First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so can anyone tell where the oil filter is?
The current Ranger 2.3l eco is behind the wheel well on the drivers side, have no idea if the Bronco will be in the same place..? The 2.7l Eco is on the top of the engine... Looks like you'll have to remove the skid plate to drain the oil for both tho...
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I did some homework :) I think the loop was always there and it's up by the transfer case, so should not be a big deal. Fingers crossed. See attached photos.
Ekim, thank you so much! I was trying to figure out how to explain it. I grabbed your pics and added a little detail. I really can't imagine Ford putting a loop in the position of the rear structural cross-member.

These pics are all about perspective and detail. The new ones have about 1/4 of the crap on them that the old photos have so it is hard to recognize it all. The loop is far enough forward to not impede the swing of the drive shaft. If anything it appears to be at the pivot point of the shaft and the trans. The aft cross-member is way above the bottom depth of the wheels.

Green Loop, Blue Drive Shaft, Yellow rear diff, purple is the cross member.

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension FrameHoop_bronco_parts_01-

I will choose this all day long to go running with Jeeps, and smile with them the whole time. Its all good off the pavement. My wife rolls a Rubi and I can't wait to explore the southwest with the whole family, in two fine rides.

Peace Bronco's

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These angle look legit. Looks like different suspension too. I am hyper sensitive to CV angles coming from a lifted 5th Gen 4Runner...you can tell.
Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension FrameHoop_bronco_parts_01-

View attachment 43578
These are two stages of build. This pic shows a more accurate look, because this Frame has an engine and driveline.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an engineer, these pics are AWESOME!

for everyone else, chill TFO.

you guys need to chill out on the tow points. You really think those wouldn’t be strong enough? ?

and the frame “hoop”. Seriously NBD. There is likely virtually very little driveshaft displacement at that point. Not worried about lifting.

and CV angles? Said already but cmon use your noggin. The thing has no body or powertrain in it!
I am not an engineer but I have faith in the hundreds of millions of dollar bills Ford has in this thing. I've seen enough video to know this can handle more than most will ever throw at it. And if somebody thinks its not enough, so be it. Buy a Jeep.

Peace Bronco's

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you guys need to chill out on the tow points. You really think those wouldn’t be strong enough? ?
I've spoken with a few tow bar manufactures and had experience with OEM. Generally speaking OEM will say something like "we leave tow points up to the aftermarket and don't design for them".

Aftermarket says "we must attach to the frame and wimpy 16 gauge bumper mounts don't measure up." This usually results in a base-plate that's mounted to the bottom and possibly side of the frame. Often these are mounted low and risk getting damaged when off-roading.

If Ford designed those bumper mounts to be sufficient for flat towing I would expect at the very least for there to be some gussets there, or thicker material. These photos don't give much detail, but from what I see it's been engineered as a bumper mount and not a tow point.

After market bumper manufactures whose bumpers are rated for towing usually add a bolt in gusset that ties the frame into the bumper mount. 2 holes in the frame and ties to two holes in the outer bumper mount.

Since Ford has said the Bronco was designed to be flat towed - I would expect to see some evidence of that in the frame.

The fact that they have a huge yellow D-Ring mounted there doesn't mean much to me. Until proven otherwise, I'll consider that to be as functional as something like "simulated" bead-lock wheels...

It's possible I'm mistaken and those bumper mounts are sufficient for towing. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Something like this with 2 bolts to the frame, two to the bumper mount. The 5th hole is a safety cable attachment point. Note the two gussets at the top and bottom of the tie-in bracket.

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension jft1801_install_11

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, I did some homework :) I think the loop was always there and it's up by the transfer case, so should not be a big deal. Fingers crossed. See attached photos.

View attachment 43569

[EDIT]
Here's one more photo, it's all good. The hoop is at the transfer case connection. Seems like not such a big deal. I'll sleep better :)

[/EDIT]
Great now fuel tank under gf?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The current Ranger 2.3l eco is behind the wheel well on the drivers side, have no idea if the Bronco will be in the same place..? The 2.7l Eco is on the top of the engine... Looks like you'll have to remove the skid plate to drain the oil for both tho...
WOW, that will be great if they put the filter up there, but draining will be a pain in the A$$

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of angry people :mad: spewing mumbo-jumbo about hooks, angles, mounts,? bolt thickness, etc. I'm sure all those little parts ⚙ will work just fine and I'll never touch or worry about them. Anyway, those two ? ORANGE thing-ies sticking out the front sure will look cool on my Cyber Orange ? Badlands (or ?Black Diamond). :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything looks good but the tire. But those will be replaced fater 30k miles or so.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is funny that they have the label of wrangler on their tires, I would have flipped the tires over to hide that lol!! But these pics are awesome!!
What a great way to take stick it to jeep. Take a tire w/ their name on it and put it on something that looks so much better. It's like taking the ears off your enemy and making a necklace out of them.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

View attachment 43569

[EDIT]
Here's one more photo, it's all good. The hoop is at the transfer case connection. Seems like not such a big deal. I'll sleep better :)

[/EDIT]
Sorry I panicked...like a dog that's been beaten!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fuel doors should be on the passenger side exclusively, so we can pull up tight to the pump while not having to worry about throwing our doors into the metal/concrete barriers next to fuel pumps.

Driver's side fuel doors are for housewives and little girls, change my mind. :coffee:
As someone who knows how to drive and open a door this has never been much of an issue. :ROFLMAO:

In my life it has made no difference to me what side it is on. As long as it's not on the back... That's the one time I was thrown off for a few seconds.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I enjoyed these pictures more than the regular pictures of the body, thanks for sharing.

I hope the panhard bar is adequate as for the money I wouldn't have thought a better configuration would have been possible even if it was a parallel bar setup or similar. Makes me a bit nervous on how it will handle.

[QUOTE="pan-y-cerveza, post: 220899, member: 3338]In my life it has made no difference to me what side it is on. As long as it's not on the back... That's the one time I was thrown off for a few seconds.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I was thoroughly confused after buying my 69 Mustang on where the fuel door was lol. I'm sure that would have maDe a good video.
Sponsored