Sponsored

Lets discuss why there should/not be a v8 option!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like a small displacement V8, around 4.0L, if I could pick. I don't care about the power it makes, but the simplicity.

As someone who worked for a large dealer network (one of the largest in the country), handling extended warranty claims (for vehicles outside the normal factory warranty), I would much rather have a naturally-aspirated V8 with moderate power than a turbo engine. In fact, I'd rather have the Jeep I-6, at 190 hp, than either the 2.3L or 2.7L Eco-boost.

I handled claims for turbos every single day, five days a week.

Another thing to consider is, obviously and more importantly, anarchy is a valid political philosophy and ideology.
OFh8772V5vgHaE7?w=297&h=198&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Here is your 4.0 V8. Its a cammer I believe. Looks at home in the mountains.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're going to speculate, why not go big? 7.3 Godzilla!

It's really physically not that big and word is Ford is developing a version for the Mustang.
The 7.3 would be awesome in a Mustang. I really hope ford does it.

I would rather see the 7.3 in the bronco then the 5.0

But I don't think we will see a v8. The EPA keeps adding more restrictions. At some point the EPA will take away all options but electric though they keep pushing the date for that back.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6.7 Baby Godzilla is already promised to the Windsor engine plant. OHV engine is more compact and can pull 500HP naturally aspirated. Still a rough sell for the Ranger/Midsize chassis. Warthog is already verified as v6, very likely 3.0l. Sat next to one in person and chatted with the test engineer. He verified it was v6 and just smiled when I asked 3.0? I talked to a power train engineer a few weeks later, emissions testing on a motor that was said to be for the warthog. Didn’t have the power figures, bit mentioned it was a beast. 5.0 would need forced induction to meet those numbers. Even more expensive and harder to package. 5.0 advantage is primarily v8 sound. So, it’s possible, but not much upsides from 3.0 and 3.0 Hybrid.
3.5TT

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the price of a Bad Lands ($50k), it should've come with a V8/ 7spd manual Transmission. No question. I do find ($50k MSRP) for a 2.3L 7spd MT Badlands to be ridiculously over priced. Even though I'll probably buy one, thats a lot of money for a 4cy vehicle. NO matter how you turn it and try to convince me the R&D is worth every penny...

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the price of a Bad Lands ($50k), it should've come with a V8/ 7spd manual Transmission. No question. I do find ($50k MSRP) for a 2.3L 7spd MT Badlands to be ridiculously over priced. Even though I'll probably buy one, thats a lot of money for a 4cy vehicle. NO matter how you turn it and try to convince me the R&D is worth every penny...
The market says an auto V8 with Solid Front Axle is worth $75k (Hemi Jeep starting price). 2.7 is a step up in power from what the 5.0 would produce and manual transmissions just don’t sell, so Ford didn’t develop it for the 2.7 (maybe they will at some pint for Bronco?)

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The market says an auto V8 with Solid Front Axle is worth $75k (Hemi Jeep starting price). 2.7 is a step up in power from what the 5.0 would produce and manual transmissions just don’t sell, so Ford didn’t develop it for the 2.7 (maybe they will at some pint for Bronco?)
Reality is its a $50k vehicle. How much HP will the 392 have? Im not talking about some huge 700HP V8. Im simply talking about a 5.0-6L with MT and 400 HP N.A. Granted fact that jeep made their v6 a $50k vehicle? Puts it into perspective as to why a V8 is $75k. But when you can buy a corvette for $60k or a Mustang/Camaro for $60k high end? You could get a V8/manual 4x4 for the same price IF they wanted to...

I completely understand manuals dont sell. Why? Because they removed them and gave you no choice. They trained people and told them they didnt want this type of transmission. Afterall. USA is about as lazy as one can be. Why do you think we're heading for automated cars? So we can get avg of 600lbs while eating mcdonalds and facebook all day. lol

The 7spd MT can definitely be adapted to the 2.7L. Will they? possible? But more highly improbable. Force people to go their route. Not what theyd like. Afterall you dont want it being to reliable....theres no money in reliability. You want it it last just about outside warranty which is 120k mi, Not much at all really...

