Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There isnt 239,000 reservations as of right now and certainly not on Aug 2

Those numbers on reservation mean nothing

Current reservations are @185k
Where did you hear 185K? I hope that’s correct. Because if so moving from August to October is barely moving back at all.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many people giving experiences of having bought 5-10 new model year vehicles.

do y’all buy a new car every 3 years?
I’m 39 yrs old and I’ve had 3 vehicles since turning 16. One of those I only had ~1 year when I first turned 16 was my dads old blazer. 1986 K5 and it was awesome.

I’ve only purchased 2 cars for myself in 20 years.

my wife has had 4 cars in the last 20 years.

I just have never understood the drive to buy a new car every 2-3 years. Its the worst investment you could ever make.

Having said that I’m doing something new with this bronco.
This will be a for fun/extra vehicle. I will also likely keep it for 20 + years. I have no worries about it being a first run because of all the testing that they have done over the last several years.

My current daily driver is a 2000 Lexus. It’s still going strong and I plan on it running for at least 5 more years.

maybe some of y’all need to read the book the millionaire next door. I read it a long time ago and still make decisions based off that today. This for fun 55k bronco will be bought with cash because of it.
Im 35 and I’ve had 4 brand new cars, last one bought when I was 34 and I’ve bought 5. This will be my wife’s second brand new car but if it was up to her she would still be driving her 1998 civic POS. I’m on my 7th car since 16 and my wife her 3rd and I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done. You don’t understand how people can drive new cars all the time and I don’t understand how people can drive 20 year old cars.

It’s only money, might as well enjoy it.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not willing to wait. I will be 56 at year end and in a position that I will be able to have the Bronco for many years (now working from home full time). So bring it on and let’s enjoy the fun ASAP.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm fine with "first model year" depending on the vehicle, and assuming the major components (especially engines) have been tried and tested in other vehicles. You'll get the best deals on models that have been out for 6+ years and are ready for a refresh, but sometimes that's less fun. You've got to balance the savings vs. the novelty of something new (and also, in the case of an older model, the fact that your "new" vehicle will likely depreciate drastically when the facelifted version starts showing up on the market and yours now looks old). In any case, I'm more concerned with the vehicle being exactly what I want/need in a given point in time, verses where it falls in the model run. No mainstream auto manufacturer builds a new car truly from scratch, it would totally cost prohibitive.

* Bought a 2017 VW Golf Alltrack for our family runabout - that was a first model year, but based on the MKVII Golf which had been around a few years already. Minor suspension issues were ironed out under warranty. 50k miles in it's got a minor HVAC quirk with the outside air/recirculate stepper motor making clicking noises - I need to investigate, but that's not unexpected from a VW to be honest.

* Bought a 2020 Nissan Versa for a cheap commuter - also a first model year, in August 2019 no less (must be one of the first ones built as it was MONTHS before I saw another on the road) - but the engine has been used in several Renaults in Europe and the whole package was significantly upgraded over the *very tired* 2019s so it was worth rolling the dice on the new generation. 0 issues so far 15k miles in.

* Pulled the trigger on the October Granger the morning of 10/1, so I'm way at the back of the line. If I even get a 2021 model year, they'll have had 100,000+ units ahead of mine to iron out any quirks. Engine has been in use in Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS, so no worries there. And I'm comfortable with Ford's R&D, especially in their truck department, so literally zero worries on this one.

My other dozen or so cars have all been later in the model run or (sometime very) old used market vehicles, again simply depending on wants, needs, and budget at that moment in time.

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where did you hear 185K? I hope that’s correct. Because if so moving from August to October is barely moving back at all.
Local dealership

Not sure how accurate that number is,just what i was told today

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it means getting whatbi really want vs. getting what I only sort of want then for sure I'll wait. Better to have patience than regret.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im 35 and I’ve had 4 brand new cars, last one bought when I was 34 and I’ve bought 5. This will be my wife’s second brand new car but if it was up to her she would still be driving her 1998 civic POS. I’m on my 7th car since 16 and my wife her 3rd and I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done. You don’t understand how people can drive new cars all the time and I don’t understand how people can drive 20 year old cars.

It’s only money, might as well enjoy it.
To each his own.
Enjoy what you want and how you want.
Just don’t be mad at me when I retire at 60.
And don’t expect me to pay for you or anyone else because you haven’t planned ahead.
As long as that is the case do what you want and spend your money as you see fit.
That is what is so great about America! God bless this land of opportunity!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, it's now or not at all. I'm getting too old to play games. B & P will shed a little more on how likely I am to follow through with the sale. I'll order and decide when it arrives. I may not be able to resist once in the drivers seat. Right now, there are too many unknowns to commit to anything.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, I read that book when I was much Younger ( 58 now) and that is one of the parts that still hangs with me, own a vehicle for at least ten years, have done that most of my life. Still not quite a millionaire though.... :(
Here I am at 50 starting to rethink keeping them until they have a near zero value... the trading in at NO MORE than 60k miles is starting to sound like a better plan, considering the costs of new vehicles today......minimal trade in now requires a 20K down payment on some of these trucks in order to see a decent mo. payment.
I should have bought TWO of those $20k cars 20 years ago and kept one in DEEP storage! LOL

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am waiting. We are all waiting. We’ve all been waiting.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To each his own.
And don’t expect me to pay for you or anyone else because you haven’t planned ahead.
As long as that is the case do what you want and spend your money as you see fit.

Absolutely!! I had been wondering how all these folks are buying $350000 houses and several $60k cars in the garage.
Turns out too many of them are getting paid HUGE BUCKS ....but are not saving a PENNY.
Not everyone for sure, but my neighbors...sheesh...once the truth came out, I look at them in a different light.

Here I am at 50, stopped in at my HR two weeks back to get the nitty gritty on our retirement because I can retire on a pension as early as 55!!!
The ideal is 62 and I'd be sitting REAL nice at that point .... but ya know, it'd be nice to get away from all those a-holes a few years sooner! LOL

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised the moderators haven't shut this thread down like they did mine when I brought up a similar topic and similar poll. I emailed them for a reason, but no answer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not waiting and I'm not worried, but I did get screwed buying a first year model Volvo once. My wife drives almost 40K miles a year and the Volvo was out of warranty within 18 months of ownership. Something went wrong and it dropped two valves. Brand new engine design and the only replacement head I could find was new from Sweden. Thankfully the piston and cylinder wall was OK or it would have really been bad.

Anyway, yeah, some things can go wrong with owning first year models, but I'm not worried. Overall my luck with vehicles has been great and I expect good things from the Bronco.

As per the other conversation, I usually keep my vehicle 10 years and my wife keeps hers 2-3 years. We also have a spare vehicle that is less than 10 years old, low miles, that's rarely driven. I could get a vehicle sooner, but I'd rather spend that money on other things. To me a vehicle is a tool.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To each his own.
Thank you, I will. Thankfully some of us are able to not only enjoy our money and live our lives, we’re able to significantly invest in our retirements as well, even though this is none of your business. I do agree about the land of opportunity though, it just appears it’s been a lot better for some of us. Enjoy your 20 year old Lexus! ?
Sponsored