First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So already knowing my current order is going to be an extremely long wait, I decided to see if I could get an order in with another dealer to shorten the wait.

I got a line on one dealer selling at invoice and was talking with a sales guy. Tried to get information on current orders and allocations and I kept getting the "I can find out". Never did get an answer. Don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in already.

I have since contacted four other dealers that are selling at orders at MSRP. Every single one just kind of disappears. Talked to a salesman at each to get a feel for them and their dealer. When I decide to commit to an order the communication just stops. I tired following up with each but I'm not going to keep hounding them or beg them to take my business.

I understand they are busy. But it really isn't that hard to return a call or text and get the order submitted. It's pretty much an easy sale. Not like they have to do much work for it. Submit the order and then just wait until it gets built.

There really isn't such a thing as good customer service anymore. I remember days where you couldn't walk on a dealer lot without getting pounced on. And if you left your contact information you would get several follow up calls.

Times have sure changed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless you go in person they tend not to take you seriously - they are probably getting many phone calls that never pan out.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are getting paid on commission and with the turn over on dealer sales staff, likely are not going to be there when your Bronco comes in. Ergo, no commission. Why would they have any motivation to waste their time on you? (if you are going to come back with pride in their work and ethical work habits for their employer, we are talking about car salesmen here...)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They’re not busy, most hardly have any inventory. My local Ford dealer has four new cars and 6 used cars.
Its starting to bounce back a little but absolutely. Talked to a ford dealer. Normally by now they would have 200+ new and 100+ used.
currently they have like 20 of each.
December they had 10 total

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you go in person they tend not to take you seriously - they are probably getting many phone calls that never pan out.
Three of the four I came across on the FB Bronco group soliciting sales. The fourth was a referral. I have not cold called any dealer.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t think a lot of those Broncos shown at MSRP are really intended for sale and just there to create interest and generate phone calls. At least for now, the only vehicles they’ll get serious with you about are those that are marked up. There were a couple FE’s shown on dealer inventory here in Phoenix at MSRP. When I called it was a abrupt “already sold“ and no further conversation. Obviously this scenario will change as the months go by and Bronco supply equals Bronco demand and also as other similar vehicles are more available, i.e., competition.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a weird one that I personally encountered. I'm in for a long wait in allocation purgatory with Granger. I had walk-in orders placed (not expecting an early build date, but anything sooner than MY'24 that is expected with my original reservation with Granger.) So I was scouring acceptable demos to buy (2-dr only) and found one on the other side of the river from where I live. It takes me 40 minutes to travel back roads to get there.

It was a 2-dr OBX LUX Leather less than 1000 miles. A gently used demo with no deposit on it and available Feb. 1. I right away put a deposit on it. In getting the purchase order together, the salesman needed a copy of my driver's license at which point he noted my address. He wasn't familiar with my location (not unusual for some to live/die on one side of the river and never venture across). All the paperwork was done and signed. He said he would submit it to his sales manager for approval.

Alright, I just assumed it would be a rubber stamp process. Sales manager called a few days later stating they were voiding the purchase order and refunding the deposit. He stated it was their dealership's policy not to sell outside of their service area. Selling a vehicle isn't enough, but they are after that sweet oil change money.

Crazy to me, but thankfully the very next week, I received a VIN and a build date of 3/28 for one of my walk-in orders. So it was better off that the demo deal fell through and I get a Bronco built for me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’re not busy, most hardly have any inventory. My local Ford dealer has four new cars and 6 used cars.
I was thinking the same thing Chris. It seems that many car salepeople just can't break the "bad customer service" habit ingrained in them. Pretty sad.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is a weird one that I personally encountered. I'm in for a long wait in allocation purgatory with Granger. I had walk-in orders placed (not expecting an early build date, but anything sooner than MY'24 that is expected with my original reservation with Granger.) So I was scouring acceptable demos to buy (2-dr only) and found one on the other side of the river from where I live. It takes me 40 minutes to travel back roads to get there.

It was a 2-dr OBX LUX Leather less than 1000 miles. A gently used demo with no deposit on it and available Feb. 1. I right away put a deposit on it. In getting the purchase order together, the salesman needed a copy of my driver's license at which point he noted my address. He wasn't familiar with my location (not unusual for some to live/die on one side of the river and never venture across). All the paperwork was done and signed. He said he would submit it to his sales manager for approval.

Alright, I just assumed it would be a rubber stamp process. Sales manager called a few days later stating they were voiding the purchase order and refunding the deposit. He stated it was their dealership's policy not to sell outside of their service area. Selling a vehicle isn't enough, but they are after that sweet oil change money.

Crazy to me, but thankfully the very next week, I received a VIN and a build date of 3/28 for one of my walk-in orders. So it was better off that the demo deal fell through and I get a Bronco built for me.
That's not the first time I have heard of a dealer refusing to sell outside of their service area.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not the first time I have heard of a dealer refusing to sell outside of their service area.
For me, it was the first time that I've heard of such a clause. It seems crazy to me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Steve, since you're up north you might try @JoshuaPrieto at Avis. They are selling at MSRP, and have some good google reviews. Just a thought.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think a lot of those Broncos shown at MSRP are really intended for sale and just there to create interest and generate phone calls. At least for now, the only vehicles they’ll get serious with you about are those that are marked up. There were a couple FE’s shown on dealer inventory here in Phoenix at MSRP. When I called it was a abrupt “already sold“ and no further conversation. Obviously this scenario will change as the months go by and Bronco supply equals Bronco demand and also as other similar vehicles are more available, i.e., competition.
Exactly. Thats been Dodges model for years now. They arnt selling alot of Hellcats and Demons and redeyes. But having them on the lot gets people to buy the RT and GT.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
A salesman is in no rush to sell "their" inventory at MSRP. Inventory is short and they are hungry. As a consumer that is not our problem, but they can set the price at whatever they want. Customers can chose whether or not to accept it. In some way or another they do have to cover expenses. Over the phone will only get you so far, they want to get you in the door, maybe you'll take a bronco sport instead or what ever they have in stock.

No one would be happy if they found out their current dealer was selling Broncos to walk in customers at MSRP while they are on a waiting list.
Sponsored