First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks familiar. Have we seen this before? Where’s the snow?
Exactly the first thought I had when I saw the pics as well - this has been posted before. I think that’s a pre-production test mule.
As @Lamenamehere posted (post #39 in this thread), yes, we've seen this before...... :rolleyes:
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many buyers are planning to tow with their Broncos?
Me. My offroad camper (3400lbs loaded) is capable of being towed through serious terrain to get to remote places.

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition, 2008 Explorer, 2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am planning to tow my 20' Center Console on a tandem axle trailer with trailer brakes behind my outerbanks with the 2.7L. While I am confident the Bronco is completely capable, I am sure it exceeds the official capacity.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're buying the Bronco to pull anything more than a jetski, then you're probably in the wrong category. This thing's made for off-roading, not supporting your new lawncare business. lol

Sponsored

Basetaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So i have a 2018 Tacoma SR 4 cylinder and i am thinking about trading it in for a Bronco Big Bend 2.7 and i want to know if its a good idea to trade it in now or wait till next gen? Is the 2.7/10 speed a good engine/trans combo?! I always hear about first gen issues and dont want to go through that lol

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely plan on towing a small trailer occasionally and I would like to also get a small camper, like the small airsyream or something like that for road trips. There are lots of options under 3500 lbs.

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many buyers ar
I’ll probably tow my boat and my motorcycles, if need be, nothing that my current ‘13 Explorer XLT couldn’t do. For most residential situations this Bronco tow package is more than standard.

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So i have a 2018 Tacoma SR 4 cylinder and i am thinking about trading it in for a Bronco Big Bend 2.7 and i want to know if its a good idea to trade it in now or wait till next gen? Is the 2.7/10 speed a good engine/trans combo?! I always hear about first gen issues and dont want to go through that lol
I’d go for it, Ford has already been making this engine and transmission for several years, so most of the newbie issues would likely pop up on other places. Also consider that the wait list is long and the demand is high, so there is a high likelihood that the Bronco would retain value at a much better rate than other vehicles, so if issues do pop up and you change your mind, early on, you would likely be able to sell it fairly close to what you paid for it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered the hitch along with having a 4dr 2.7 A10. small utility trailer and maybe a 16' ultra light camper down the road, we are planning on touring the US for longer vacations more specially out west. I can make it work, might be a little over but that is fine, I am use to towing big heavy stuff. my last trailer put my length at 52' and 14k lbs.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Basetaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d go for it, Ford has already been making this engine and transmission for several years, so most of the newbie issues would likely pop up on other places. Also consider that the wait list is long and the demand is high, so there is a high likelihood that the Bronco would retain value at a much better rate than other vehicles, so if issues do pop up and you change your mind, early on, you would likely be able to sell it fairly close to what you paid for it.
Alright cool. Thanks!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I definitely plan on towing a small trailer occasionally and I would like to also get a small camper, like the small airsyream or something like that for road trips. There are lots of options under 3500 lbs.
When you're looking at these trailers make sure that the stated weight is the GTWR, not the dry weight, and also check the tongue weight as well. It's very easy to creep over 3500lbs GTWR and 350lbs tongue weight.

Also if you have any kind of passengers or cargo with you - even some furry friends - you can exceed GCWR on the BL and WT quite quickly if you're towing something close to 3500lbs. Lower end trims have quite a bit of GCWR room though.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I know it's rated for 3,500 lbs (4door) of towing on the road but what do you think would be the max weight it can pull over a very short distance? As in if you saw a full-size truck in a ditch in a snowstorm should you attempt to pull them out?
Definitely. Being raised in NH, that was always a fun thing to do during or after snowstorms.

OP
OP

Jseptor

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As @Lamenamehere posted (post #39 in this thread), yes, we've seen this before...... :rolleyes:
These pics were taken Saturday on US 23 north near Ann Arbor MI by my wife while I was driving. Sorry it looks similar, thought folks might want to see.
Sponsored