Sponsored

Are we over thinking what waiting until 2022 means?

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we all want a Bronco, and we know Bronco reservations are high. We also know that Marketing likes to use tricky words to build hype and excitement. At the end of the day, Ford NEEDs to sell a S*** ton of Bronco's and will make sure that everyone that wants one will get it, eventually. They have an entire new team of upper managers, with a goal of becoming profitable.

With that being said, do they mean that production will run into 2022, but in reality we get our Broncos in the year 2021? Think about it, have you ever bought a new car, the car model year was a year high than then year you were in? My first truck I ever bought was a 2008 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner and the year I actually bought it in was 2007 (loved that truck, and cried when I had to sell it). Is Fords meaning of having to wait to get one in 2022 really mean, we have to wait for the 2022 model year?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It could mean anything at this point. They may be trying to sell all reserved Broncos as 2021MY even if they get delivered into 2022CY just to give them more meaning. Or there may be some late availability colours, options, packages (like Mansquatch for example) that end up in 2022MY just due to when they can be produced.

In the end how much does it really matter?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one really knows at this point what will happen. We might all get them in 2021 or there could be serious delays and we get them in 2022. They might be 2021s or 2022s....Its anyones guess.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It could mean anything at this point. They may be trying to sell all reserved Broncos as 2021MY even if they get delivered into 2022CY just to give them more meaning. Or there may be some late availability colours, options, packages (like Mansquatch for example) that end up in 2022MY just due to when they can be produced.

With the current plan, it doesn't appear they can build enough to cover all orders. Ranger is built on the same line and they only plan 2 shifts 5 days a week with some Saturdays. They could possibly get the union to agree to more hours. Once B & P is released, that will shake out some reservations and again when it comes time to place orders and when the people at the back end realize how long 2 years really is.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, I don't care what MY they call my Bronco as long as I get it. I'm not already calculating resale value or what I'm getting next. I plan on having and using it for as long as I can. Just give it to me as soon as you can and call it whatever you want. I don't care.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they will pump them out faster than people are expecting.....

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whats this Mansquatch everyone is referring too?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whats this Mansquatch everyone is referring too?
After the launch it came to light that the Sasquatch package was not going to be available with the manual transmission. There was a predictably (although not to Ford for some reason) strong response from the community and a short while ago it was announced that the two could be had together. Manual+Sasquatch

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It matters because we either are all going to get our Broncos next year, or an entire year later. I personally think we will all get it next year and Ford is playing marketing tricks to build more hype. They will find a way.

When they say “it will take until 2022 to build all reservationists”, what dose it mean? I know this is a rhetorical question, just trying to get peoples thoughts.

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I don't care what MY they call my Bronco as long as I get it. I'm not already calculating resale value or what I'm getting next. I plan on having and using it for as long as I can. Just give it to me as soon as you can and call it whatever you want. I don't care.
I’m not thinking of resale value either. Just how long do I need to wait to get my hands on one. Marketing people like to use tricky words into making us think one thing, and do another. Once I get my Bronco it’s not for sale.
Sponsored