Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
can have fog lights installed as part of the Big Bend equipment group so you'd also see those on the Outer Banks and Wildtrack.

[...]

If you're ordering a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrack and want to bring your own foglamps since it will not include the foglamps that come with those trims, this the option to get.

Who talks like this? That was a needlessly confusing way of saying "foglamps optional on BB, standard on OBX / WT" and "modular doesn't offer foglamps".
Likewise, the way they used the phrase "Big Bend Equipment Group" made me think this was about the Sport.
Fog Lights-Another example of why Base is a good value. Get the BB, OBX or WT with HD bumper- lose the Fog lights and pay the same upgrade price as Base.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was absolutely in the capable bumper camp. This really sucks! I don't really want or need the modular bumpers features. I was looking forward to the fog lights for my base.
Aftermarket sells much better options...

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for worrying about me. I’m actually totally at peace. I resigned myself to not getting fogs on my BL a while ago. It was always a long shot anyway.

Basically this is their way of saying that the Capable bumper is MY22 (or later) option.

I’m glad they finally explained them in black and white.
I got some PIAAs for my JK awhile back and they were soooo much better than factory fogs. Looked a ton better too, so I’d say you’re better off without the ones from Ford.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got some PIAAs for my JK awhile back and they were soooo much better than factory fogs. Looked a ton better too, so I’d say you’re better off without the ones from Ford.
I'm thinking with the LED headlights, the fog lights will be superfluous. Modern HID and LED headlamps are so good now, most fogs are just window dressing IMO. Is this really such a big deal (breaker). That's it, I'M OUT!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm thinking with the LED headlights, the fog lights will be superfluous. Modern HID and LED headlamps are so good now, most fogs are just window dressing IMO. Is this really such a big deal (breaker). That's it, I'M OUT!!!!!!!!
Agreed. We have been fogged in all week. Until you actually have real fog lights you don’t realize the difference. It’s mostly in the light intensity and temperature value and the beam position. My Escape has them and didn’t even use them once this week. The Lightning had them in the air dam and were adjustable. They would turn on with only the parking lights on and worked great in the fog as they were really low. Not sure anyone would be happy with fogs that are non-adjustable mounted in the bumper for really using as fog lamps and not for the “looks”. IMO.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LMAO so the capable bumper is what? An error? Never existed? A figment of an overworked rockstar’s caffeine-addled brain?

Doubt this really affects many people anyway since nobody knew what it was but I’m cracking up.

bhubert

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maholo, you’re very right. I think most understand the supply chain issues. What’s frustrating is how long it takes Ford to correct things and get accurate descriptions in the B&P.

And then when clarification is made it comes through BN and not Ford themselves.

so I think criticizing the poor communication from Ford is fair. The majority of reservations holders are not active on B6G or BN and likely take the B&P as gospel
I don't know how anyone could take the B&P as gospel. It hasn't correctly added up since day one. The simple addition of Squatch package for me will show $5,000+ until I click on it and then it reads sub $5,000. At the same time my MSRP changes from $41,450 to $43,000. When I go to remove the squatch package it only credits back $4,200. At this point I don't have a clue what any accessories actually cost.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't get why this is a big deal. The B&P has many things that are not immediately available so this isn't shocking news.

The Capable was always a no-go in the first place because it clearly was not in the same category as the HD which meant that it was an "after-the-fact" add on that the dealer would have to install (and possibly at an extra cost). Would anyone really have wanted to buy that bumper and have their Bronco sitting at the dealer while they get around to installing it? Besides, it has the same crap Winch setup as the HD.

Now if the Capable was like Jeeps Steal Bumper group that got you not only a Steal Front, but a Steal back AND the bumper included the hidden winch cradle like Jeep does, then I could see it.

I'm hoping that Aftermarket comes up with a Winch Cradle that can attach to the Bronco regardless of which bumper you got since the Recovery\D Hooks are where you would want to mount it anyway.

El Taco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that settles it no winch, brush guard or rock rails on my BL. Instead getting the Squach package and waiting for aftermarket upgrades that all match. Oh and I was watching a video and they said the front winch blocks the front camera.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sucks, but I was planning aftermarket steps anyway. Aftermarket will gladly take that $900 for a front bumper. Will cost a bit more but I’m looking forward to other options.
I hear ya,
I am planning on aftermarket for many of the bolt on items anyway. Ford is a master of mass production not inventing toys for us. Aftermarket will serve us well!