First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone who’s seen them in person, what type of adjustments do the front seats have on the badlands models? I’m guessing recline, slide forward and back, but do they have manual lumbar and height adjustments?
I witnessed at Buena Vista, CO that at the least the drivers seat has a ratcheting height adjustment. Did not see lumbar.
Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

13. 2" stand alone lift or 37" tires & lift with Ford Preformance
2” lift- not at this time
37” is different setup than Sasquatch

SERIOUSLY!!!? why wouldn’t they offer a 2 inch lift! That would sell like wildfire for ford performance!

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I witnessed at Buena Vista, CO that at the least the drivers seat has a ratcheting height adjustment. Did not see lumbar.
Thanks! At 5’7 and no opportunity to test drive, last thing I need is to pick up the vehicle and not be able to comfortably drive it ?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, just left the show...

First I will say pictures do not do the Bronco justice at all. They are AMAZING, even the Sport looks great! I have below a few non answers to questions posted for me...

Ford rep did not know offset for Sasquatch wheels.

He said technically there would be no issue stuffing 33s on the lower tiered Broncos but then went on to say speedo calibration and computer stuff blah blah.

A separate Ford rep said the brushed aluminum grill is not a production item and only a prototype similar to the Nintendo interior. Expect the aftermarket to address noth these items.

I didnt take any pictures of the 4 door at all as there are hundreds at this point. I did take several of the bare sasquatched frame if people are interested as well as several of the two door but mostly technical stuff like the hinges for doors and the latching mechanism for the fender flares.

If anybody has any questions of stuff you can eyeball ask away. Both models do seem bigger than their Jeep counterpart. The 4 door is a BEAST and it is confirmed about 1 inch shorter than a Sasquatch even though its stuffed with 35s. The rep said that was standard Badlands height.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What material for the rear seats, regular vinyl/leatherette? Do rear seats feel/look the same as fronts?

Seating
Standard (BL)
  • Marine Grade Vinyl - Front Buckets

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might only be able to be answered by a Bronco engineer and not the outsourced marketing reps, but it has come up a few times in discussions...

Will the 4dr Bronco be able to be driven with just the front and middle portions of the hardtop in place, and without the cargo portion?(Kinda like a bikini top) Curious if the sections over the passengers secure to the roll cage and allow for this, or if they only interlock to the cargo section and the windshield.
Seems like I've actually seen photos of a 4dr with the roof in that configuration... Will try to see if I can find it.
Edit: If you look at the photos of the Broncos running Rubicon, you'll see that the 2dr had its 2 front roof panels in place without the clamshell. So it seems at least possible that the 4dr could run with the front and mid panels.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like I've actually seen photos of a 4dr with the roof in that configuration... Will try to see if I can find it.
Edit: If you look at the photos of the Broncos running Rubicon, you'll see that the 2dr had its 2 front roof panels in place without the clamshell. So it seems at least possible that the 4dr could run with the front and mid panels.
Yeah thanks for looking. I do remember those photos, just curious if it would be secure at highway speeds and not just off-roading speeds. All the photos I’ve seen looks like it has latches on the roll cage above the B-pillar. Just don’t know how secure it would be without the clamshell.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

13. 2" stand alone lift or 37" tires & lift with Ford Preformance
2” lift- not at this time
37” is different setup than Sasquatch

SERIOUSLY!!!? why wouldn’t they offer a 2 inch lift! That would sell like wildfire for ford performance!

Ford likely has bigger fish to fry right now and the demand doesn't seem to be that great, sadly.

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I really don't understand this approach. You're swapping out a plastic bumper for a steel one, so you use a completely different wiring harness?
Seems like it would be simpler to leave the wiring in place, and give the customer the option to pay you money to install some lights and wire them to the fog switch you already have in place for every other model.
Its actually pretty simple when you consider the scale of what automakers do. On the surface, it seems like having a common wiring harness would easier all around - simpler supply logistics, fewer part numbers, less chance for assembly error.

BUT, it all comes back to cost. Let's say the fog lamp function adds $0.50 to the switch assembly cost, and the wiring adds $1.50 to the forward harness, not to speak of the cost of the relay and fuse also that has to be used which are probably pennies. So, that's $2.00 per vehicle extra. If 50,000 Broncos ship a year with the steel bumper, that would be $100,000 spent in unnecessary materials. Spread that over 5 model years, that little bit of extra wiring costs Ford an extra 1/2 million dollars. That's real money right there. Do that sort of thing throughout a vehicle's systems, and it really adds up. So they trim off what isn't needed.

Having the extra part number for the different harness isn't really a big deal, they're already dealing with a crap load of part numbers; one more won't change how they do things. I mean, they have how many grill variants? Clearly they aren't worried about part number count. And they're already operating on the scale that tooling changes needed to do are negligible compared to the money saved.

All that means that is a lot more incentive for them to remove the unnecessary parts then there is to keep them. That's how it goes for a lot of the content decisions made. It doesn't mean that its always the case, but it certainly the common practice now.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wanted a steel bumper, but I NEED fog lights.
Why not just add aftermarket fog lights? I'm sure I will, since I've added aftermarket lighting to almost every vehicle I've owned.

OEM fog lights are typically poor designs and ineffective; if you truly need a fog light for the way you use the vehicle, then you'll be much better served by aftermarket lights anyway.

I am certain that there will be Bronco specific installation kits that will come up in the aftermarket, so I wouldn't let that affect how I'd choose other options...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you see the bottle opener?

Thanks for the updates!
Hey, I had already left and didnt think to check.

I did ask the engineer about running with the rear section of the top removed leaving only the 2 roofs. He said that with the process it would require removing front to back to take the back off so those 2 sections would require at least removal yo take the rear off, not sure if thats accurate.

He did say if you have roof rails that you cant remove the two front roof sections without removing the rails as there isnt enough clearance.

I pressed one of the employees about BnP and you could tell he has been asked multiple times about it as he was kind of annoyed with his answer when I asked if it will be here next week. He said "soon" and "its coming".

I will say one of the only things that bugged me was the badging looked and felt cheap. For vehicles that will be upwards of $40-50k I expected better.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I will say pictures do not do the Bronco justice at all. They are AMAZING, even the Sport looks great! I have below a few non answers to questions posted for me...

He said technically there would be no issue stuffing 33s on the lower tiered Broncos but then went on to say speedo calibration and computer stuff blah blah.

A separate Ford rep said the brushed aluminum grill is not a production item and only a prototype similar to the Nintendo interior. Expect the aftermarket to address noth these items.

I didnt take any pictures of the 4 door at all as there are hundreds at this point. I did take several of the bare sasquatched frame if people are interested as well as several of the two door but mostly technical stuff like the hinges for doors and the latching mechanism for the fender flares.

If anybody has any questions of stuff you can eyeball ask away. Both models do seem bigger than their Jeep counterpart. The 4 door is a BEAST and it is confirmed about 1 inch shorter than a Sasquatch even though its stuffed with 35s. The rep said that was standard Badlands height.
The rep i talked to said the Sasquatch wheels are offset about an inch to give it a 2" wider track

RVAGT350

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Please post pics of the sas frame, thanks
Sponsored