First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was thinking the same thing Chris. It seems that many car salepeople just can't break the "bad customer service" habit ingrained in them. Pretty sad.
The dealer me and my wife use as well as my father is 3 hours away from us.

I had one salesman me and my father would buy from for over 12 years (not the current dealer we use)he left and I tried dealing with another guy. Then I tried other local dealers and I honestly wanted to knock the shit out of most of them.

The guy we used would send us new inventory updates, he would start about a year or two after we purchased original vehicle also would call with rebates etc. we honestly felt like he wanted to sell us a vehicle at the lowest price and we trusted him 100%. He would also do everything over phone and text, when we committed he would have all paperwork ready when we arrived. It would take 15 to 30 minutes to sign and drive.

Our current dealer I found when my wife needed a new car, she had a little escape with over 200k miles on it that was done. She wanted a Edge and I found 2 new 2017 Edges in 2019 that were still on lots. I called both and the one just kept on about “when can you come in” bullish!t. The other did everything through text after the initial call. We drove 3 hours to get it after haggling for four days. When we arrived all paperwork was ready. So we’ve been dealing with them since.

You can find a good salesman and dealer it may not be local though and you’ll have to deal with countless sh!t stain @ssholes.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer me and my wife use as well as my father is 3 hours away from us.

I had one salesman me and my father would buy from for over 12 years (not the current dealer we use)he left and I tried dealing with another guy. Then I tried other local dealers and I honestly wanted to knock the shit out of most of them.

The guy we used would send us new inventory updates, he would start about a year or two after we purchased original vehicle also would call with rebates etc. we honestly felt like he wanted to sell us a vehicle at the lowest price and we trusted him 100%. He would also do everything over phone and text, when we committed he would have all paperwork ready when we arrived. It would take 15 to 30 minutes to sign and drive.

Our current dealer I found when my wife needed a new car, she had a little escape with over 200k miles on it that was done. She wanted a Edge and I found 2 new 2017 Edges in 2019 that were still on lots. I called both and the one just kept on about “when can you come in” bullish!t. The other did everything through text after the initial call. We drove 3 hours to get it after haggling for four days. When we arrived all paperwork was ready. So we’ve been dealing with them since.

You can find a good salesman and dealer it may not be local though and you’ll have to deal with countless sh!t stain @ssholes.
I understand Chris. I have one guy at my local dealer I've dealt with for years. He knows when I contact him that I'm ready to buy, and that I know all I need to know about the vehicle I'm interested in buying. He has always went above, and beyond to give me the best deal. We did a deal on a new Ranger last year. Truck stickered for $28,985, and I walked out with with a $24,700 deal. When he retires, I'm sunk. :)

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh the Times of Change are truly on are doorstep. If you are following the Stock Market and listening to the Fed. WOW I mean WOW the FED is now saying 5 rate HIKES this year. If anyone here does not think this will change things you are a young one. The FAKE MONEY the government handed out is so done. I mean HELLO everyone the everyone is RICH days are coming to an end. My selling dealer just had a special order Bronco come in and the person called and said due to Financial challenges cannot afford to buy the Bronco at this time. And for anyone here you just need to be patient 2022 is not going to look the same by mid late year.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh the Times of Change are truly on are doorstep. If you are following the Stock Market and listening to the Fed. WOW I mean WOW the FED is now saying 5 rate HIKES this year. If anyone here does not think this will change things you are a young one. The FAKE MONEY the government handed out is so done. I mean HELLO everyone the everyone is RICH days are coming to an end. My selling dealer just had a special order Bronco come in and the person called and said due to Financial challenges cannot afford to buy the Bronco at this time. And for anyone here you just need to be patient 2022 is not going to look the same by mid late year.
I understand exactly what you're saying GG. I lived through the Jimmy Carter years when home loans were at double digit rates. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So already knowing my current order is going to be an extremely long wait, I decided to see if I could get an order in with another dealer to shorten the wait.

I got a line on one dealer selling at invoice and was talking with a sales guy. Tried to get information on current orders and allocations and I kept getting the "I can find out". Never did get an answer. Don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in already.

