The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone is focused on the tire comparison, but I think the black sasquatch wheels look awful. They look like some Pep Boys hubcaps trying to look like alloys that someone rattle-canned black. At least the steelies on the Black Diamond look rugged (like wheels on a cop car).

I think the base Badlands wheels shown in the OP's pics look great. The only black alloys shown on a Bronco that I liked were the ones from the Overland Concept, but those never showed up as an OEM option:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 1612710989003
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So BL doesn’t come with a disconnect? Didn’t all the videos show a BL with an axle disconnect?
Yes it does come with disconnect. This chart just shows the gearing ratios.

morrieswigs

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger T/A, C3 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those saying they want to have Sasquatch in order to easily upgrade to 37s down the line... How much would it usually cost to put a comparable lift on a Badlands to accommodate 37s? If you have to buy larger tires either way, is the $2500 upgrade worth it in terms of just the lift itself?

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true, its 34.4" vs 33". The goodyears run small and only measure 34.4". If you put a true 35x12.50 it will probably rub. If you put a Super Swamper 35x12.50 it will make those look like 30's.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put in my order for the two door BL with stick, 2.3, and 4:7 on the contract.

I like to wheel using a manual transmission - just for the fun and challenge - and I did not want to wait for the manual / squatch option. It looks like it won't take much to put on 35s if I decide later that I need them.
Mirrors my build. A part of my reasoning for the manual is to teach my boys how to drive one!!

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those saying they want to have Sasquatch in order to easily upgrade to 37s down the line... How much would it usually cost to put a comparable lift on a Badlands to accommodate 37s? If you have to buy larger tires either way, is the $2500 upgrade worth it in terms of just the lift itself?
Squatch suspension is only 10mm higher than BL. That’s the only difference that we know. If that’s achieved simply by stiffer springs, could be a very cheap and easy change to get it to be the same as squatch if that’s all that’s needed to accommodate 37s

If the squatch suspension won’t take 37s without additional lift, or changing components (like control arms) then you’d have to do the same to BL...

Not knowing what parts will need to be upgraded... could be easily over $1000 for a “quality” lift depending on what needs to be replaced, or what geometry correction needs to be done... plus installation (if you pay someone to do that)... you could spend $2500 pretty easy... and then there’s over $200 per corner for tires... and if you get a 5th for the spare you might need to upgrade rear tailgate hardware or mount for another couple hundred to accommodate the extra weight and size.

Re-gearing is possible as well... probably end up being over $1k after parts and installation for that...

(this is based on my experience from Jeep Wrangler... which has a SFA which is typically easier and with a huge aftermarket which drives prices down as well)

So to answer your question:

Probably somewhere between $350 and $3500.

Roughly.

;)

Last edited:

AMICHDEC

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
it’s been reported that badlands and Sasquatch suspension is the same, just that the Sasquatch includes bump stops. So if that’s true, very minimal difference which I would think doesn’t warrant $2500, but obviously the 35” rubber is included in that.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the review. This helps solidify a couple things for me. One, the 33.4" tire I'm eyeing sounds like a go of idea for me and two, it'll easily fit without an issue even for the base model. Depending on offset of course.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true, its 34.4" vs 33". The goodyears run small and only measure 34.4". If you put a true 35x12.50 it will probably rub. If you put a Super Swamper 35x12.50 it will make those look like 30's.
LT315/70R17 are considered by many to be a 35" tire, not saying I agree with said consideration, but that seems to be general consensus.

it’s been reported that badlands and Sasquatch suspension is the same, just that the Sasquatch includes bump stops. So if that’s true, very minimal difference which I would think doesn’t warrant $2500, but obviously the 35” rubber is included in that.
And beadlock capable wheels.

Thank you for the review. This helps solidify a couple things for me. One, the 33.4" tire I'm eyeing sounds like a go of idea for me and two, it'll easily fit without an issue even for the base model. Depending on offset of course.
If the offset is anything like the the BD steelies, I'd be surprised if anything over 32 doesn't rub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ck-diamond-race-red-4-door-on-the-move.12132/

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An answer to your question depends on many factors and can become a rabbit hole of debate on here if guys make attempts to answer with dollar estimates.

