Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so for us late reservations that will for sure be a MY22 which i am ok with but if we have to place convert to order before the end of march when will we see the new color and top options?
In the same boat and my understanding is we will place our orders in the Jan-March window. Then if it pans out we are getting MY 2022 we can go back in to select the new options.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so for us late reservations that will for sure be a MY22 which i am ok with but if we have to place convert to order before the end of march when will we see the new color and top options?
If conversion period closes on 19 MAR I would suggest on the 20th. However I could see the update the day after 21 scheduling, and rough communication to orders holders, starts in MAY. The language on the website would need to change of course but that is all.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are really hanging their hat on a high conversion rate. Time will tell.
Part of me wants there to be a low conversion rate so folks can get their machines quicker but the stronger part of me want a high conversion rate, to support the helpful dealers here, and so that I can guarantee a 22.

Is that wrong? :cry:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My22 folks won't get theirs until January at the earliest. They cite a December start for my22. It takes 4 weeks from build to it being in a customer's hands on the best of timeliness. Just keep that in mind folks

I see it like this...
October to early january will be my21 people who opted for late delivery items.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the same boat and my understanding is we will place our orders in the Jan-March window. Then if it pans out we are getting MY 2022 we can go back in to select the new options.
Another thought on that note: when would those conversions/reorders take place?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My22 folks won't get theirs until January at the earliest. They cite a December start for my22. It takes 4 weeks from build to it being in a customer's hands on the best of timeliness. Just keep that in mind folks

I see it like this...
October to early january will be my21 people who opted for late delivery items.
That's a great point that the earliest '22 delivery would be mid-late Jan '22 (based on Ford's communicated MY start month).

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another thought on that note: when would those conversions/reorders take place?
To be honest I have no idea. And to be honester :LOL: I don't think Ford has even planned that far out either.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of me wants there to be a low conversion rate so folks can get their machines quicker but the stronger part of me want a high conversion rate, to support the helpful dealers here, and so that I can guarantee a 22.

Is that wrong? :cry:
For me I think Ford should feel some burn. Not necessarily all their fault, people wanted the Bronco details asap so Ford pushed their product early not expecting a Pandemic to destroy their production lines. They seem to have had similar issues with the Mach-E. The F150 saw delays but that isn't in the same boat as it wasn't a completely new vehicle (so people comparing those two delays are absurd).

That said, telling people who have waited since the Summer of 2020 for a vehicle that they should wait another year is bs. The only reason Ford can pull that off is that the market really wasn't ready to compete. If there was a better styled Jeep, Toyota rebirth of their cruiser, Chevy had a Blazer that looked the part or other things on the market, people would bail. All that aside, I think the dealers who are honest will do quite fine. I also believe there isn't a snowballs chance that 190K see 50% conversions in the next 2-3 months. The price tags are clearly knocking some out and adding a wait time? Heck they'll disappear. I'm still going to say conversion rates sit around 40%-ish initially. And we're not even accounting for the inevitable interest rate increases in 2021/2 that are going to kill financing for some.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny, but what would help this all would be if ford allowed us to update our Reservations with our settled on trims and builds. They have been crunching all these numbers based on what people selected 7 months ago at the spur of a moment, and I'm sure many (if not all) have changed by now.

So a simple software change and much of the guessing game would be eliminated..... oh snap... Ford, Simple, Software update, all in the same sentence..... damn, what was I thinking!

LowDime

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 yukon, 06 cts-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If conversion period closes on 19 MAR I would suggest on the 20th. However I could see the update the day after 21 scheduling, and rough communication to orders holders, starts in MAY. The language on the website would need to change of course but that is all.

I thought if you didn't convert before the end of the 19th you lose your reservation?

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confident that I will get one of the first deliveries of Bronco's in the June timeframe.

Having said that, the definition of "confidence" is that feeling you have just before you fully understand the situation. ?

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree conversion rate is likely to be around 40%. That is pretty close to Tesla’s conversion rates.

I also think that a larger chunk of the early reservations will cancel when compared to the later ones. I would think that people who reserved in the lust phase of the launch (day 1 and 2) are more likely to cancel after thinking things through. The commitment was very low at 100 dollars and I think a lot of non serious buyers were willing to take that gamble.

But who knows....patience is a virtue and often rewarded. With a 7/29 reservation, I am not optimistic about my chances for 21, but we will see what March brings.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest I have no idea. And to be honester :LOL: I don't think Ford has even planned that far out either.
TRUE THAT! I would expect that they could "learn on the fly" (like the transmissions are supposed to) though.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many people seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2021, and how many seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2022? ?

More colors, roof options, special editions, and other options? Have to say I'm intrigued.
yes! great question! im torn!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought if you didn't convert before the end of the 19th you lose your reservation?
Yes. That is what I meant to convey: convert your obviously MY '22 order before the 19th. Then on the 20th Ford would update the website and B&P to MY '22 specs. Then in...May (?) our dealers have us go into the B&P, rebuild and resend them our new builds. Ad-nauseum until all original reservations are complete.
Sponsored