Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Tacos weren't so uncomfortable I'd be more inclined to get one... but feels like you have to be under 5'8" to fit comfortably in one. Shame because I generally like the Tacoma, I just can't sit in it for more than an hour.

Once the next generation Ranger arrives I plan on taking a look at that—because you're right, you are missing some utility in the Bronco that pickup trucks have. (I actually was intending to buy a Ranger before the Bronco was announced.) And with the Ranger and Bronco being manufactured in the same assembly plant, I think there is a decent change it'll have a manual transmission option in 2024.

Or I may just get a small utility trailer for the time I need pickup-like capabilities.
I agree with the OP in that having the Bronco as an only vehicle does not make sense for a lot of people, but….. I don’t get the love for the Taco. The cab feels like a sardine can, ride is uncomfortable and the visibility is poor. Much better truck options to be had.
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just drive what suits me most based on needs.

Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. 20191124_111710
Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. 20220708_123813

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tacoma...it's like buying a truck from 2002 in 2022. Yeah, it's going to last forever because it doesn't have anything. If I were buying a midsized it would probably be a new Frontier. The power train is a tank and with the new model they're actually in the 21st century now.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is letting everyone know you sold your bronco part of the grieving process? I guess I should go on the ford 6.7 diesel forum and announce I sold it? Lol

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tacoma...it's like buying a truck from 2002 in 2022. Yeah, it's going to last forever because it doesn't have anything. If I were buying a midsized it would probably be a new Frontier. The power train is a tank and with the new model they're actually in the 21st century now.
Exactly! I really like the Toyota 4-Runner TRD, but the tech in it looks like 1995 called and wants its cool features back. I understand that a "real" off-road guy or gal doesn't want tech. They just want it to work and do off-road stuff. I'm a mix between off-road and concrete princess, sad but true and I own that. :D

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure why people get upset over these posts, its a forum for people to express their opinions as well as their experiences.

Square peg / round hole.

You do lose a lot of utility when you go from a truck to a Bronco, there's no doubt about it. The question a lot of people have to ask is, will they miss having a truck, and you might not know the answer until you switch.

More Broncos for people who want them!

I say thanks for sharing

Last edited:

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. cool-story-bro-4

The vehicle is nothing like a truck. Not sure what you expected when you got the Bronco but it doesn't magically have a bed extend on the back of it. I don't get these types of posts. People purchased this vehicle thinking that they were going to get some Lexus in a Wrangler body style.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone just wanted to let you know that I traded my bronco for a Toyota, a vehicle I really wanted in the first place…….. what was the purpose of this post again??

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

K bye?

Im a mom of two young children. My bronco is my only vehicle (not including my husband's). It's the family vehicle we take everywhere, even soccer practice 😉 road trips, off-road adventures, and gasp, the mall/shopping centers! It couldn't have been a better fit for me. I knew what I was getting into though. I've always been one for niche vehicles (my last fun car was an Rx-8. Can't get much more niche than caring for a rotary engine properly). Ultimately it doesn't make sense for everyone, but I find it to be very well rounded.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like OP made the right move for them. To say it has no functionality is not a true statement. It has less functionality but it's not zero. I pull a trailer when I have truck like hauling needs. Most of my miles are running errands, client site visits for work, or just driving around. The Bronco works just as well as any other vehicle out there for transporting primarily 1-2 people and an occasional 3rd person.

No need to justify the move by putting down what you just sold. It just wasn't the right fit. Too many folks feel the need to bash the option they didn't take to justify their decision. I traded in a very nice Taco TRD Pro. It was a great truck. I just wanted a Bronco. Both were/are good choices.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I came from a TRD off road Tacoma to the Bronco. I worried I made a mistake the first few days but there's no doubt the Bronco is more fun to drive and way more comfortable on the road as a daily driver. I can live with hooking up my trailer when I need to. My last three cars were a Tacoma, Forester, and GTI. If you laid those three vehicles on a venn diagram, the Bronco would be right in the middle. SOME of the Taco's utility/body on frame feel. SOME of the Forester's level of daily comfort/interior space, SOME of the GTI's fun turbo/stick shift nature. Does it do any one thing as well as those? No. But it does all those things pretty well which makes it a good "all arounder" to me. Also considerably better gas mileage than a Tacoma if you opt for Big Bend/Outer Banks non-sasquatch in my experience.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you realized how useless the bronco is for anything other than going off road........seems a little short sighted

A long bed off roader can have its own limitations too but glad you're in the right vehicle now and all is well

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha I went from a ‘17 superduty to my bronco then my wife liked mine so much we bought another. We have done 2800 miles road trips. We daily drive both of them and have a utility trailer if I need more space. Everyone has their uses for vehicles the Bronco has done everything I needed and asked it to. I will agree on a lot of the interior parts feel cheap and scratch easy. But they are far from useless.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enjoyed a taco once before, but I regretted it that night... Darn you Taco Bell!

Enjoy your truck. At the end of the day, you have to live with it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.