Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger, interesting you voted 40%, the same as me, I think your vote carries a lot more weight than many of us, thanks for participating.

(for those that don't know, Zach is the Principle Owner of Granger Ford)
Your opinion still carries weight North7, you're quoted all over the internets and print media these days.

Hey, you're an influencer now! Next up, Instagram model! ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only Bronco potential that Jeep can sway are the fence sitters that also like Jeep or have previously owned them. If people haven't already bought into Jeep all these years they are not likely to do so now.
Not only can Jeep sway some away, for those that don't need a removable roof, the new platform MY2023 6th gen 4Runner is being introduced in 2022, that fits right in with the Bronco timeline for some.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This poll needs to be reset. Weā€™re adding new information to stale information.

I reset the color poll last night
The poll is less than 24 hours old, there is no stale infomation. There have been 219 votes so far, Ford has done nothing to communicate or acknowledge any of the issues B&P brought forth.

Those that are convinced they will convert their reservation to an order, most likely will not change their opinion.

Those that have already canceled their reservation, most likely will not change their opinion.

Those that are on the fence, well Ford needs to step it up and show us their A game.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been seeing quite a few people say they made 2-3 reservations and will order one in each trim, then take home the winner. I guess that would still count as order fulfillment? I'm sure Ford has taken this into account since they'll only make $100 on those "orders" which will result in quite a few Broncos ready to be scooped up off the dealer lots.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The poll is less than 24 hours old, there is no stale infomation. There have been 219 votes so far, Ford has done nothing to communicate or acknowledge any of the issues B&P brought forth.

Those that are convinced they will convert their reservation to an order, most likely will not change their opinion.

Those that have already canceled their reservation, most likely will not change their opinion.

Those that are on the fence, well Ford needs to step it up and show us their A game.
My bad. I thought this was the same poll from a couple months back since we did the same poll

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking 30% or less actual people driving away in their Bronco due to three main factors: Duplicate orders getting cancelled
People waiting to get what they want (color tops, aftermarket availability, etc.)
Sticker shock (now that the hype has worn off)

Possibly a fourth factor: Enthusiasts taking advantage of competitors deals, and waiting to see how Bronco fares in a year or two.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger, interesting you voted 40%, the same as me, I think your vote carries a lot more weight than many of us, thanks for participating.

(for those that don't know, Zach is the Principle Owner of Granger Ford)
@North7 I'm not going to pretend like I know any more or less than the next guy on this. There's a lot of people at Ford that are smarter than me that think it'll be 70%+

I just know that a year + of waiting is a long time to hold a deal together on a reservation. Maybe most of those 190,000 people will end up getting a Bronco at some point down the line, but some will lose interest, wait until 2022, buy a car now and 2-3 years down the road get a Bronco. But my opinion is when it all shakes out 30-40% of reservations will convert to orders and take delivery.

That being said the average buyer also isn't checking bronco6g consistently so I don't know that this forum is a great sample. I'd anticipate forum members converting at a higher rate. They are the enthusiasts.

Keep in mind, I've been wrong plenty times before.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My vote is 70%, with a caveat, thats for reservations before Sept 1. The later ones I think will have a much higher cancelation rate due to the time to delivery.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although I'm an Audi hater to no end, an RS3 would certainly be more fun no doubt as far as driving it. Based on the vehicles that I've owned, Bronco being fun to drive is a joke.

However, it's what fun I'll have when I get to where the Bronco takes me that I'm looking forward to.

Bronco is a lifestyle shift for me. I'm moving away from primarily sporty and performance driving to chase my other passion; being outside. To the point now where I may not ever do another track day after almost 20 years. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but an expensive habit. Camping and wheeling just leave me with more smiles in the end.

If you're putting the Bronco up against a performance car, Bronco may lose in an unfair fight.

You're right, Jeeps do suck unless you're in the woods or on rocks, I've just never been able to do it. My old Disco has more character anyway, but my weekend camping in fall and spring will now become weekly excursions during both seasons.

Think about how you plan to enjoy each, that should make your path forward more clear.
Well you're a BMW guy so you're supposed to hate Audi. lol

Going to the Bronco was a reason for me as well to get away from Sports cars except that I would probably keep the STI so I'll still have a suped up car for when I need some sporty driving. I suspect with the 2.7 the Bronco won't be a turd so not horrible to drive. Just not sub-4 second 0-60 times haha. If I sold the STI and threw the money at the RS3 I could get a new one for less than the Bronco.

We go camping a lot also but as you would know, camping around ATL can be done with a hatchback since almost all that I know of you can drive up to. A few require some hiking in but I don't know of many. 4x4 isn't really needed here. I'd be glad to be proven otherwise because I just don't know of them.

