Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned

This is the dude who , in the middle of his "review" for the bronco pulls out his phone and says the CEO of jeep texted him and announced they would ALSO have a sasquatch package.

UPDATE:

Started this thread off a bit nasty towards @TFLtruck however his engagement and transparency have been enlightening. He changed my mind however i still do think the "announcement" in the middle of the first bronco drive off road was a bit much and could have been handled better with a separate video announcing the jeep thing. gotta understand they are THE car review channel on youtube and that carries extra responsibility. If this many people already think they are biased , its going to get much worse as the ford/jeep wars heat up and they need to be careful that their brand isnt tarnished.

sorry @TFLtruck
Sponsored

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the dude who , in the middle of his "review" for the bronco pulls out his phone and says the CEO of jeep texted him and announced they would ALSO have a sasquatch package.
I’m shocked!

Last edited:

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People like different things, I don’t see why preferring a jeep is a big deal or makes a person a shill.

The fact that the Bronco is being considered as an equal to the Wrangler on Fords first try is extremely promising.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you guys are being a bit hard on Tommy. I’ve watched enough of their videos to see him stick up for Ford on more than one occasion. I think his father took the Ford punishment the hardest and Tommy is constantly contradicting his father’s comments.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
People like different things, I don’t see why preferring a jeep is a big deal or makes a person a shill.

The fact that the Bronco is being considered as an equal to the Wrangler on Fords first try is extremely promising.
the issue here is the dude says he is unbiased , yet in the middle of his review for the bronco pulls out a phone and gives the competition a product announcement

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the issue here is the dude says he is unbiased , yet in the middle of his review for the bronco pulls out a phone and gives the competition a product announcement
Nobody is unbiased, especially people who have made a financial commitment to buy a specific vehicle (aka everyone here).

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Nobody is unbiased, especially people who have made a financial commitment to buy a specific vehicle (aka everyone here).
there is a difference between "personally biased" and "ruining your professional reputation by reading a personal text from the competing companies CEO during a review of a competing product"

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, TFL has a track record here. A bit of background for those who aren’t familiar with it…

TFL stands for “The Fast Lane”, which is a small, independent operation based in Boulder with multiple YouTube channels (e.g., TFLcar, TFLtruck).

Several weeks before the Bronco launch, TFL published a YouTube video showing very specific spy photographs leaked to them against Ford's policy by an anonymous individual with access to Ford's prototype vehicles. The photos detailed major features of the 2021 Bronco ahead of Ford's multi-million-dollar reveal of the new platform. The reveal, initially planned to be conducted live in front of a large studio audience filled with automotive press members, had been delayed in order to retool it as a remote event due to the emerging pandemic.

Shortly thereafter, TFL personnel were SHOCKED to learn that they were "summarily disinvited" from Ford's official reveal for both the new Bronco and the new F-150... which were huge events in the calendar year that TFL would no longer "be able to cover... as originally intended." 🤦‍♂️

Not surprisingly, Ford banished TFL from future press events for most of the year.

Check out the link below for TFL’s side of the story…

https://tflcar.com/2020/06/ford-disinvited-tfl-bronco-f-150/

Last edited:

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the other big factor- the Jeep exists and he can go buy it and drive it right now. Bronco is at best a long waiting game and at worst a shell game between the customer, dealer, and Ford. If I really needed a car anytime within the next year, Jeep would be the logical choice.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

If you watch their show you would understand.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He was very objective and flat out states where the Bronco is better numerous times.

Another major point.
Rear AC vents to keep his dog comfortable.
As a dog owner, with no kids, I gotta admit, that made me like him

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unfortunately, TFL has a track record here. A bit of background for those who aren’t familiar with it…

TFL stands for “The Fast Lane”, which is a small, independent operation based in Boulder with multiple YouTube channels (e.g., TFLcar, TFLtruck).

Several weeks before the Bronco launch, TFL published a YouTube video showing very specific spy photographs leaked to them against Ford's policy by an anonymous individual with access to Ford's prototype vehicles. The photos detailed major features of the 2021 Bronco ahead of Ford's multi-million-dollar reveal of the new platform. The reveal, initially planned to be conducted live in front of a large studio audience filled with automotive press members, had been delayed in order to retool it as a remote event due to the emerging pandemic.

Shortly thereafter, TFL personnel were SHOCKED to learn that they were "summarily disinvited" from Ford's official reveal for both the new Bronco and the new F-150... which were huge events in the calendar year that TFL would no longer "be able to cover... as originally intended." 🤦‍♂️

Not surprisingly, Ford banished TFL from future press events for most of the year.

Check out the link below for TFL’s side of the story…

https://tflcar.com/2020/06/ford-disinvited-tfl-bronco-f-150/
Spot on the money, boy Stellantis is really scared of this Bronco, they are calling on their big guns...LOL.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He was very objective and flat out states where the Bronco is better numerous times.

Another major point.
Are there not AC vents up front? Can your wife not get in the back?

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Another major point.
it doesnt matter the video itself and the name of it is purposely basically an advertisement. "HERE IS WHY I DIDNT BUY A BRONCO AND BOUGHT A CHEAP JEEP INSTEAD"

this is literally something he could have kept to himself and revealed in some other future video in the commentary but he produced and shot a video specifically for it

its an advertisement and i would bet money he was paid for it
Sponsored