Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One (or is it two) word(s): Aftermarket
I agree to a point. but if it is going to void the warranty on a new truck, I'm not ripping out the IFS and spending 10-15k to install an SFA for the first 50 or 60k miles or whatever. I am hoping that Ford will have some route to get an SFA for a reasonable price under this and maintain warranty for the normal duration.

I mean, with aftermarket, you can put rockwells under a mustang...a few have done it before and a diesel under the hood.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crazy to me that we're having this whole conversation about IFS vs SFA... at the same time we're discussing a whole 'nother vehicle - the baby bronco - that will come with IFS and likely IRS... so that everyone who buys it will be safe from the terrible agonizing disaster that comes with solid axles.
lmao i’m so done

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mustang is more expensive... because they can charge it. You're really comparing the NA mustang (GT350) to the top trim supercharged ZL1 camaro and claiming well the camaro is faster? really?
If you have $60k to spend, what are you going to be able to buy? A Camaro ZL1, a GT350, or a GT500? The answer to that question is exactly why they are competitors. Doesn't matter boosted or not, price is what determines direct competition within a segment. Otherwise, I could say "well, a ZL1 is faster than an ecoboost Mustang, so the Camaro is clearly better. Whaaaaaat, they're both boosted!"

It doesn't work that way

What do you run at the track and what's done to your car? That'll tell if you need a driver mod or tires or both :D
I'm not a drag racer, so I don't time myself. I simply either win or lose, and against a Camaro, I'm going to be losing... not because of driver or tires, but because it's faster

Also leather seats with coolers included, and a bunch of other minute goodies
Not when you get Recaros… you lose that luxury

Ohhh, I see. The digital dash is what makes car go faster.

Shit, I've been doing it all wrong with my needles and alarm clock display all of these years.
It's not just about going faster, it's about being more usable. Anyone with racing experience knows this

as is a laptop that hooks up to the OBD port for about 5 grand less.....and has a shitload more options, and that you'll need anyways to change the tuning between laps....
Please tell me how I'm going to be able to hold and look at a laptop while pulling over 1 lateral G at 60mph halfway into a corner

Don't be an idiot

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll see y’all with the next leak. I’m already super low on brain cells right now, can’t afford to lose any more.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
i think the only off-road vehicle that will sell well is as follows:

1. Naturally aspirated V6 base engine

2. crank and manual window options

3. Solid front and rear axles

4. Round, 7” headlights

5. Removable roof that’s heavier than shit

6. An interior that can be hosed out

7. Retro styling to a T making it indistinguishable from prior generations to the untrained eye

8. A Jeep logo; wait

Oh yeah everyone bitching and complaining that the Bronco won’t be an exact copy of a Jeep but with a Ford badge. That’s not what we’re getting. If that’s what you really want I’m sure you could get the dealership to put some on your Jeep for a small fee or you can even get some gorilla glue and do it yourself.
Where do I find the unlike button?

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you could put a 5 ton planetary under the rear. but the weak link is still what determines what you can do with a vehicle.

putting 1000hp into a race car with 235s is not better than having 300 hp with 235s. having a D44 rear axle when you can't put more than 33s on the front doesn't do shit for you. The weak link is still the weak link. And as of right now, from what we have seen, that is the IFS. I hope there is more to come here. We just haven't officially heard about it or seen anything on it.
I agree with this, but my point is 1 weak point with a vehicle doesn't spell the end if the rest of the vehicle can curb stomp the competition

I’ll see y’all with the next leak. I’m already super low on brain cells right now, can’t afford to lose any more.
Right behind ya

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you have $60k to spend, what are you going to be able to buy? A Camaro ZL1, a GT350, or a GT500? The answer to that question is exactly why they are competitors. Doesn't matter boosted or not, price is what determines direct competition within a segment. Otherwise, I could say "well, a ZL1 is faster than an ecoboost Mustang, so the Camaro is clearly better. Whaaaaaat, they're both boosted!"

It doesn't work that way
The ecoboost mustang is way faster than the 4 cyl turbo camaro... there's a direct competitor there. What you're arguing is N/A V8 is slower than a supercharged V8? No shit?

If I had 60 grand, I'd still buy a base model GT and do this:
Looks all stock, right?
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579804432423

But wait, there's more:
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579804470732

Wonder which camaro would be looking at my tail lights:
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579804524111

I'm not a drag racer, so I don't time myself. I simply either win or lose, and against a Camaro, I'm going to be losing... not because of driver or tires, but because it's faster
Sooo you've never been to the track, you've never timed yourself, you have zero clue how to get the most out of your car because you've never put numbers to different driving choices... but when you race others it's not because of driver or tires it's because the other car is faster?
Go to the track sometimes, see what you run. Then get one of those guys that lives at the track to drive your car... and watch him pull a second faster timeslip. You'd be amazed how much there is to drag racing in terms of driving... And you might even gain enough knowledge to actually mop the floor with most camaros, as you should.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The ecoboost mustang is way faster than the 4 cyl turbo camaro... there's a direct competitor there. What you're arguing is N/A V8 is slower than a supercharged V8? No shit?
Again, that doesn't matter. It's about price. The Ecoboost is a competitor with the 1LT because they cost about the same. Same goes for the GT and SS, same for the PP2 and SS1LE, same for the GT350 and ZL1, same for the GT350R and ZL1 1LE. The GT500 doesn't even have a competitor yet. Price is what drives competition... if Ford isn't able to match the Camaro for the same price, that means that the Mustang simply can't match it.

If I had 60 grand, I'd still buy a base model GT and do this:
The hellion sleeper kit is cool, but we're talking stock here... otherwise I could bring up how a Civic could shit on whatever you own if you dumped $60k into it

Sooo you've never been to the track, you've never timed yourself, you have zero clue how to get the most out of your car because you've never put numbers to different driving choices... but when you race others it's not because of driver or tires it's because the other car is faster?
You're inferring a lot here

I have been to the drag strip. At my local track, the events I go to are test & tunes where they don't run the clocks. But I know I can outdrive my buddy, because when we both had a manual 2018 GT, I'd beat him every time. He still pulls on me in his Camaro every time. If it were driver related, I would've been losing the whole time

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sorry I must have stumbled in to the mustang7g forum?
we're busy discussing why the H4RDC0R3! track only camaro is much faster than the secretary mustang which is much better because it has a digital dash and therefore more comfortable on trails to the mall. Rumor has it the camaro has a solid front axle, which makes it more H4RDC0R3R, but we haven't figured that part out yet.

Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right there with you. But the only way I'll know about the next leak is by checking the forums and seeing all this useless bullshit. FML.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we're busy discussing why the H4RDC0R3! track only camaro is much faster than the secretary mustang which is much better because it has a digital dash and therefore more comfortable on trails to the mall. Rumor has it the camaro has a solid front axle, which makes it more H4RDC0R3R, but we haven't figured that part out yet.
Where did the Camaro touch you? This thread has turned into an absolute shit show.

Also, say what you want about the outdated 4Runner, but it will still be on the road long after a Wrangler or Bronco has bitten the dust.

*ducks behind Chrispy*

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You're absolutely right. As someone who put a deposit down on the new Mustang (Mach E) the day after it was released and who is actually a member of the new Mustang (Mach E) forum, I should know better.
Sponsored