Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is really hard to beat that Kirkland oil price... Not to mention it tests incredibly well.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Switch to a FRAM Endurance (available at Walmart) it has superior filtering efficiency.
Seems like the new Fram Ultras are trending preety solid in the off road world. I've used it for my last two oil changes and specs seems to beat most. (99% @ 20 microns)

XG11955

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems like the new Fram Ultras are trending preety solid in the off road world. I've used it for my last two oil changes and specs seems to beat most. (99% @ 20 microns)

XG11955
Yep, it does. The caveat is that FRAM removed the mesh backing from the media in the Ultra so the support is reduced. The Endurance (FE11955) still has the mesh backing. I'm likely going to stock up on those.

Sponsored

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Updated with @CarbonSteel's great 5W-30 compilation list
That list will be terribly misleading for those who don't pay attention to detail. The nice, shiny, easy to reference Yes/No column is for a totally different Ford spec than what the Bronco calls for.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what about Royal Purple? i had some sitting in my Advance Auto shopping cart waiting for them to email me a 20% coupon and now i see this spreadsheet without it on there.

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That list will be terribly misleading for those who don't pay attention to detail. The nice, shiny, easy to reference Yes/No column is for a totally different Ford spec than what the Bronco calls for.
Blame the administrators. They modified the original post.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do tell.

According to the owner's manual for all Bronco engines (2.3L, 2.7L, and 3.0L) there are two oils noted--the specifications which are listed in the sheet are the EXACT same ones noted in the owner's manual. If you have different information, then share it.:

1. 5W-30

Ford Bronco Bronco - Motor Oil Compilation List that meets Ford Spec WSS-M2C961-A1 5W-30 Ford Spec

2. 0W-30

Ford Bronco Bronco - Motor Oil Compilation List that meets Ford Spec WSS-M2C961-A1 0W-30 Ford Spec

And speaking of paying attention to detail you might notice that not once in the post, but twice there are statements:

" NOTE - many of these oils have statements like "Recommended For" or "Meets Requirements Of" and this is not necessarily the same as "Approved", just keep that in mind if warranties are a concern. "

and

"Meets (NOT BE FORD APPROVED)"

If anyone overlooks that, I am not sure how to help them better understand.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what about Royal Purple? i had some sitting in my Advance Auto shopping cart waiting for them to email me a 20% coupon and now i see this spreadsheet without it on there.
Added--still looking for various oils that meet the spec and will update as I find them.

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After learning about the Pennzoil 15 Year/500K warranty from a thread on here - I've been buying the Platinum Full Synthetic and taking to the dealer for my oil changes. I wish I could find the Ultra Platinum locally, but overall can't beat that!

If you take Motor oil or ATF to the dealer you had better WATCH them do the service. Same goes for filters and other parts. I worked at a dealership years ago (1990) and I'm here to tell you most customer supplied oil is not used during your service! For one thing the techs are on FLAT RATE and don't waste time opening quart bottles of oil when they can pump the oil in quickly with a pneumatic oil pump. Another reason is some techs prefer AMSOIL and keep it for their own vehicles. I'm sure this doesn't happen at all dealerships, but it does happen at some of them. A good friend worked at a Ford Dealership for 10 years before opening his own repair shop. The same thing went on there with a certain few dishonest technicians.
If you request a transmission fluid exchange the same holds true. The machine is prefilled with the bulk Motorcraft ATF. If you bring quart bottles they get thrown into a bin and used where a quart is needed or for other services where the machine is not used.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using the Kirkland, I don't think there's a better deal out there. I'm on my 4th oil change with it, 2500, 7500, 10000, and 20000. Yeah, the spacing is kind of weird, just worked out that way.

Blame the administrators.
On it!

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I updated the sheet to include links to the oils (Manufacturer column) and to the PDS where available (Brand column).

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
y'all really overthinking this oil debate. just pick an oil and change every 5-8k depending on your usage
I do not see a debate at all...just sharing of data. Some like the minutia of the detail, others may not.

Speaking only for me, until I see the fuel dilution percentages on a trend, I will not set an arbitrary OCI for the 2.7L. I prefer to make fact based decisions.
Sponsored