MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A bit...the bronco main screen bothers me more. My 4 year old volvo infotainment is so clean looking. Makes the bronco look like junk. Does anyone know when they move to sync 5 or whatever iteration is next, will the infotainment get updated on our bronco's (fonts, layout)?
I think the word you're looking for is 'utilitarian'. ;)
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
20.1 mpg? I'll have a Wildtrak, and I'm curious what I'll be able to squeak out of it... Not 20 I'm sure, but if I can get high teens, that's good 'nough!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A bit...the bronco main screen bothers me more. My 4 year old volvo infotainment is so clean looking. Makes the bronco look like junk. Does anyone know when they move to sync 5 or whatever iteration is next, will the infotainment get updated on our bronco's (fonts, layout)?
As an owner of many Ford vehicles for the last 20 years, do not expect a single update to the UI on any of the screens. It is what it is.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love it how the cars I've owned in the last 30 years, the fuel economy gets worse with each new car purchase. 92 VW Gti was getting mid to low 30's. then various other VW's, same. then I had a Fiat 500, mid to high 20's, then a Jeep Renegade low to mid 20's... and now the Bronco at if I'm lucky will barely squeak out a 20mpg. Probably more like high teens the way I drive. I know the cars are not comparable, but still!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.
May as well be a spaceship to me, but then look at my vehicles list :LOL:

Sponsored

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This fuel economy pic does seem to lend some credibility to the rumor that the Bronco will have similar fuel economy to the Expedition.

From google on the Expedition fuel economy:
" The rear-driver is rated by the EPA at 17 mpg city and 24 mpg highway; the all-wheel-drive version drops to 22 mpg highway. Both the regular-length Expedition and the longer Expedition Max delivered 20 mpg on our 200-mile highway fuel-economy route. "

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4x4 = crappy MPG thats just the way it is ,throw in brick like aerodynamics and i say 16 or lower.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was going downhill with a tailwind. ;)

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha. I wasn't gonna say anything because I didn't want to hurt feelings or appear as a complainer. But from the start I've always felt the interior of the big Bronco is the weak link out of quite an impressive overall package (especially when comparing to the Bronco sports nice interior)

There's always room for improvement, somewhere. Wouldn't you agree?
Improvement? Possibly. I'll get back to you after I go to the local Bronco dealer event this afternoon. Honestly though, the forum is so awash in complaints about every little thing that I'm almost shocked it's an enthusiast forum. Even with multiple photos saying otherwise, we're still getting "it's a brick, going to get 6mpg on a steep downhill". Also, have we discussed the GVWR or cupholder issues, yet?

Some people aren't happy if they don't find something to complain about, I guess. Mine happens to be complaining about other people complaining. 😁

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.
Looks pretty 21st century to me compared to what I'm used to :)

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event Screenshot_20210406-085940_Video Player

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Improvement? Possibly. I'll get back to you after I go to the local Bronco dealer event this afternoon. Honestly though, the forum is so awash in complaints about every little thing that I'm almost shocked it's an enthusiast forum. Even with multiple photos saying otherwise, we're still getting "it's a brick, going to get 6mpg on a steep downhill". Also, have we discussed the GVWR or cupholder issues, yet?

Some people aren't happy if they don't find something to complain about, I guess. Mine happens to be complaining about other people complaining. 😁
Please do share after the event. My local event isn't until end of the month

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Need that analog gauge so you can add a snorkel and deep dive. Gotta have something for backup!

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love it how the cars I've owned in the last 30 years, the fuel economy gets worse with each new car purchase. 92 VW Gti was getting mid to low 30's. then various other VW's, same. then I had a Fiat 500, mid to high 20's, then a Jeep Renegade low to mid 20's... and now the Bronco at if I'm lucky will barely squeak out a 20mpg. Probably more like high teens the way I drive. I know the cars are not comparable, but still!
I'm actually impressed you only managed mid to high 20's in a 500. I have an Abarth 500 and unless I manage a full tank of only city driving or bumper to bumper it's almost entirely 30 -35 mpg and that's with fairly overzealous use of the accelerator. When I hit a long highway drive I can push 35+ mpg and on the two occasions I took it through a snowstorm on an empty highway for a full tank at about 50mph the whole way I managed 48 mpg.
Sponsored