Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove this tonight, it was fun, but for the $$$, I'll find a Ruby Red or Gotta Have It Green

Can't wait to install my Catback and Throttle Body btw
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! IMG_20200123_184154
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! IMG_20200123_185500
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! IMG_20200123_182349
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! IMG_20200123_182358
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off I have to apologize. I'm sorry to everyone in this forum because guys like me back in the late 80's early 90's used to annihilate EVERY late model chevy on the planet with my fox body !!!!! IROC, SS BIG BLOCK truck, FIREBIRD, even the illustrious VETTE they were all toast within a city block watching the Ford taillights disappear. And now chevy has their revenge. Just goes to show what comes around goes around. And that was when it was stock. That's also why I might be looking towards a TT Godzilla for my fox to replace my Procharged 5.0. If it wasn't for the fox body Mustang we would NOT be were we are today as far as muscle cars go ……….. I could go on but this is the Bronco forum people !!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of a BDS 6" lift kit for the new Ranger ......... looks REAL similar to the Bronco we have been seeing. Before you say it, Yes I see the lower a-arm is steel not aluminum like the Bronco. could be the reason for the size difference. What I was trying to show here is how you lift a IFS. Study the pic and the spy shot of the front suspension from the same angle. you will see how the two crossmembers that hold or "cradle" the differential are in a lower position the cast knuckle is also re-engineered to provide some lift also but other than that it's stock suspension. I know this because also because I work in a 4X4 shop. we started yesterday installing a 6" kit on a 20 Silverado and I can tell within 2 hrs. a 67K truck with less than 200 miles on it got the crossmembers removed, the "ears" on the frame cut off, and steel plates welded in for "structure reinforcement" so we could install the BDS crossmemebers to lift the truck. That's ALOT of work to lift the truck 6 inches. I can do that in a Wrangler with a set of springs. I just wanted the mall crawlers to know what they are in for when they want to make their Bronco "cool". The Ranger 6" kit fits 35" tires, It only takes a 3" kit to fit 35's on a Wrangler, and the afore mentioned Silverado fits 37"s. If the Jeep gets 6" it gets 37's as well but I think you should long arm a 6" kit(added expense). But by the same token you can put 4" springs on a Wrangler and get 37's under it. Fender openings and suspension clearance has alot to do with it.

edit: one thing I forgot to point out is the "cv" angle or the lack of it. this is important to cv life. This kit also dose NOT interfere with the ESC or stability control.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! bds ranger

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since this thread has become about other things than the bronco.... please say hi to my dog Copper. She is a beagle who is super adventurous and is slowly convincing me to just get a late 80’s - early 90’s Defender and go camp on top of a mountain somewhere until the bronco drops.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! bds ranger
That looks like IFS on Cooper. That weakness aside, it should sell well on body styling alone. :like:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL I had to check to see what thread I was on.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Social Media Monitor: Jeez, we need to give these guys something new to discuss...

Marketing Management: Why, are they losing interest?

FSMM: They're arguing about drag racing and threatening bloodletting amongst themselves.

MM: Leak a pic of the Baby Bronco cupholders.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Social Media Monitor: Jeez, we need to give these guys something new to discuss...

Marketing Management: Why, are they losing interest?

FSMM: They're arguing about drag racing and threatening bloodletting amongst themselves.

MM: Leak a pic of the Baby Bronco cupholders.
I wanna see a Manual already

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Actually, OJ didn't own that Bronco, it belonged to Al Cowlings.
Okay fine but I'm gonna stick to my original line because that's what people say to me every time I mention that the Bronco is coming back lol

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay fine but I'm gonna stick to my original line because that's what people say to me every time I mention that the Bronco is coming back lol
Ford's gonna release the OJ edition, one glove and steak knives included

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

haha that's because that's the only thing they have to associate with a Bronco is the OJ thing. they weren't around for the first gen.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford's gonna release the OJ edition, one glove and steak knives included
That would actually be really great of them and get them alot of sales on that alone. A white Bronco, with a single glove and set of steak knives for a 500$ adder (or more) would sell like hot cakes.
Sponsored