Maybe the Bronco will put me in the circle of other likeminded outdoors people. I don't know many people in ATL yet.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you're a BMW guy so you're supposed to hate Audi. lol

Going to the Bronco was a reason for me as well to get away from Sports cars except that I would probably keep the STI so I'll still have a suped up car for when I need some sporty driving. I suspect with the 2.7 the Bronco won't be a turd so not horrible to drive. Just not sub-4 second 0-60 times haha. If I sold the STI and threw the money at the RS3 I could get a new one for less than the Bronco.

We go camping a lot also but as you would know, camping around ATL can be done with a hatchback since almost all that I know of you can drive up to. A few require some hiking in but I don't know of many. 4x4 isn't really needed here. I'd be glad to be proven otherwise because I just don't know of them.

Maybe the Bronco will put me in the circle of other likeminded outdoors people. I don't know many people in ATL yet.
For my camping I only do North Ga, Tenn, and the Asheville area. Plan to take the Bronco to Virgina and Kentucky as well. Nothing like some good shine in the mountains while camping! That's where my wheeling will be as well. If you venture to some of the trails up there, you'll find some nice areas to take the Bronco, but if happy with where you camp now, you're right since Atlanta is flat as hell.

My Disco is in Alabama at my parents lake spot and there are all sorts of places to go muddin, trails, and camp in North and Central Alabama.

I was looking forward to you joining the Georgia caravan as we invade Colorado and Utah in a year or so also, so you not getting a Bronco sort of fu@ks up everything with that plan too! :(

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I wouldn't want to break your plans. Haha

By ATL I meant North Georgia mountains. I've been to most of the big name ones and they were all easy enough to do with just our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.

I'm probably still going to get a Badlands 2 Door. It's just me thinking about things that cost as much. Things I probably otherwise wouldn't tell myself I should buy them if it weren't for the fact that the Bronco costs the same. So if I'm willing to buy another car, which would I rather conundrum.

But when the wife is all for buying a Bronco and not trying to make me get rid of the STI also then its hard not to say yes. ?

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Know I've taken some lumps in the past on the forum for saying this, but since many of you already are, I'll do so as cleanly as I can.

What sells a vehicle like this to the masses, is when enthusiasts (who look cool, or authentic) buy, then that makes others want to emulate. For example, think back to when most guys over 40 started to lust for a Ferrari.... Miami Vice and Sonny Crockett. Why? Because Crockett was badass.

Think back to why you want a Bronco; first or second gen. Because the guys driving them just had a look and just did stuff that made you either say, "yea, that's me" or "yea, that's who I want to be like" Could have been your dad or grandad, or some guy down the street, but that person didn't look like he was trying too hard, that's just who he was.

My point? Any "cool" car is only cool because of those who buy them and that sells more cars. What do you think John Bronco is all about?

No matter the reservation conversion rate, it all depends on who gets their hands on Bronco first. If it's the crowd that is naive or will just cruise around in it, the "cool" factor will wear off fast. Very few cars transcend this effect. Ironically, Ford makes the car that defies this automotive gravity; Mustang. Everyone buys Mustangs, cool and uncool alike, yet it will sell because it's an icon.

We shall see if Bronco regains icon status, but I'll tell you this. Base level Broncos with stock wheels and no lift will not be the iconic type, so Ford wants the badass versions out there in the wild first. Squatched, OB, BL, WT, and the FE.
I think the cool factor will last decades, look at all the loaded and rigged jeeps that crawl the mall and never have seen a speck of dirt.. Badass looking off road vehicles seem to last longer. Try to tell the difference from a 1995/2000/2005/2010/2015 jeep, they all the look the same and are still cool.. (but that's why I want a Bronco!)

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m most likely sticking with the 2021 reservation
Iā€™m sure 2022 will have a few cool color choices, I donā€™t care about the white top, if people donā€™t like the 2021 prices the 2022 will only be worse..
I donā€™t like the grey top on most of these colors but a hard top on a four door Bronco for under $700 was a surprise.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm one of those people that will wait for what I want. I had three non-negotiables. V6, Squatch and the painted modular top. I'll take black but would prefer the body colored. If waiting kicks me back to the '22 model year so be it. The Bronco is a lifestyle change for me as well. Well, getting back to a lifestyle. I used to do a lot more camping and traveling before we had kids. Now they're starting to leave the nest. It's how I want to spend the rest of my 40's and into my 50's. I refuse to call my 5th Gen bright orange Camaro SS my "mid-life crisis" lol. I've been a car enthusiast since I was a kid and it was a reward to myself for making a career move into the automotive aftermarket industry. It's been a lot of fun tho but time to move on to the next phase. Just not until I can have what I want.
Sponsored