the gaps and prove me and others wrong.
Well You did a good job of theorizin'. Not that I'm not in agreement with some of your thinking. It's all a bit fishy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.