Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're crazy if you think you'll be able to fit 34s on the base model stock... on the 60 grand raptor model, sure.

Today's diesels will only go that if you delete them... the emissions garbage is killing them. The gassers will go 200k miles as they're no longer the crappy pushrods that were done by 100k... A 5.0/5.8 windsor was tired at 100k... a 4.6/5.4 are barely broken in by that point... I get a kick out of seeing crown vics in junkyards at 300-400+. The coyote hasn't been around long enough to rack up miles, but I still see 200k work trucks every now and then... I honestly don't see my 6.7 truck - especially the emissions system - lasting 200-300k... Anything you heat to 1100F on a regular basis is gonna eventually fatigue and fail.
On the first count, call me crazy, or at least unstable ;)

also, I don't disagree that emissions can cause more headaches but it's also not 2010 anymore. The 6.7 and its competition are built to last, and in the commercial detuned versions durability testing is to 500k minimum. And the 250k durability minimum on the chassis cert trucks isn't anything to be upset about if you take a look at the testing duty cycle. Also our turbine inlet temps are wayyyy below 1100F so if you are getting temps that high something is very very wrong. Everything should be well under 800, and 800 you should only hit at the turbine after max output for much more than a few seconds of WOT.

Edit, if the 1100 you are referring to is the DPF, those have to pass durability as well, and as long as you use your truck for more than grocery runs it should be fine. (Problem is many people do not use their HD diesels for more than grocery runs/short commutes)

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
:punch:

Bought my 2.7L F-150 in MD. Front plate mount wasn't installed but had EcoBoost specific instructions not to mount in normal/conventional spot... curious if there will be an issue mounting a winch; have to assume aftermarket has solutions... but will Ford have something direct?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought my 2.7L F-150 in MD. Front plate mount wasn't installed but had EcoBoost specific instructions not to mount in normal/conventional spot... curious if there will be an issue mounting a winch; have to assume aftermarket has solutions... but will Ford have something direct?
Do what I do, leave the front plate off and put it in the window, or in my trucks case, center console :p

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That spot looks more like a forward-looking trail cam to me. Or maybe an ultrasonic sensor. Do they still use those?

And yeah, quickest way to tell an ecoboost F150 from the front is the offset license plate, since it has more heat exchangers.

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They offer a winch on the Powerstroke Tremor and it supposedly doesn’t interfere with cooling. Surely they would make the same effort on the Bronco.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They offer a winch on the Powerstroke Tremor and it supposedly doesn’t interfere with cooling. Surely they would make the same effort on the Bronco.
The 6.7 is unique from the ecoboosts in that they use a dual coolant loop system with 2 full flow radiators, the low temp one being used for a water/water intercooler. So the packaging is a bit different. That said, I have no doubt they will deliver, I am having to rub my eyes not to see winch rollers in one of those pics as it is.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 6.7 is unique from the ecoboosts in that they use a dual coolant loop system with 2 full flow radiators, the low temp one being used for a water/water intercooler. So the packaging is a bit different. That said, I have no doubt they will deliver, I am having to rub my eyes not to see winch rollers in one of those pics as it is.
So you’re saying the Bronco will get a water/water intercooler?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you’re saying the Bronco will get a water/water intercooler?
I wish! but not that's not what I am saying, I am just saying they may package things differently. Being a fresh design they have a lot more freedom then something more established like Superduty. But anyway, I cant confirm that that is indeed what I am seeing in the picture anyway.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the first count, call me crazy, or at least unstable ;)

also, I don't disagree that emissions can cause more headaches but it's also not 2010 anymore. The 6.7 and its competition are built to last, and in the commercial detuned versions durability testing is to 500k minimum. And the 250k durability minimum on the chassis cert trucks isn't anything to be upset about if you take a look at the testing duty cycle. Also our turbine inlet temps are wayyyy below 1100F so if you are getting temps that high something is very very wrong. Everything should be well under 800, and 800 you should only hit at the turbine after max output for much more than a few seconds of WOT.

Edit, if the 1100 you are referring to is the DPF, those have to pass durability as well, and as long as you use your truck for more than grocery runs it should be fine. (Problem is many people do not use their HD diesels for more than grocery runs/short commutes)
Yes, I am talking about the DPF... and I'm not using my F450 for grocery runs, but I could definitely see an F150 3.0 or a bronco - if it had that - used for such...

I monitor those temps as I don't want to end up at a campsite in the woods and have the underside of the truck at those temps while I'm on top of dried grass or something and start a forest fire...

And yeah, you're crazy if you think you can go 4" oversized on this:
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 1580330525354

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I am talking about the DPF... and I'm not using my F450 for grocery runs, but I could definitely see an F150 3.0 or a bronco - if it had that - used for such...

I monitor those temps as I don't want to end up at a campsite in the woods and have the underside of the truck at those temps while I'm on top of dried grass or something and start a forest fire...

And yeah, you're crazy if you think you can go 4" oversized on this:
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 1580330525354
3" or 3.5" I guess, but whose counting. I'll probably get the top dog anyway, unless I get struck with some sudden wisdom for financially responsible decisions. In that case, its on my man!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3" or 3.5" I guess, but whose counting. I'll probably get the top dog anyway, unless I get struck with some sudden wisdom for financially responsible decisions. In that case, its on my man!
What's important to me is whether on not the models that aren't as wide as a dually can accept large tires and related upgrades.

If I didn't care how big it was I'd have just gotten a Superduty Tremor already. My decades of experience off roading smaller vehicles tells me I'd rather just avoid as many obstacles as I reasonably can and keep moving so I can see more places -- and conversely trying to do that at high speed is also dangerous as **** (I've somersaulted and cartwheeled down enough hills, thanks).
Sponsored