Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be truthful, I have reservations about buying one of the big three again.
I have owned them all and worked for Saturn back in the day, so I know how important US manufacturers are to the economy, but... As a consumer, I have never been so disappointed as when I traded in each of my last 5-6 big three vehicles. I usually keep a car 3-4 years and put very few miles on them. I also take immaculate care of them and maintain them better than recommended. It sucks to support American manufacturing and have that investment lose half or more of its value so quickly, when a comparable foreign made vehicle will typically have a much higher resale value. My $.02.

Luckily, I really have deep roots with the Bronco and am not planning on getting rid of it as quickly as I normally do other vehicles. I can still see paying $53k for this thing to have it valued at $25-30k in 4-5 years with a minimal amount of miles on it and in great shape.
In five years you'll still be able to get almost 40k for your Bronco. Try to find a 5 year old Rubicon in good shape with less than 50k miles that isn't $35k+. You can't! Now make it a Bronco that's got factory 35's and all the bells and whistles. Unless these things are complete and utter lemons, they will hold value.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder why, when the question is about a specific brand... someone has to come in bashing the folks having a conversation over the brand... hmmm, I guess from a scientific standpoint, one could determine the kind of person.... wait, I can’t bring myself to become that negative... never mind

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In five years you'll still be able to get almost 40k for your Bronco. Try to find a 5 year old Rubicon in good shape with less than 50k miles that isn't $35k+. You can't! Now make it a Bronco that's got factory 35's and all the bells and whistles. Unless these things are complete and utter lemons, they will hold value.
I hope you're right! More so, for others who will sell. I plan on parking this in a field and letting it rot like a first gen when I'm through with it!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Boomers: I only buy (insert brand), MURICA! EVERYTHING ELSE IS A POS!!!!

Non-boomers: I like this car, I should buy it.

That should settle this threads entire discussion.
My Tundra was built in Murica!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This will be my first Ford .... really REALLY hoping to join the masses of happy customers, and i'm getting the Bronco for some offroad glee no matter what, but I'm hesitant cuz of things that Ford has done in the past .... I cant say i know the whole history but since my interest peeked with the Bronco I've read a lot and seen a lot on youtube

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going to age myself by saying this, but I've had 3 Fords:

A 1959 Ford Taunus (great little 4 cyl, drove it everywhere, including the desert)
1970 Ford Pinto (no comment)
1966 Ford Econoline Van

I'm still buying a Wildtrak... :p
I enjoy car history, you had me at 1959 Ford Taunus, did not ring a bell till I looked up the photo, those are a rare bird.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But you don't offer any in-betweens....only 100% in or not. I'm coming from 33 years of Toyota....I'd be confident enough, else I wouldn't drop 50k on a play truck! But 100%? Uh, no.
I didn’t want it to be a hating thread. Moreso just seeing if there is any hesitation.

obviously nothing is perfect.

but if there is a 2023 FJ40, then I would be 100% confident that it would be as close to perfect as possible, and any issues would covered.
Naahhh! It's not woke, it's just science. Give it a try! It's good stuff.
to hide behind the vague “brand loyalty doesn’t make sense” argument, and not acknowledge that Toyota is vastly superior to Ford, doesn’t make you a scientist... it makes you a flat earther. But hey! Ignorance is bliss!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Boomers: I only buy (insert brand), MURICA! EVERYTHING ELSE IS A POS!!!!

Non-boomers: I like this car, I should buy it.

That should settle this threads entire discussion.
I know people on both sides of the age line you drew. Like everything, I have seen Ford only people and buy what you like people, from all ages.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had my F150 for 6 years now with 0 issues. If you look at the reliability ratings they are pretty good.
As stated on other threads, Ford is usually in the high teens to low twenties ranked in reliability.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, just picked up my wife's new 2021 Ford Explorer yesterday, drove home from dealer that is 2 hrs from my home and she was grinning all the way home.
Pretty much all the same technology in her Explorer will be on my Bronco so I can't wait ,a lot of very cool technology.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.