Most likely, when you're riding around, most lifted anything are only done for show, not off road functionality, so there are ways to cut corners with parts since the truck won't be called upon for serious articulation over obstacles regularly.

If you truly want to take a rig with 37" tires off road, there again are multiple ways and philosophies to get there. This depends on your budget, understanding of risk, ability to do your own wrenching including out on a trail, etc.

For someone who has no serious mechanical training or ability, yet want to go wheeling with any regularity on Med+ trails, this is where it can get expensive, as quality parts throughout and upgraded armor are most recommended. Lifting any IFS will cost more than an SFA; many more sensitive parts.

Guys can easily get away with a cheap Wrangler lift in order to accommodate 37s, but if you see this on rocks, you'll also see a lot of broken suspension parts and axles.

If you pay attention to 4 Runner and Taco lifts, you can get a picture of cost to do enough to fit 37s without a ton of rubbing for true off road application, or for those who just want the look. One costs a good deal more.

I won't toss out numbers as whenever I have done so to help set the mind, guys get bent out of shape and into a debate on costs, always touting how it can be done cheaper, but without giving a lot of detail of trade offs.

Needless to say, the cost of the tires is just the start and pulling it off requires some investment. Can you do it with no upgrades at all, maybe, but at what future cost, no one can answer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is outdated information.

Yes bump stops, and both have HOSS position sensitive shocks, but also Squatch suspension is 10mm taller than BL.

This has been stated by Ford and is also corroborated by the published specs doing the math to correct for tire diameters.

In the SEMA video, it is said that the Squatch has “different components” but we don’t know what they are yet. It’s theorized it might only be stiffer springs... but we don’t actually know. Could even be different control arms for example.

So, from everything we know, there are three different suspension heights:

Standard: Base-OB
Taller: BL
Tallest: Everything Squatched (including WT and FE)

Last edited:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad the hear about the 2.3L. Have to be honest though, l wouldn't want to buy the vehicles you drove.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you elaborate on the 2.3 having more character and being more fun than the 2.7?
sure. The 2.3 was getting faster into high rpm and give you a lot of power at high rpm. It made me want to push it.

The Big problem here is you did not publish all your pics. :cool:
True. I have 150 pics. But those are the 2 pics best comparing 33 and 35 so I kept it simple. A lot of my pics have the broncos at different distance and would induce people in error. Some pictures you can make a 33 look bigger than 35 if ghe

Thanks for sharing! Just curious, if the cost was the same, would you still pick the 2.3 if you were going AT either way? Also, I will be getting a base squatch and will be interested in trading those wheels and tires for the upgraded wheels and tires that come on the badlands. Let me know if anyone in Midwest is interested in that swap. I feel like I’m too old to drive 35s but the squatch is too good of a deal to not get.
Reasons I chose 2.3 in order:
- my drive of both engines. I preferred the 2.3 character, and didn’t feel the 2.7 was giving me any advantage
- feedback from our driver at KOH
- less risk of late availability
- 150 pounds lighter than the V6 and allows for better payload and balance
- saves 1800. I can afford the V6 no pbm but why not save if I prefer that one

So to answer your question you can see cost is my last point. If I remove that aspect, I still choose the 2.3.
Also, I asked multiple people who had driven both at Bronco nation what they get and why. They all chose the 2.7. They all answered « because why not? Because it’s the highest option ». When I asked if they thought it was better or if the 2.3 felt underpowered they said no.
People are ordering the 2.7 because « why not » without actually having any reason to do so and without considering the caveats like weight.

A lot of people here will speak about displacement and capability. The 2.3 is rated with large payload and 7500 row rating on a ranger. Says enough about its capability for me.

But 2.7 is a great proven engine. I am sure folks getting it will be very happy with it. It’s great to have option for everybody!
Sponsored