Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass is this one of your tops in high build primer?

IMG_2173.jpeg
Everyone’s getting an ADV hardtop except us :(

*Starts YouTube channel called MapleSyrupBeaver to gain subscribers and become popular*
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the tops look amazing and MUCH more trustworthy than the MIC tops. Hopefully by the time ours need replacement these will be a bit more reasonable in price.

Mitchell Watts at Town and Country has been sporting his on his Badlands this week. I think he got the first one or something.

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has there been any data driven evidence that the ADV top is quieter? DB testing and such? It makes sense that it would be quieter given the foam and 2 piece construction. Just curious how much of a difference it makes on this flying brick.

I have a MIC top on my Bronco but the noise and whistling get annoying after long miles. Would consider selling it and picking up this top if its considerably quieter.

Edit: Nevermind, I see this is in the works " 3) Sound Comparison: Our hardtop vs OEM Hardtop ". Looking forward to seeing the results!

Last edited:

bigsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here ya go @bigsky

It’s ok you don’t like it but just know that plenty will love it. And there’s probably more people that think the OEM hardtop is ugly. They just deal with it because it was the only hardtop option.
I never said it didn't follow the original lines? That wasn't my point. I said it didn't follow the lines of the new Bronco and the OEM top, and in my opinion doesn't look as good as the OEM top.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said it didn't follow the original lines? That wasn't my point. I said it didn't follow the lines of the new Bronco and the OEM top, and in my opinion doesn't look as good as the OEM top.
He says in the first post there's a video coming: "3) Sound Comparison: Our hardtop vs OEM Hardtop"

Sponsored

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But you can visibly see how it does follow the current line and how similar that line is on the back of both old and new. I’m glad you like the new one. What they did makes sense, from multiple aspects. That’s all I’m trying to show. I like both personally just hate the color of the OEM, why doesn’t it match the other plastic pieces. That was absurd.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm… which Bronco follows the original lines most? 🤔

IMG_0822.jpeg
This. Shows the lines. When I watched ADV video, I wondered, is the MIC top flatness not following the lines? In my head, I saw a slant then a straight angle up. Looking at this pic, I see it clearly and IMO, the ADV follows the lines of the original, and frankly what Ford should have done.

I like the ADV top, I think its going to be a great product, I need to decide on what I will do. I have the soft top, and the only thing with it is the fap fap fap noise I get at speed because of the light bar. It does not drive me crazy, but I wonder what the HT would do.

I had thought I would not take the top down a lot, the S.FL sun is brutal, but I find myself going topless at night :) Perhaps a bimini is in my near future. With the aftermarket stepping up, a HT will come down to what you like, and that's not a bad thing.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the injected close cell foam considered the sound deadening or is that a separate layer in addition? If so, is it double sided taped on or glued on or...?

Oh and just want to say while not even seeing it in person yet, the finish is so far above and beyond the OEM it is incredible. Not bashing the Anderson top here at all, but while it appears to be superior quality to the OEM, the videos and pics out so far from the ones delivered to customers can't compare to the ADV. The colors and textures look almost DIY in comparison. From the moment the Bronco was announced I hated the fugly Honda Element top. How anyone can say the slight slant isn't beautiful is beyond me. This is how the OEM should have at least looked. WTFG!
I'm not plugging for either top (I'm torn between the two myself), but this opinion sounds way too biased to be of any credibility. I've watched all the videos, and they are extremely positive. It most likely comes down to which one you prefer.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass is this one of your tops in high build primer?

IMG_2173.jpeg
Yes, that is painted gloss black by APG Offroad, which is our partner in this project. George (Owner) builds some absolutely incredible Broncos. Go check them out!

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the lower edges and at seam edges; is yours rough and "open" like the OEM or is it smooth and/or pinched or rolled. Thank you.
We are very excited to be releasing a youtube series that is 100% dedicated to informational content about our hardtop. We will take you through every aspect of the hardtop in the coming weeks. For now, please enjoy our first video of the series!

Make sure to subscribe to the channel to see the latest and greatest hardtop content.

We would also love to hear about what content you want us to focus on next.

We have already recorded this upcoming content:

1) Our hardtop vs OEM Softtop
2) Our hardtop vs OEM Hardtop
3) Sound Comparison: Our hardtop vs OEM Hardtop

BRONCO AFTERMARKET HARD TOP | Detailed Walk Around

How soon until you make one for the 2 DOOR? Thanks

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always thought people were joking about the MIC top being cardboard. I didn’t realize it was literal!

Also not a fan of the slant back. Didn’t realize it followed the line of the body back there until he pointed it out… Doesn’t look “bad” but I definitely prefer the squared off look.

Gonna be a minute before I have $6k to spare. When I do I’ll make the decision on ADV or Anderson.
To say its made of cardboard would be the same thing as saying airplane wings are made of Styrofoam. Its called composite construction. The MIC top may have issues, but it has nothing to do with seeing what looks like paper or cardboard in there.

Doobie

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the soft top, and the only thing with it is the fap fap fap noise I get at speed…
Yeah at speed I get a lot of Fap Fap Fap noise too, but it’s usually just the Jeep owner in the next lane starring at the Bronco. :cool:
Sponsored