I have since contacted four other dealers that are selling at orders at MSRP. Every single one just kind of disappears. Talked to a salesman at each to get a feel for them and their dealer. When I decide to commit to an order the communication just stops. I tired following up with each but I'm not going to keep hounding them or beg them to take my business.

I understand they are busy. But it really isn't that hard to return a call or text and get the order submitted. It's pretty much an easy sale. Not like they have to do much work for it. Submit the order and then just wait until it gets built.

There really isn't such a thing as good customer service anymore. I remember days where you couldn't walk on a dealer lot without getting pounced on. And if you left your contact information you would get several follow up calls.

Times have sure changed.
I encountered a little resistance getting my order placed back in July of last year. I felt like I wasn't a priority......

Because I wasn't. They don't get any money for "taking an order" they get paid when the vehicle sells and they are well aware the wait is 6-8 months or longer.

What you need to do is print out your build sheet and drive to a dealership where you know they will sell at MSRP and get your order placed.

Dealers aren't going to tell you what their allocation numbers are, how many orders they have, what spot in line you'll be in etc.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They don't gave any inventory and probably a long list of orders above and beyond their allocation. Im sure most are tired of getting yelled at and trying to explain this wonky ordering process and that they have no idea when you'll get your bronco.

Most Broncos on dealer sites are auto populated and are all ready taken retail customer orders. Most are only going to have available stock if someone backed out, they tried to screw someone with an adm and stole their order, or they had an employe reserve and order one which wasn't even supposed to be able to happen.

So there aren't or sure shouldn't be many new unowned Broncos out there. So they have very little incentive to talk to you right now sadly, especially when on commission.

Sucks, but it is the reality of how things are right now.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I encountered a little resistance getting my order placed back in July of last year. I felt like I wasn't a priority......

Because I wasn't. They don't get any money for "taking an order" they get paid when the vehicle sells and they are well aware the wait is 6-8 months or longer.

What you need to do is print out your build sheet and drive to a dealership where you know they will sell at MSRP and get your order placed.

Dealers aren't going to tell you what their allocation numbers are, how many orders they have, what spot in line you'll be in etc.
Good advice and dead on.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had something similar happen to me. I was trying to find a dealership to place a second order with no reservation. I emailed one about thirty minutes away from me and asked if they would sell to me at msrp. I figured they would since I have read about some others on the forum purchasing from the same dealer at msrp with no issues. They replied back and said there was no adm on customer ordered vehicle which is what I expected. I emailed back to set up a time to come in and meet with the sales managers and place my order. On the day of my appointment with the sales manager he emailed me at 11a.m. just to makes sure I would be there at 1p.m. for my appointment. I replied back within 30 minutes and said I would be there on time. When I got there I asked for him at the front desk. I had to sit around for ten minutes. Then a sales manager who was not even the same guy walked up and said he would take care of me and said the guy I was supposed to meet with was on lunch break 🙄. He asked about what I was wanting so I gave him my specs and he walked away for about five minutes. He comes back with two printed out window stickers of abandoned order not matching even closet to what I wanted. He offered either at msrp and I denied because it was not what I wanted. After that he proceeds to tell me that I wouldn’t be able to place an order without a reservation. Now this was last December well after Ford stopped taking reservations. At that point I thought I was just being played with but I didn’t call him out as I didn’t want to do business with that liar. So I just left. I ended up finding another dealership to place my order with no problems.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread make me check my trade in value.... WOW....

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Somebody ranggggg... kidding - Hey Steve! Shoot me a DM happy to help :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, BMW 535xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steve, since you're up north you might try @JoshuaPrieto at Avis. They are selling at MSRP, and have some good google reviews. Just a thought.
When I called Avis about putting in a second order (since I might be waiting a while at another dealership), they told me they were charging "MSRP plus $5K" and he wouldn't move off of the ADM. You might have better luck than me. I am not sure which salesperson I talked to.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's all tied in to the "Anti-Work" movement. See Reddit. It's real.
Sponsored