John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So already knowing my current order is going to be an extremely long wait, I decided to see if I could get an order in with another dealer to shorten the wait.

I got a line on one dealer selling at invoice and was talking with a sales guy. Tried to get information on current orders and allocations and I kept getting the "I can find out". Never did get an answer. Don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in already.

I have since contacted four other dealers that are selling at orders at MSRP. Every single one just kind of disappears. Talked to a salesman at each to get a feel for them and their dealer. When I decide to commit to an order the communication just stops. I tired following up with each but I'm not going to keep hounding them or beg them to take my business.

I understand they are busy. But it really isn't that hard to return a call or text and get the order submitted. It's pretty much an easy sale. Not like they have to do much work for it. Submit the order and then just wait until it gets built.

There really isn't such a thing as good customer service anymore. I remember days where you couldn't walk on a dealer lot without getting pounced on. And if you left your contact information you would get several follow up calls.

Times have sure changed.
This is why the current business model needs to change. We should be able to order directly from Ford and pick the dealer we want for delivery and service. Not complicated.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
They get asked the same questions 100x a day by people who are not serious about ordering and the serious ones get lost in the shuffle. In their mind a serious customer would just order it.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They get asked the same questions 100x a day by people who are not serious about ordering and the serious ones get lost in the shuffle. In their mind a serious customer would just order it.
Which is exactly what I was trying to do. But when it comes time to order they just stop communicating. As I said I'm not going to beg for them to take my business.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last I saw on his post at Avis he had over 200 orders still to fill and were ā€œpacingā€ sales. I take that as they are trying not to get upside down on allocations. I think he goes by Josh Prieto here on the forum. Someone asked him the question here and he said I can try and get you a MY22. I think some dealers may not be responding because they know they donā€™t have allocation or donā€™t want to get upside down, or if you are not local patron. There are some dealers, as one experienced in these post, that are wanting their allocations to go to local customers. Mine included. They add $5000 surcharge to out of town orders. I am friends with the GM and he told me he wants his local customers to be able to order from him if they want a bronco, and not all of his allocation tied up from out of town buyers or by someone just wanting to turn around and resell at a profit. I would walk in a few dealerships within a 50 mile radius of where you live and see if you can look them in the face and get a straight shooter.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And so the BS continues. One of four finally got back to me. He had my order and told me it would get submitted Wednesday. Didn't hear anything or get an email so I sent him a message Thursday morning to check for an update. He replied back and said he handed the order to the tower and it should be submitted that day. Didn't hear anything all day and sent another message for an update. Said they were swamped all day and he was going to get the order sheet over to me to check and confirm. Friday nothing. Saturday nothing. This is ridiculous.
Sponsored