Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyotas are very reliable I'll give them that. However, they need catch up to 2022 technology and redesign both tacoma and the 4 runner.
Sponsored

SlapnutsGT

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the exact opposite. I ordered the bronco back when the orders opened, it was taking so long I went ahead and got a 22 Tacoma TRD off-road. The Ford dealer never cancelled my order so I went and swapped for the Bronco and the difference has been night and day.

I just spent the weekend on the beach for a local fishing tourney, the Bronco was much better on the sand than the Tacoma... it was actually a little work to drive the Tacoma around here, especially in the dry/looser sand near the ramps. I liked the Tacoma a lot but for going off road on sand it sucked in comparison. The biggest loss was losing the truck bed but in my daily use its a minor thing to me.

Sounds like your hang up was the luxary you lose having something like a bronco. The Tacoma had all these pretty freatures even tho they were nice they were unnecessary for the use I wanted to get out of the truck.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After 8000 miles on the 2 door Manual Badlands Lux, it was time to part ways.
Wow!
Only 8000 miles!?!!

I've never parted ways with a vehicle until it had at least 180,000 miles on the odometer, and most were well over the 200,000 mark.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the Tacos weren't so uncomfortable I'd be more inclined to get one... but feels like you have to be under 5'8" to fit comfortably in one. Shame because I generally like the Tacoma, I just can't sit in it for more than an hour.

Once the next generation Ranger arrives I plan on taking a look at that—because you're right, you are missing some utility in the Bronco that pickup trucks have. (I actually was intending to buy a Ranger before the Bronco was announced.) And with the Ranger and Bronco being manufactured in the same assembly plant, I think there is a decent change it'll have a manual transmission option in 2024.

Or I may just get a small utility trailer for the time I need pickup-like capabilities.
This is exactly my same feeling on the Tacoma. One heck of a good looking and versatile truck but if you are over 5'-8" you won't fit comfortably. I am 6' with long 34" inseam legs and even though the seat moves back far enough the 1/2" the steering telescopes is not enough travel. I need another inch of telescoping to be comfortable. Bronco is way more comfortable for me. Toyota- don't forget about us tall guys.......

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 6 foot tall with fairly broad shoulders and for me, Tacomas are the most uncomfortable truck I've ever been in.

Of course I wouldn't want to be saddled with a Mustang either, they were not built with me in mind.

But again, not every vehicle is the right fit for everyone. I just wish size wasn't so much a factor.

Sponsored

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To go from a 2 door Bronco to a crew cab long bed pickup would indicate the Bronco was never the correct choice to start with.

Mine has actually ended up being the opposite experience. It's shown that for me, it's capable of doing more of the day to day duties that I thought would be reserved for my wife's vehicle.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait… So when you are at the airport, do you announce your departure??

Razorback at the airport: “Okay, folks, that’s my flight! I’m heading over to Gate 16 now, have a good rest of your trip!”

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After 8000 miles on the 2 door Manual Badlands Lux, it was time to part ways. The Bronco is a cool vehicle but is kinda a “One trick pony”. For me, it’s just not well rounded enough. If I had never bought one, I would have never been happy with anything else. So I sold the Bronco and went back to a Tacoma. Extremely good off-road and just way more versatile. I’m so glad I scratched that itch but as crazy as it sounds, Bronco just doesn’t make sense for me. I feel we might see this happening to a lot of people. I wouldn’t call it buyers remorse. More like, I didn’t realize just how useless the Bronco is for anything other than going off-road. It just felt cheaply made the more time I spent in it. I started customizing it to try to rekindle the romance but nothing seemed to work. I’m getting out while I can still make some money on it.

The moment I hopped behind the wheel of the TRD Off-road Taco, the world was right again. I even went with a long bed just to do more truck stuff.
Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. Bronco and ZR2 (2)
My ex-wife has a 2019 TRD Off Road Tacoma. Underpowered, not all its cracked up to be off road and the payload (you know, for 'truck' things is pathetic (975lb for a 4 door pickup? The average person has 100# of crap in their vehicle, then subtract driver and passengers and you don't have much left).

I mean, if it works for you, great but there is no way I would go that route. Worse mpg than my F150 and far less capable in every way, why bother.

Sponsored

SunsetJuice

Outer Banks
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is letting everyone know you sold your bronco part of the grieving process? I guess I should go on the ford 6.7 diesel forum and announce I sold it? Lol
I bet you miss that 6.7 tho...they're pretty sweet, even though they don't fit in the garage!

SunsetJuice

Outer Banks
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I cannot WAIT to get out of my Gladiator, into a Bronco. I miss the cargo space an SUV brings. We have plenty of trucks at the house to do truck-stuff with.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're a one car family (just us and a dog, no kids) and our OBX does everything we need it to. Other than the rear of the softtop being kind of annoying when loading stuff in the back, and lower MPG, I really don't see how a 4 door Bronco is any less practical than any other SUV of a comparable size.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a 96 Tacoma and then got a 17 Tacoma. After totaling the 17, I decided to order a Bronco (always wanted one and plan was to drive the 96 until the new Bronco was released but head gasket blew prior to that happening). While waiting on the Bronco, I have been driving my wife's old Prius. As much as I love trucks and their utility, this has made me realize I can get away with not having one. Especially since the Bronco will have a hitch and I own a 12' trailer. To each their own.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.