Sponsored

Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was really set on a Outer Banks but I think it may be a little out of my price range and I want to make sure I can afford it as I plan on buying it and paying it off so I don't want to trade it in because I can not afford it. So I have a question as this will be my first brand new car ever in my life. In reality the only reason I wanted the Outer Banks is for the L.E.D headlamps and taillamps. Do yall think Ford would let me order a Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I work for Ford parts at a dealership. I know on the most recent model Expeditions and F-150's you can not purchase the L.E.D's headlamp and taillamps and switch them out after you purchase the vehicle because the pigtails on the wirings are different.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was really set on a Outer Banks but I think it may be a little out of my price range and I want to make sure I can afford it as I plan on buying it and paying it off so I don't want to trade it in because I can not afford it. So I have a question as this will be my first brand new car ever in my life. In reality the only reason I wanted the Outer Banks is for the L.E.D headlamps and taillamps. Do yall think Ford would let me order a Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?
All the Bronco models have the LED front head lights. The Outer Banks and above just have the cross bar light in the center. But there all LED.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the much more important issue should be how much off-roading and dirt roading do you plan to do? Black Diamond is configured as a mid-tier off roader. Yeah, it may not be the Moab crusher that Badlands is wining to be, but it’s definitely intended for driving on mud, rocks and gravel.

Outer banks looks to me to be for show, not for offroading. Yes, it’s a Bronco, but for crawling the mall lot and nightclub row in your nearest city.

The price differential between the two is pretty close. With one you’re paying for brawn and capability, with the other for looks and a sexed-up interior.

Pick the one that suits your needs better.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the much more important issue should be how much off-roading and dirt roading do you plan to do? Black Diamond is configured as a mid-tier off roader. Yeah, it may not be the Moab crusher that Badlands is wining to be, but it’s definitely intended for driving on mud, rocks and gravel.

Outer banks looks to me to be for show, not for offroading. Yes, it’s a Bronco, but for crawling the mall lot and nightclub row in your nearest city.

The price differential between the two is pretty close. With one you’re paying for brawn and capability, with the other for looks and a sexed-up interior.

Pick the one that suits your needs better.
Perfectly explained and exactly what I was thinking. But what about the taillamps, will they all be L.E.D also? I reserved a Outer Banks back on July 15th so I am hoping if I switch over to Black Diamond or even a Big Bend that they will not delay my reservation but time will tell.

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Outer Banks has the Signature LED Headlights and the Black Diamond has Standard LED headlights. The Outer Banks has LED tail lights and the Black Diamond has Non-LED tail lights.

The Big Bend has Signature LED Headlights as Optional. Hopefully Black Diamond will too.

Ford Bronco Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions? Screenshot (3169)

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at doing this to a super duty aand you are 6 - 8 deep just for the headlights and harnesses to make it work. I doubt it will cost as much for the bronco. Things may seem expensive from the factory but a you don’t have to rip apart your brand new vehicle b you have a warranty and c usually it is still cheaper (sometimes a lot) and less hassle just to buy it how you want it.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think ford will allow
Me to order a BD and still get the painted HT...

Answer probably not
Ford: go ahead and move up a trim and you can get that option...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this forum.

"I need an iPhone I can drive that also gives me a pedicure with bidets in every seat."

The other half of us: "We just want a capable vehicle with a transmission that gives us some control over a two-and-a-half ton vehicle with tires that make the proportions aesthetically pleasing." :LOL:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Outer Banks has the Signature LED Headlights and the Black Diamond has Standard LED headlights. The Outer Banks has LED tail lights and the Black Diamond has Non-LED tail lights.

The Big Bend has Signature LED Headlights as Optional. Hopefully Black Diamond will too.

Ford Bronco Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions? tenor-5
Real easy to swap the BD standard tail lights over to LED. I will be doing that.

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions? tenor-5
Is there any information out indicating how much the upgrade on the Big Bend (or on others) would be?

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there any information out indicating how much the upgrade on the Big Bend (or on others) would be?
You must be referring to the unicorn commonly known as Build & Price. According to several sources it does exist but no one on this forum has seen it in person.
Sponsored