First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can see the side-mounted hinges on the swing gate in the photo.
Yes, what I was mentioning that you couldn't see if if there was a hinge at the bottom of the "gate" if it swings down and the side hinges were only for the tire carrier, as someone suspected. But I would strongly doubt that went to that elaborate of a setup and the side hinges look like they bolt directly to the gate.
Sponsored

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mean like driving onstage with half doors with a hole in the middle of them and not only does the donut not make it to production but the half doors not even materialize? It didn't stop sales but Jeep did screw that one up and there are a few people disappointed.

Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! 1583525471727

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know much about automotive production process, but if the line is almost ready (assuming leaked pics are not hand-built mule-prototypes) what the heck they are going to do in the next 9 months? Why not take orders after the reveal and start delivery just before the summer season?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, what I was mentioning that you couldn't see if if there was a hinge at the bottom of the "gate" if it swings down and the side hinges were only for the tire carrier, as someone suspected. But I would strongly doubt that went to that elaborate of a setup and the side hinges look like they bolt directly to the gate.
Review sites would massacre the Bronco if it had a rear setup like that.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know much about automotive production process, but if the line is almost ready (assuming leaked pics are not hand-built mule-prototypes) what the heck they are going to do in the next 9 months? Why not take orders after the reveal and start delivery just before the summer season?
all of the current bronco mules and crash test ones built are likely all hand built. They'll start doing pre-production assembly line runs late this summer to fine tune the machines and the process. then start full production early December, hopefully.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess is we’re somewhere at the end of hand-built, but not on a line yet. Traditionally, you get a spy shot of several cars on a line sans doors and wheels when they are that far along. After the Explorer launch, I don’t see Ford rushing any launches for years to come.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm really hoping for a traditional tailgate. The hinges look like hinges solely for the tire carrier to me. I've been staring at the 4dr pic all day. Really like what I see as far as the rear end goes.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really hoping for a traditional tailgate. The hinges look like hinges solely for the tire carrier to me. I've been staring at the 4dr pic all day. Really like what I see as far as the rear end goes.
The hinge is in the wrong place for that. The hinge would have to be above and below the tall light in order to clear the tailgate.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Me too, but to me they are inboard of the gate seam so they are likely external swingate hinges like the Jeep’s. If they were a tire carrier they would be outboard, so the is room to swing it away before opening the tailgate. TBH though, a swingate allows quicker access, so probably better that way in the end.

Sponsored

Bronco.Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang
Hi guys, new here, just joined today.
These are the things I know. Itll be steel, not aluminum; The robots going into the plant are welding robots, not riveters.
Those pics are not from a production line built vehicle; the tooling for the production line has not been fully installed and operational yet.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean like driving onstage with half doors with a hole in the middle of them and not only does the donut not make it to production but the half doors not even materialize? It didn't stop sales but Jeep did screw that one up and there are a few people disappointed.

Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! 1583525471727
That door is ugly as sin

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi guys, new here, just joined today.
These are the things I know. Itll be steel, not aluminum; The robots going into the plant are welding robots, not riveters.
Those pics are not from a production line built vehicle; the tooling for the production line has not been fully installed and operational yet.
It can be both.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But you can see where the hinges end., and it's nowhere near the tire.
Sponsored