First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am willing to bet that as soon as you changed your order to a Heritage Edition, Ford inadvertently flushed your certificates. This is the explanation that makes the most sense. That said, it's up to the dealer and Ford to sort it out.

So, the question is will Chapman honor the deal or not? How they get there isn't your concern. 3% under the DORA invoice was the agreement you had with them. They can honor it or you can walk... Unfortunately, it's more beneficial to them for you to walk.

I was on top of the certificates every step of the way with Granger, but not because I didn't trust Granger... I didn't trust Ford. The same applies for Chapman, you needed to have verified the certificates back when you first got a VIN. I am not trying to say that this is your fault, but it certainly is something you could have gotten ahead of before the vehicle was even built. Like others, they couldn't find my certificates initially and I did everything from Texas. When I arrived at Granger, I signed 2 pieces of paper and drove away in the Bronco in less than 30 minutes (Pizza delivery takes longer).

I hope that you get your Bronco, but it's really down to your dealer and Ford to sort out the pricing.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...3% below invoice.

I'll call you when it's ready...
Don't act like dealers didn't honor these deals. I know that Chapman has in the past and Granger certainly has honored their deals.

I paid $40,251 on a Bronco with an MSRP of $51,270.

Let me guess, you paid MSRP or higher? Now about that bridge, sounds like you paid top dollar for it.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Online window sticker goes away when it gets sold. So check your online window sticker. If you do not see it then it has been sold.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the time, the businesses in my area, none were able to commit to a MSRP when I did my order. Chapman did (not only that but offered 3% below invoice).
LOL - So now you have no Bronco and will end up paying more for it... Shop Local -being cheap is very expensive.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My should be similar. 55.5k on a 67k MSRP.

I do believe they are trying to figure it out what is going on. They told me they cannot find my private offer (the same Ford rep told me). So not sure why.

The only thing that happen in my order was that Chapman converted to a Heritage edition (they told me initially I could get one) and later the same date, they told me tat they could not guarantee, so they move back to my original order. So not sure if this is something that would affect my order.

Hopefully not. I will keep emailing them for updates.

Sorry, not flying to there to pressure, I will hope they will make it right.
As far as I understand, once a change is made the protection was lost.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as I understand, once a change is made the protection was lost.
Ya, that's not exactly how it works. I made several changes along the way, didn't lose price protection. You can lose price protection making changes, but not always.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL - So now you have no Bronco and will end up paying more for it... Shop Local -being cheap is very expensive.
Nonsense. I don’t think this is a Chapman created problem. I went through Chapman and paid $10k under sticker. My local dealer was, at best, MSRP if you could hold them to it or as much as $20k adm over MSRP for stock. They even played games with some order holders after the truck arrived where they tried add thousands to the price b/c the market was hot. If you want to buy local and overpay, be my guest.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya, that's not exactly how it works. I made several changes along the way, didn't lose price protection. You can lose price protection making changes, but not always.
I think you are on to something due to switch to the Heritage. That’s a body code change and according to RangarKon’s price protection flowchart, that’s a likely culprit that flushes the certificates. Not sure if Chapman could work with Ford to restore them but if they can’t see them in Smart Vincent, Chapman cannot be reimbursed and they will not give you the discount. This is a Ford incentive and Chapman won’t give you the cash from their pocket to cover Ford.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Here's the span that I bought last year at 3% below invoice.
Ford Bronco Can not get delivery of my Bronco ***** RESOLVED****** 2022-01-31 00.15.35

JDL

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Badlands 2D on Order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I got from them last email few days ago:

" Thank you for waiting patiently. I am trying to find your price protection rebates, but they are not coming through. Do you have a cert number? For the most part, Ford has been giving transitional rebates to 21 Reservation holders. I know that there are a couple exceptions though so I'll have to reach out to our Ford rep, I think. Did you by chance switch from a 2 door to a 4 door or vice versa? "
This is a great video to watch that describes the process for price protection. I am having the exact same issue. I gotta say, this forum is great!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a june 2021 ourder at chapman, mine was 3% under, as agreed and all the price protections for a june 2021 oRder. Now about that bridge…….

i was 8000ish under window sticker on it

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you are on to something due to switch to the Heritage. That’s a body code change and according to RangarKon’s price protection flowchart, that’s a likely culprit that flushes the certificates. Not sure if Chapman could work with Ford to restore them but if they can’t see them in Smart Vincent, Chapman cannot be reimbursed and they will not give you the discount. This is a Ford incentive and Chapman won’t give you the cash from their pocket to cover Ford.
Either the model change or the previously mentioned e-mail change can affect the certificate.

As long as you remain in contact with Chapman, they're very unlikely to sell it out from under you.

This does need to be escalated over the regular marketing/Customer Service contacts. Chapman can likely do it through their zone rep, but it would be a good idea to pursue it on your own.
There have been other contacts mentioned in this forum, anyone recall them?

I'll see what I can find.....
Sponsored