Sponsored

Ford imposing penalties on dealers who don't sell to original reservation holder?

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think it would be a penalty to those dealerships that are selling the broncos out from under the original reservation holder not a person that chooses not to take delivery.
Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A dealership has stated that Ford will impose penalties on Dealerships that do not sell their Bronco reservations to the original reservation holder. Because of said penalties, the Dealership wants an additional down payment. Is this true? What are the penalties?

@Granger Ford What new penalties will Ford impose on dealerships who do not sell the Bronco to original reservation holder?

thanks

updated: to be clear, I am asking @Granger Ford because they are open and transparent, not because they are the culprit.
This could be a good thing for the buyer in negotiating a better price as dealers don't want to receive penalties.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

... and only a couple dealers being honest.
That's the thing, though. You're talking about playing the same kind of games a shady dealer would. And it's the kind of thing that could force a good dealership's hand to protect themselves.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Granger Ford I'm curious for your response on this.

1. Will Granger be requiring a down payment at time of order?
2. Will it be refundable?
3. How much will it be?
4. If it's non-refundable, how will Granger handle genuine life changes or hardships? Ex. I'm in the military and will receive orders next summer for my next assignment. If I get orders out of country, I will not purchase a bronco. If I get orders keeping me in the US, I will purchase one. But I won't know which until next summer.

Thanks.
Albert has stated in multiple threads that they will not. When I switched my reservation over to him, I got my $100 refunded and I asked if he wanted to charge me $100 for it and he said no. Granger isn't going to surprise us with any fees, hence why a good chunk of us are going with them.

Chris

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the thing, though. You're talking about playing the same kind of games a shady dealer would. And it's the kind of thing that could force a good dealership's hand to protect themselves.
As I was reading this thread I was thinking the same thing . These folks talking about dealers being shady ! LOL

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Albert has stated in multiple threads that they will not. When I switched my reservation over to him, I got my $100 refunded and I asked if he wanted to charge me $100 for it and he said no. Granger isn't going to surprise us with any fees, hence why a good chunk of us are going with them.

Chris
That was my original understanding as well. However, with the recent meeting Ford has with dealers, and the potential penalties incurred, I've heard through the rumor mill Granger will be requiring down payments at order. I called Granger today and the lady said she thinks they will be requiring down payments, but that Albert is the guy to ask.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my original understanding as well. However, with the recent meeting Ford has with dealers, and the potential penalties incurred, I've heard through the rumor mill Granger will be requiring down payments at order. I called Granger today and the lady said she thinks they will be requiring down payments, but that Albert is the guy to ask.
He stated a few different times yesterday in a few different threads that Granger was not requiring anything more than the $100 reservation deposit ..

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I don't know who the "rumor mill" is, but when I ask someone a question that has already earned trust, I'm going to respect the answer. Albert said they wouldn't, so they're not going to. Especially I wouldn't think that they would require reservations from forum members as we are driving most of their marketing right now.

Chris

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He stated a few different times yesterday in a few different threads that Granger was not requiring anything more than the $100 reservation deposit ..
Yeah I'm trying to find those threads. I'm terrible at using the search function.

I guess I don't know who the "rumor mill" is, but when I ask someone a question that has already earned trust, I'm going to respect the answer. Albert said they wouldn't, so they're not going to. Especially I wouldn't think that they would require reservations from forum members as we are driving most of their marketing right now.

Chris
Unsurprisingly, it started on the Facebook group. I'm trying to quell the rumors by getting a recent, direct answer from Albert on this. However, my discussion with Granger on the phone today gave me unease.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, if [@#$%] people don't stop reserving several vehicles for the sole purpose of picking one, they are going to ruin it for everyone. The fix is easy. Require a 10% deposit on your purchase and watch the duplicate reservations disappear. Unfortunately, people who don't have the cash on hand would be most affected. This is why we can't have nice things! ?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I'm trying to find those threads. I'm terrible at using the search function.

Unsurprisingly, it started on the Facebook group. I'm trying to quell the rumors by getting a recent, direct answer from Albert on this. However, my discussion with Granger on the phone today gave me unease.
I tagged you in where he said no additional deposit is required
Not sure it worked

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if [@#$%] people don't stop reserving several vehicles for the sole purpose of picking one, they are going to ruin it for everyone. The fix is easy. Require a 10% deposit on your purchase and watch the duplicate reservations disappear. Unfortunately, people who don't have the cash on hand would be most affected. This is why we can't have nice things! ?
Thats why I don't think there is a "one size fits all" answer. As long as the name of the game is get the product to the people that want it, and make $ doing it its all good. Dealers can use thier own judgment and individual situations are going to vary. Im waiting to hear back from my dealer on this topic...but I told em if they ask for a downstroke of some kind I won't take it the wrong way!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Granger Ford I'm curious for your response on this.

3. How much will it be?
4. If it's non-refundable, how will Granger handle genuine life changes or hardships? Ex. I'm in the military and will receive orders next summer for my next assignment. If I get orders out of country, I will not purchase a bronco. If I get orders keeping me in the US, I will purchase one. But I won't know which until next summer.

Thanks.
I got this. I've spent way too much time on here. Hopefully this will be my last post for the week ;)

1. No
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. If you go through with your order, they WILL NOT force you to buy the car if you cannot or are not willing.

Edit---- This appears to have been answered 4x before mine :) HAHAHAHA

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NO

The $100 deposit - Yes

3. How much will it be?

$0

4. If it's non-refundable,

Not applicable...

Thanks.
Sponsored