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are not who they need to convince. To be very honest, they will sell a shit ton of these with the 2.3 and 2.7, why would they need to create a special model for people like you who feel the need for the V8? If they do, it sure won't be in the $50k range. There just are not enough of you to change their decision making.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not who they need to convince. To be very honest, they will sell a shit ton of these with the 2.3 and 2.7, why would they need to create a special model for people like you who feel the need for the V8? If they do, it sure won't be in the $50k range. There just are not enough of you to change their decision making.
I agree with you. Most ppl who get these will opt for 2.7. Since 310hp. Weak IMO though that’ll quickly change once tunings open up. And 2.3 is just as good. But....Nothing beats the sound of a V8. Nothing!

I complete understand the economics of it as to why it’s no longer. Give it 5yrs and you’ll pay $100k+ for a V8 IF it’s still around....dinosaur. Can make more power with a 4cyl in tunes. But sounds like a weed eater instead of a rumble lol

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you. Most ppl who get these will opt for 2.7. Since 310hp. Weak IMO though that’ll quickly change once tunings open up. And 2.3 is just as good. But....Nothing beats the sound of a V8. Nothing!

I complete understand the economics of it as to why it’s no longer. Give it 5yrs and you’ll pay $100k+ for a V8 IF it’s still around....dinosaur. Can make more power with a 4cyl in tunes. But sounds like a weed eater instead of a rumble lol
Yes, or you could go by a Dodge Durango with a v8, but then you would have to drive a Dodge Durango. 😝

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand manuals dont sell. Why? Because they removed them and gave you no choice. They trained people and told them they didnt want this type of transmission. Afterall. USA is about as lazy as one can be. Why do you think we're heading for automated cars? So we can get avg of 600lbs while eating mcdonalds and facebook all day. lol
Good point, comrade. When has evolution ever been beneficial? amirite?

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, or you could go by a Dodge Durango with a v8, but then you would have to drive a Dodge Durango.
It’s a fuxkin Dodge lmao it’s bad enough I’m interested in a Ford. And only reason is cause of the Manual Transmission. And it looks good. Pissed me off when Chevys blazer was a woman car instead of a competitor.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the charts for this forum; more than half Sasquatch, almost half lux, more then half BL/WT/FE and more then 3/4 chose the top engine. (10% of the sales are 2.3 automatics, that's it. 10%.) People are not afraid to spend money on Broncos.

When removing the manuals from the equation, 87% of people chose the 2.7. I have no doubt the manual take rate of a 2.7 would have mirrored that as well if it was a choice. Either way, between 75-90% of folks chose to get a model or extra cost engine with the most cylinders and power. Ford blew it and they know it. They under engined the Bronco, the demand is there for a Godzilla variant (turned for low end torque (without the need for giant exhaust for a high RPM engine, a small diameter/high velocity exhaust and higher overlap cam phasing would give huge torque down low, be ideal for a heavy off road vehicle)) and they would sell them in about the same percentages as the V8 mustangs compared to the smaller engined Mustangs. Less heat generated under the hood, less complexity, less warranty costs, lower production and installation costs. Similar weight if they choose an aluminum block. The Coyote is the wrong V8 for a truck*, put in the right one, especially with a manual option, and they will sell them all day long in the $55-65k range.

*A high revving 4-valve needs a larger diameter exhaust to not choke itself out with back pressure before it makes the most power up high. Kills exhaust velocity down low, which kills scavenging, which kills torque production (moves it higher in the rev range actually, exhaust diameter/design will move the power band up or down, just like camshaft selection and cam phasing, if Ford wanted to limit the horsepower of the 5.0 with a smaller exhaust (pumping losses would be a factor sooner) and the right camshaft/phasing, they could get a stump puller down low, but would not sell to the masses because the horsepower numbers would be low. Which is what a heavy truck really needs, emphasis on low end torque.)) The subject is quite lengthy actually. The above is very simplified.
Sponsored