Sponsored

Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same. I just can’t afford it. ?
We haven't even seen the multiple goodies yet either! Think how horrible that will feel. :poop:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not about Ford letting you do it, just do it.
Hopefully just some time, a couple different connectors and some wire.

*Elephant in the room* - software functionality/computer issues

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that typically plug and play?
I would think so, they are not going to change the body to accommodate a tail light. The lens and design will differ but the base will be the same. As for the plug it will be the same, if not easy to swap out.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think so, they are not going to change the body to accommodate a tail light. The lens and design will differ but the base will be the same. As for the plug it will be the same, if not easy to swap out.
yeah, my concern was the electrical stuff. I actually do like the old school looking headlights better but the led tails with more white are more appealing to me.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Real easy to swap the BD standard tail lights over to LED. I will be doing that.
Is that typically plug and play?
No reason you can’t, it won’t be available right away though. You can get pretty much anything you want and the electrical in these vehicles are just about the same. You might have to run something back to the fuse box but it’s always doable. Companies always come out with harnesses that allow that functionality. It’s still going to cost you like $1000 because the headlights will be a good $6-700 of that.
Hopefully just some time, a couple different connectors and some wire.

*Elephant in the room* - software functionality/computer issues

You will not be able to simply buy lamps and swap over. This is the same architecture Ford has used for F-150, Explorer and also the new Ranger.

BLIS is integrated into the taillights meaning you are going to have to do a full harness swap from the pigtail to the ECU, purchase all BLIS sensors (rumored to be physically under the taillight instead of a 1-piece unit built in the lamp housing), the lamps themselves will be approximately $1,000 (each). They are $1,200 each for Ranger. then you'll have to re-code in FordScan to activate BLIS or de-activate BLIS as it will surely be throwing codes all day long since the mirrors won't have the warning icons functioning.

Currently there are no users on Ranger forum who have successfully migrated from the halogen tail lights to factory LED taillights (which have BLIS integration), and that's 2.5 years into the run of that vehicle.

If you have to have LED tail lights, you'll have to get a trim level which has it available, or sink a bunch of time/money/energy into re-inventing the wheel as you won't have any groundwork done for you to reference or follow.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.... Do yall think Ford would let me order a Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?
Absolutely Ford will let you do that.
Step 1. Go to parts department and ask for 2021 Bronco LED lamps of your choosing.

Step 2. Had over credit card for the expensive parts purchase.

Step3. Install the lights if your choosing or have someone else do it.

I don’t see a problem?

headlight revolution.com does a lot of connections. I did LED from standard halogen lamps as plug and play using these guys.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fuc* it, I may just go badlands, lux

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One thing to consider is on other models when you get BLIS, you get LED tails. Might be the case with the Bronco as well. Won't know until the B&P goes live. If not I'm sure companies like JW Speaker will have LED options.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
headlight revolution.com does a lot of connections. I did LED from standard halogen lamps as plug and play using these guys.
Did you simply replace halogen bulbs with LED bulbs which use the same halogen socket?

Or did you fully re-wire and retrofit an entire housing, converting to LED's, utilizing the factory pigtail canon plug?
- If so, did the factory utilize different canon plugs by trim?

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you simply replace halogen bulbs with LED bulbs which use the same halogen socket?

Or did you fully re-wire and retrofit an entire housing, converting to LED's, utilizing the factory pigtail canon plug?
- If so, did the factory utilize different canon plugs by trim?
It was a simple plug and play. I removed the bulb and housing and replaced with a JW speaker LED assembly. The connections were different but headlight revolution included the necessary conversion pigtail that converted oem to led connection. The pigtail was like 4” long, nothing major.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this forum.

"I big man. I drive stick shift. VERY difficult. Me Sasquatch. Small tires bad."

The other half of us: "We just want signature headlights and a 12" screen." :LOL:
And then there are those of us who come back everytime Ford tells us the B&P are around the corner when they realize we're getting impatient

Nhouin

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Purchased a set of OBX LED Tailights for my Black Diamond with Factory Halogens.

After a few ForScan tweeks, everything works BUT the inner amber led turn signal.

I've tried every configuration but have had not luck. Is this a BLIS issue?

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Nhouin Bliss on the Bronco is not in the taillights. The bliss sensors are located below the taillights behind the lower plastic panel. The reason your amber turns are not working is because your original taillights were configured for the brake light to act as the turn signal. To have the separate ambers required a different harness with an extra wire.
Sponsored