First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My reservation date for the first Bronco is late July 16 and the second reservation is August 02. Using the known (if actually correct) base number of 10114000 as the starting point for reservations, I am in the 109,000 range for the first and 239,000 range for the second vehicle. I am very tempted to pass the first reservation and wait.
There isnt 239,000 reservations as of right now and certainly not on Aug 2

Those numbers on reservation mean nothing

Current reservations are @185k

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many people giving experiences of having bought 5-10 new model year vehicles.

do y’all buy a new car every 3 years?
I’m 39 yrs old and I’ve had 3 vehicles since turning 16. One of those I only had ~1 year when I first turned 16 was my dads old blazer. 1986 K5 and it was awesome.

I’ve only purchased 2 cars for myself in 20 years.

my wife has had 4 cars in the last 20 years.

I just have never understood the drive to buy a new car every 2-3 years. Its the worst investment you could ever make.

Having said that I’m doing something new with this bronco.
This will be a for fun/extra vehicle. I will also likely keep it for 20 + years. I have no worries about it being a first run because of all the testing that they have done over the last several years.

My current daily driver is a 2000 Lexus. It’s still going strong and I plan on it running for at least 5 more years.

maybe some of y’all need to read the book the millionaire next door. I read it a long time ago and still make decisions based off that today. This for fun 55k bronco will be bought with cash because of it.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take off the "MEH" part of the choice.......I can wait, but there is nothing "MEH" about it, it is a difficult decision.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe some of y’all need to read the book the millionaire next door. I read it a long time ago and still make decisions based off that today. This for fun 55k bronco will be bought with cash because of it.

Funny, I read that book when I was much Younger ( 58 now) and that is one of the parts that still hangs with me, own a vehicle for at least ten years, have done that most of my life. Still not quite a millionaire though.... :(

Sponsored

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m okay to wait. First, get the first-year bugs worked out. Second, my kids will start driving and I’ll need a vehicle.

Finally, the GX does well off road and will still be used to tow (like the FJ before it). Although it might stay cleaner when the Bronco arrives! But it’s time for some top-off slow fun.

OP
OP
Byrd-Burb

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts on reliability aren’t really my biggest issue. I’m sure the Bronco will be fine with all of the heavy testing they are doing. That said, it’s a very very small sample test group. Real testing doesn’t happen until the car hits the hills with Joe Shmoe behind the wheel. The testers appear to be ripping in the Broncos, but we all know they know the limits of the Bronco and they aren’t completely bashing them. It will be us, the first owners, who run the things past what the testers did and will inevitably, be the source of future upgrades/improvements.

I’m more concerned with the possibility of options in future model years. They will include whatever minor or major changes come from the first gen owners. They may also include different trims like the warthog, basesquatch and anything else they come up with.

My dilemma is, why not wait? Nothing to loose with x plan.

but I completely understand those who are clicking the Buy Now button.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be taking Zach up on the October Granger offer. I'm waiting till the end of the month so that I'm purposely at the back of the line. When I submit my order, it also will be at the end of January so again, I'll be at the back of the line. Hopefully, with the delay, Ford will announce 2022 MY changes (White Top, please?) before a VIN is assigned to my build. If the VIN is issued before, then there won't be much I can do to take advantage of the new offerings. It still buys me time to save while also paying down my mortgage.

So while I am getting a Bronco, I guess I am in the "Wait" option.

Reactions: Ksm

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny, I read that book when I was much Younger ( 58 now) and that is one of the parts that still hangs with me, own a vehicle for at least ten years....
Same here, and pay cash if you can. I'm waiting for the next big bomb to drop: financing!

If Ford does something wonderful like offer 0% for 24 months, I'll put down a chunk of cash (leave the rest in a money market), finance the rest, and pay it off in two years. If not, then cash it is.

Sponsored

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah... Haven't requested my refund yet but I'm out. More so on my reality check that this car would burn a hole through my wallet. But now I have no clue what my option B is.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my hopes up due to the places they're using for testing. Most cars go over some gravel or a series of speed bumps and get the thumbs up as long as they don't blow up. Ford has taken these to the Rubicon, Moab, and Johnson Valley.

Like a great captain once said, "if anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there."

Ford Bronco Anyone thinking of waiting? F1270ACF-97DD-4ADA-A21E-7000878E12D7

I love this. Captain Ron may be a sub conscience personal hero of mine...

But what does anyone actually expect to fail on a fresh new vehicle? Only ? In my mind is if my beloved 7 speed MT is actually being assembled in chiiiina.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this. Captain Ron may be a sub conscience personal hero of mine...

But what does anyone actually expect to fail on a fresh new vehicle? Only ? In my mind is if my beloved 7 speed MT is actually being assembled in chiiiina.
I'm concerned about the manual, but I will probably just avoid pushing it on trails or at stoplights for a while longer than I otherwise would have.

The other high-risk areas that need to be done right the first time are the tops and seals, the disconnect, and that Navy Blue interior...so hot! ;) ?

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah... Haven't requested my refund yet but I'm out. More so on my reality check that this car would burn a hole through my wallet. But now I have no clue what my option B is.
Very likely. Did some upgrades to the 08 FJ but only tires and rear bags on the 16 GX. I bought the 12 Mustang GT from my dad, already has track pack and Ford performance tuner, all set.

My dream combo a decade ago was an FJ and Mustang. Now it’s that Mustang and Bronco. I love big round lights!!

In general, kids temper spending! And, I want cheap and cheerful.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can't wait any longer. My 2013 Chevy Cruze has had better days. Chevy can't fix the issues that people have had since the first model year.
The tranny in my 2012 started making noise right at the five year mark when the warranty expired. It's been four years and it's still holding but that was a real piss off. What is up with yours?
Sponsored