stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If there was a previous and reliably conclusive answer to this I apologize, but if the SASQ is purchased and eventually 33s are preferred, is that farly easy? I think the SASQ has bigger fenders than the 33s BL? And can the entire refit be done without adding or replacing parts to the stock ford set-up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the 35's some are barely 33's while some are true to size. The Bronco really could use 37's to fill out the wheel well better the brand they are using are known for running on the small size. Also 35's can run from 11 to 13 inches wide so there is a lot of variance from company to company.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, there needs to be some forethought when moving to larger tires and Ford did by lowering the gear ratio to 4.7, but heavy is heavy no matter how you slice it. The effects can be mitigated to a point but not entirely overcome.

True. We didn't make the rules, we just have to live within them.

This illustrates the commitment part perfectly! ?

The 35"s look great and are very capable, don't get me wrong, but each person needs to ask themselves if it's worth the added cost.
I just think a lot of people who haven’t seen 33’s on a wrangler are underestimating how big those tires are. I’d love the Sasquatch package myself but I’d rather save the $2.5k on my badlands build as I think the 33’a with standard fender flares are perfectly balanced. I also trust those KO2’s for me up here in snow land.

BroncoBLMT

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Silverado, & Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've settled on the Badlands and a "sneak up on it" approach with the tires. I'm currently of the opinion I'm going to run the stock 33's through their life span and will go up from there if it feels necessary at the change out.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

35x12.5

...saw them and said, hmm, maybe Sasquatch is a little overkill...almost looked cartoonish in person. Really put things in perspective after gushing over bronco photos. While they do look great for off roading, it just seemed like they have no business on paved roads
05DCBE58-788E-470B-89E4-A4140460075A.jpeg
I'm guessing you don't do much off roading if you think 35's are big.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This seems to be a pretty good reference vid. Hopefully, it is permissible to post up the link. Admin, whack it if you need to......

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have used both tire sizes on my '70 and '74 EBs. For off road, I prefer the 35's and for on road, I prefer the 33.s. When off road you can really feel the vehicle come alive with the larger tires. When on road with 33's, I want to go back off road with the 35's ;)

My Badlands will be ordered with 33's option wheels and I will change to different rims and larger tires laters.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2021 bronco without the Sasquatch package looks like a body builder who skipped leg day. It just looks ugly and the wheel options for all the trim packages look ugly. Also the resale value for a bronco without the Sasquatch package will probably be very limited. Ford knows what they are doing and made the Sasquatch package a must. If I see a bronco without the Sasquatch package I will probably think it’s a soccer mom taking her kids to school. It is what it is. I know people want to get the best price but the Sasquatch package is a must even if you intend on swapping out the wheels. If you talk yourself out of the Sasquatch package you’ll regret it when you drive your little foot bronco next to a big foot bronco. I’m sure most people would rather buy a used bronco with a Sasquatch package over one that got aftermarket suspension and wheels.
Do you think this is true even if you get the Badlands? Standard BL to Sas is not all that different.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bunch of people are going to be surprised and possibly not happy with 35"s. I have them on my F-150 and they do require a certain commitment.

Edit: By commitment I mean committed to lower fuel mileage, lower perceived power, increased braking distance and increased road noise.
The road noise is going to shock a lot of people that haven't driven wheels of this size on a jeep (which will have similar road noise characteristics). If people plan on daily driving their bronco, especially on highways, then getting the sasquatch package is a massive mistake in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The road noise is going to shock a lot of people that haven't driving wheels of this size on a jeep (which will have similar road noise characteristics). If people plan on daily driving their bronco, especially on highways, then getting the sasquatch package is a massive mistake in my opinion.
I don’t know about that...lots of people DD Jeeps and trucks with 35 and bigger with no problems. It becomes fun to drive a truck like that, not a chore. You don’t run into people with that type of vehicle who wish for smaller tires very often...but very often the opposite....people always looking to lift and go bigger. I think a lot more will regret not getting Sasquatch than any who would regret getting it. I think if you’re going Bronco...go all in.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there was a previous and reliably conclusive answer to this I apologize, but if the SASQ is purchased and eventually 33s are preferred, is that farly easy? I think the SASQ has bigger fenders than the 33s BL? And can the entire refit be done without adding or replacing parts to the stock ford set-up?
I don't know if there is a conclusive answer. You sure can swap the 35'"s for 33"s. Squatch does have the wider flares and the rear bumper extensions to match. Those might look kinda funny with the 33"s. We are assuming there might be a small lift on the Squatch.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know about that...lots of people DD Jeeps and trucks with 35 and bigger with no problems. It becomes fun to drive a truck like that, not a chore. You don’t run into people with that type of vehicle who wish for smaller tires very often...but very often the opposite....people always looking to lift and go bigger. I think a lot more will regret not getting Sasquatch than any who would regret getting it. I think if you’re going Bronco...go all in.
Gotta agree here . Absolutely loved the 5 days I had a jeep out in Wyoming. All over the road and loud but, so so fun

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...lots of people DD Jeeps and trucks with 35 and bigger with no problems. It becomes fun to drive a truck like that, not a chore. You don’t run into people with that type of vehicle who wish for smaller tires very often...but very often the opposite....people always looking to lift and go bigger. I think a lot more will regret not getting Sasquatch than any who would regret getting it. I think if you’re going Bronco...go all in.
I daily my F-150 with 35" Milestar Patagonias, great tire on the rocks, noisy (but not terribly) on the highway. Gas mileage went down, but yeah, the truck "feels" tougher and looks it as well. I don't regret my decision at all, but I knew what to expect and accepted it.
Sponsored