Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owned Fords since 1980, very few issues. First was a 1976 F150 , current is 2017 F350. Owned Explorers, Expeditions, F150s, F250s and F350s. 100% confident. Also never had transmission issues as has been stated.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You want the ā€œBroncoā€, but I suspect itā€™s the true 4x4 suv, with the topless and doorless capability that is the real intrigue.

so are you either 100% on board buying a Ford

OR

do you have some, great or small, reservations or hesitation?
But you don't offer any in-betweens....only 100% in or not. I'm coming from 33 years of Toyota....I'd be confident enough, else I wouldn't drop 50k on a play truck! But 100%? Uh, no.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Few things in life offer 100% Certainty
Taxes
Death
That my dogs are always glad to see me when I get home

But for the purposes of this poll I voted 100%.

Will there be problems with some aspects of the Bronco, I'm sure there will be, but I'm still getting one and plan to enjoy the **** out of it :cool:
I've always said there are 3.
death
taxes
another once in a lifetime Toyota sale.

Deleted member 13702

Iā€™ve been burned by Ford before. My wife and I used to buy Fords exclusively. She had brand loyalty because her grandfather worked for the company, I did not.

Two trouble making shit boxes, a 2004 Sport Track and a 2005 Ford Explorer, and I swore that I would never buy another Ford again.

The Bronco definitely brought me back. Additionally, Iā€™ve watched Ford over the years bring up its quality, not take a government handout (bailout), and restructure for the better. Hopefully I donā€™t regret giving them another chance.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outdated? The Tacoma is a 2016 design, the ranger is a 2011 design.

donā€™t get the highly competitive full size pick up wat confused with the overall auto market. Ford just killed practically all their cars. Focusing on trucks and SUVs (and crossovers which is the new norm I know), what can go wrong, oh I dunno a gas crisis? Then we are right back at the mid 2000s problems. And who will suffer? Blue collar Americans.
Good thing the people that can afford a $50K off-roading truck are all working remote and the Mach E is just around the corner...

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in the last few years, I've deeply considered picking up an F150, just to have a decent truck around to do stuff with, but even that desire has been tempered by the fact that literally everyone I know that has had, or has a Ford product, has a ford product with transmission issues. Ford seems to be leaning into the future with electric, and was the only company that didn't take a bailout when the others did. but I am still nervous about Ford transmission reliability.

...but I still want a bronco. just all there is to it. I'll get the extended warranty and not give a fuck.
I have had my F150 for 6 years now with 0 issues. If you look at the reliability ratings they are pretty good.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never owned a Ford. Family never owned Fords growing up. No friends own Fords.

Uncharted territory for me.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be truthful, I have reservations about buying one of the big three again.
I have owned them all and worked for Saturn back in the day, so I know how important US manufacturers are to the economy, but... As a consumer, I have never been so disappointed as when I traded in each of my last 5-6 big three vehicles. I usually keep a car 3-4 years and put very few miles on them. I also take immaculate care of them and maintain them better than recommended. It sucks to support American manufacturing and have that investment lose half or more of its value so quickly, when a comparable foreign made vehicle will typically have a much higher resale value. My $.02.

Luckily, I really have deep roots with the Bronco and am not planning on getting rid of it as quickly as I normally do other vehicles. I can still see paying $53k for this thing to have it valued at $25-30k in 4-5 years with a minimal amount of miles on it and in great shape.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You want the ā€œBroncoā€, but I suspect itā€™s the true 4x4 suv, with the topless and doorless capability that is the real intrigue.

so are you either 100% on board buying a Ford

OR

do you have some, great or small, reservations or hesitation?
I want to buy American and I refuse to buy from a company that took a bailout from the government. That leaves me with Ford. If I wasn't buying American, I'd buy Japanese. Ford makes the best pickup truck on the market. Period. So I'm fully confident buying a truck based SUV from them. Also, in my travels to Europe, the only American made vehicles I've seen are Fords (small exception for Jeeps in Italy, but really they are FIAT now so not surprising). The best selling small car in the UK is a Ford Fiesta, not a German, French, Italian, Japanese, or Korean vehicle. A FORD. I considered buy a jeep wrangler to have the open air, off road vehicle of my dreams, but I fundamentally hate chrystler products because they are pieces of shit. As soon as I knew what this Bronco was going to be, it was a no brainer for a purchase.

Sponsored

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to age myself by saying this, but I've had 3 Fords:

A 1959 Ford Taunus (great little 4 cyl, drove it everywhere, including the desert)
1970 Ford Pinto (no comment)
1966 Ford Econoline Van

I'm still buying a Wildtrak... :p

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s one of my stigmas against Jeep, but not the Bronco.

I also donā€™t like the fact I could leave my house and pass 7-10 Jeeps. Thatā€™s not an exaggeration, either. The difference of three may depend on the number of Jeeps driving into the neighborhood.

one thing Iā€™m betting on is the Bronco being full Model Based Definition from the concept up through the shop floor. Thatā€™ll make a huge difference in quality
Nice! In 3 years youā€™ll leave your house and pass 7-10 Broncos!

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned 2 mustangs, F-150, an escape, 1930 Model A pickup all steel all Ford drivetrain, and currently an Edge. I will die knowing that Ford is the only way.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boomers: I only buy (insert brand), MURICA! EVERYTHING ELSE IS A POS!!!!

Non-boomers: I like this car, I should buy it.

That should settle this threads entire discussion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.